August WNBA thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

August WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't know...this was EDD's best year in seemingly forever, but she's still too questionable health wise I think. And Parker has the problem of, she's really good when she shows up, but she has far too many games when she seems disinterested. Was probably worse when she was in LA, but it still happens in Chicago. Stewie seems to stand alone among these 3 in terms of being reliable game in and game out.

Reaction Score
I don't know...this was EDD's best year in seemingly forever, but she's still too questionable health wise I think. And Parker has the problem of, she's really good when she shows up, but she has far too many games when she seems disinterested. Was probably worse when she was in LA, but it still happens in Chicago. Stewie seems to stand alone among these 3 in terms of being reliable game in and game out.
Lol, Candace Parker is a LEGEND in Women's Basketball. Let's see what the other 2 look like at 36 years old. Stewart is in her Prime.

Reaction Score
The three best players in the WNBA are Candace, EDD, and Stewie. Maybe none of them get MVP, but you can't take them out of the game. All 3 can play defense rebound take the ball the length of the floor, pass, score. JJ has that ability but doesn't have the attitude to dominate. EDD talked about playing in Seattle's new arena. Could you imagine her on the same team as Stewie and Loyd?
Wilson is top 3 and will win her 2nd MVP - EDD out. You can't play half a season, miss a whole year, minutes restrictions, etc. and be a top 3 player. If she's broke down, she's broke down.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jackie Young named Most Improved Player. Gabby got 1 vote.

A'ja Wilson named DPOY. Stewie finished 3rd and made 1st Team. Gabby made 2nd Team.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Largely agree with this, though I'll say all 3 are different players. EDD's bread and butter is scoring the basketball and has great touch from anywhere. She had a great year but is so injury prone.

Parker is no longer the unstoppable scorer she once was but she's a heck of a weapon at 6-4 and is one of the main reasons why Chicago has such balanced scoring and ball movement. She impacts the game in more ways than anyone and has turned into one of the league's best leaders. She isn't as consistent night in night out compared to her early years but these playoffs she has been excellent night in night out.

At this point Stewart looks like the clear best player in the world to me. Stewie just does everything well, can score from anywhere and is so fluid handling the ball and operating both inside and out. She's like the female Kevin Durant without the drama. Comparing her to Wilson, I think Wilson deserves MVP this year but in a matchup or series I'm always picking Stewart over A'ja. She's dominated A'ja her entire career from college to the pros.

If Seattle pulls out this title, I think Stewart at just 28 has a legitimate argument for best player of all time even over the likes of Jackson, Taurasi, Parker, Moore, Leslie, etc. At 28 she'd have 4 NCAA titles, 4 Final Four MOPs, 3 WNBA titles, 3 WNBA Finals MVPs, possibly 2 regular season MVPs and her playoff numbers are just ridiculous. Not to mention she missed all of 2019 and missed the 2021 playoffs (where they likely beat Phoenix if she's healthy considering they almost won without her).

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Watching the Storm-Aces game the other day it seemed like about every other time Stewie touched the ball I let out a HOLY (expletive)! and rewound to watch the play again. She is absolutely at the top of her game right now.

Reaction Score
Watching the Storm-Aces game the other day it seemed like about every other time Stewie touched the ball I let out a HOLY (expletive)! and rewound to watch the play again. She is absolutely at the top of her game right now.

The turn around step back on one foot!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Some Nice recognition

Stewie named to 1st team all defense (3rd in votes). Article says she never made first team before (only seconf teams? ) FYI Second in Defensive Winshare
Gabby on second all defense team

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Why did the W have such a compressed season when they planned on SO many days off in the playoffs. I would have thought one day off between the first two games, 2, maybe 3 when traveling. Three days off in the same city after something like five between series seems excessive when combined with teams playing four times a week occasionally during the season.

Reaction Score
Why did the W have such a compressed season when they planned on SO many days off in the playoffs. I would have thought one day off between the first two games, 2, maybe 3 when traveling. Three days off in the same city after something like five between series seems excessive when combined with teams playing four times a week occasionally during the season.
They have the Fiba World tournament in Australia coming up. They had to shorten the number of days in the season to get the Players there.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
They have the Fiba World tournament in Australia coming up. They had to shorten the number of days in the season to get the Players there.
I understand that, the question is, why did they compress the regular season while seemingly streching the postseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom