August recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

August recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Sahara does indeed look 'strong'. She finishes drives around the basket with both hands....and after absorbing contact.
Hope there is mutual interest. She is a 2024'er and we do need to get guard help from 2023 and/or 2024.
I wonder if Geno still wants a guard from 2022 to go with the two outstanding forwards from that class we know about....
Patterson and Brady.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sahara does indeed look 'strong'. She finishes drives around the basket with both hands....and after absorbing contact.
Hope there is mutual interest. She is a 2024'er and we do need to guard help from 2023 and/or 2024.
I wonder if Geno still wants a guard from 2022 to go with the two outstanding forwards from that class we know about....
Patterson and Brady.
This was an impressive highlight package from Sahara she does appear to be very strong. However the most impressive combo guard IMO inclusive of the 22-24 HS classes I've seen is Olivia Olson.
Her ceiling could be as high as Sabrina Ionescu- there I said it. BYW she looks up to Paige.

Reaction Score
This was an impressive highlight package from Sahara she does appear to be very strong. However the most impressive combo guard IMO inclusive of the 22-24 HS classes I've seen is Olivia Olson.
Her ceiling could be as high as Sabrina Ionescu- there I said it. BYW she looks up to Paige.

As you may remember, Olson is one of the 2 guards I really like in '24. However, I've just got a feeling she could wind up at Iowa to take over for the program savior. Just in case, I'd be on this other kid like white on rice.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
CD now following Olivia Olson ('24). Thanks to UConn Cat for the tip..

"She is very unique," said Nick Storm, co-director and founder of the Minnesota Fury AAU program, where Olson plays. "In terms of her size and length, combined with her pure athleticism? In terms of leaping ability, speed, change of direction? There aren't that many 6-1, really lengthy, athletic kids who can jump up and grab the rim, who can play point guard and shoot threes, mid-range. What she brings to the court is unreal."

Then add this: Work ethic.

For all the skill, Olson's willingness to work was mentioned quickly by Storm and Benilde-St. Margaret's coach Michael Swann. And by Sue Phillips, who will coach Team USA in Mexico, who listed Olson's attributes in this order: "Work ethic, skill set, competitive nature."

That, of course, brings comparisons to former Hopkins star and current UConn player Paige Bueckers.

Storm shies away from that. Comparisons like that put a lot of pressure on a player. But he will say this:

Olson is taller, stronger and more capable of playing multiple positions than Bueckers was at the same age.

"[Olson] is very similar in terms of seeing the floor," Storm said. "I've talked to college coaches, people I trust, and they have said they think she can be the best player in college basketball at some point."

Reaction Score

"She is very unique," said Nick Storm, co-director and founder of the Minnesota Fury AAU program, where Olson plays. "In terms of her size and length, combined with her pure athleticism? In terms of leaping ability, speed, change of direction? There aren't that many 6-1, really lengthy, athletic kids who can jump up and grab the rim, who can play point guard and shoot threes, mid-range. What she brings to the court is unreal."

For all the skill, Olson's willingness to work was mentioned quickly by Storm and Benilde-St. Margaret's coach Michael Swann. And by Sue Phillips, who will coach Team USA in Mexico, who listed Olson's attributes in this order: "Work ethic, skill set, competitive nature."

That, of course, brings comparisons to former Hopkins star and current UConn player Paige Bueckers.

Storm shies away from that. Comparisons like that put a lot of pressure on a player. But he will say this:

Olson is taller, stronger and more capable of playing multiple positions than Bueckers was at the same age.

"[Olson] is very similar in terms of seeing the floor," Storm said. "I've talked to college coaches, people I trust, and they have said they think she can be the best player in college basketball at some point."

I watch her games Lmao she's not better than paige even she's not in the same level ,how could he said that no one could do what Paige did man even DT in her freshman year ...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I watch her games Lmao she's not better than paige even she's not in the same level ,how could he said that no one could do what Paige did man even DT in her freshman year ...
Maybe you should read the entire quote more S L O W L Y. Key points bolded and underlined for emphasis.

Olivia Olson is class of 2024 which means she just completed her Freshman year of HS.

Reaction Score

I wonder what took CD so long to get on her. This was a no-brainer. ;)

Reaction Score
Maybe you should read the entire quote more S L O W L Y. Key points bolded and underlined for emphasis.

Olivia Olson is class of 2024 which means she just completed her Freshman year of HS.

The comparison appears to be of their physical attributes. Bueckers as a HS freshman resembled Starvin Marvin.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Asking for a friend………how high is Ciera Toomey on our wish list?
Answering as a friend.

Attachments

• So High (1).gif
    So High (1).gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 92

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The comparison appears to be of their physical attributes. Bueckers as a HS freshman resembled Starvin Marvin.
Precisely. This particular comparison was based on the physical attributes (Olson is taller and stronger) and the position versatility (Olson is now 6'1" and able to play positions 1-3) at an exceptional level.
Things get real interesting for Olson starting tomorrow when the U16 team starts camp in DC. I'm very interested to see what Sue Phillips does with both Olson & Booker on this team. Sue Phillips of course is the former HS coach of Haley Jones and a practitioner of what some like to call "positionless" basketball. BTW the comparison of Olson to Paige was inevitable and will be on going because they are from both from Minnesota. The very first time I say Olson play my immediate comparison/benchmark was to a "more athletic" version of Sabrina Ionescu. I realize that a lofty comparison but I'm sticking by it and hoping like heck that she chooses to come to UCONN.

Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Asking for a friend………how high is Ciera Toomey on our wish list?
She in the top 2 on my list, and all who had a top 3 in their wish list basket included her as well. The big question is how high is she on the Husky list and as they have offered her I guess that answers that question. The only remaining question is where does UCONN rate on CT's list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom