August recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

August recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As you said, she is agile and skilled, she is 6'4, she shows in video a good outside shot- we haven't seen anything defensively, is this what you mean when you say you don't see Stewie level qualities? I can easily see a comparison to Stewie.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I like her. From the clip, in one word she plays smooth. Always seems in control. She's going to have to elevate her post moves

Reaction Score
As you said, she is agile and skilled, she is 6'4, she shows in video a good outside shot- we haven't seen anything defensively, is this what you mean when you say you don't see Stewie level qualities? I can easily see a comparison to Stewie.
Stewie's offensive game was already at another level by the time she graduated high school........for a player of her size to be so agile and versatile is a very rare thing.........I will say that Toomey's outside shot might be superior but let's see her in college first.........

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Very skilled and mature young lady ! I believe she would be a great fit at UConn ❗
Getting her to commit to Uconn would be a tremendous catch, this young lady seem to have all the tools. At 6'4 she looks to have a strong post game and seems to have a consistent perimeter game with nice form on her shot.

Reaction Score
Stewie's offensive game was already at another level by the time she graduated high school........for a player of her size to be so agile and versatile is a very rare thing.........I will say that Toomey's outside shot might be superior but let's see her in college first.........

I remember looking up Stewart's HS stats and was surprised to see that in her first 3 years she only took about 5-10 3 pt shots. That's about 2 or 3/season As a senior she took about 25-30. So even though she came to UConn with a reputation as a 3 pt shooter she was far from being an accomplished threat from 3 as a HS junior, which is what Toomey is now.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I remember looking up Stewart's HS stats and was surprised to see that in her first 3 years she only took about 5-10 3 pt shots. That's about 2 or 3/season As a senior she took about 25-30. So even though she came to UConn with a reputation as a 3 pt shooter she was far from being an accomplished threat from 3 as a HS junior, which is what Toomey is now.
I definitely like wht im hearing abt this girls game and work effort

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ciera would be a solid addition to UCONN!
Christmas In Rockefeller Center GIF by NBC

Reaction Score
I don't quite see Stewie level qualities but who has those?........certainly agile and skilled for a 6'4" high school player........also seems very mature which is a big plus these days......
Ciera Tonney looks like Ann Strother to me.

Reaction Score
yes still the weakest part of her game but she can score two points in more ways than just about any other player.......

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
What's not to like, she has a good shot, outstanding ball handling for a big and good defense with a long wing span. Heck she is already solid and she has 2 handfuls of high school ball in front of her. She appeared in awe that Geno wants her and already looks like a Husky. CT come on down, learn from the best, play with the best, win with the best let Geno teach you to be the best.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Kosu, who is just 16, was the young star of the Russian U19 team, finishing as the 4th highest scorer in the tournament. My only question: Is she willing to come 9000 miles to set screens?????
Is tht all tht you thk she's good at/for?.....just asking bcus you've seen her play right?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Is tht all tht you thk she's good at/for?.....just asking bcus you've seen her play right?
In case you missed the reference, I was referring to former UConn star, Sveta Abrosimova from Russia, who used to drive Geno crazy, and was reported to have complained that she didn’t come 9000 miles to set screens.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Ciera Tonney looks like Ann Strother to me.

In case you missed the reference, I was referring to former UConn star, Sveta Abrosimova from Russia, who used to drive Geno crazy, and was reported to have complained that she didn’t come 9000 miles to set screens.
Right
Right over my head....Mea Culpa.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Getting her to commit to Uconn would be a tremendous catch, this young lady seem to have all the tools. At 6'4 she looks to have a strong post game and seems to have a consistent perimeter game with nice form on her shot.
Her post shots in that one clip were from about 7 feet. A good D1 post would turn that shot into a turnover real quick. She'll have to elevate that. Other than that she looks terrific to me. At 6'4", and probably still growing, she has a great handle and really nice shot. She could really be a unicorn that could play either 5,4, or 3/2 equally well.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Her post shots in that one clip were from about 7 feet. A good D1 post would turn that shot into a turnover real quick. She'll have to elevate that. Other than that she looks terrific to me. At 6'4", and probably still growing, she has a great handle and really nice shot. She could really be a unicorn that could play either 5,4, or 3/2 equally well.
Between CD and Jamelle tht problem should be fixed, but tht D1 post has to respect her at tht range, and maybe as far as the arc where she just has to worry abt smaller players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom