Aubrey's Surge | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aubrey's Surge

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Aubrey has the potential to become a great Uconn player. By the time she graduates she will make All American and her number will be hanging on the walls..... I will predict right now that Paige and Aubrey will be the face of Uconn for the next 3-4 years.

I will also step out on a limb here and say that our 2 freshman Aubrey And Anna just might be our two best players going into the tourney....

Personally, I have been screaming for Aubrey to start from the beginning. Freshman or no freshman. Defense wins ball games always.
If Aubrey and Paige will be the face of UConn for the next 3-4 years, there will be four faces altogether, another guard and a wing, at the very least.

Reaction Score
I have been following the stats since the 24th game (game after South Carolina). The second set of stats are through 31 games.

The third set of stats are of the last 7 games only. The two freshmen have made tremendous strides since. All the accolades Aubrey has been getting are justly deserved, just look at them FTA's in 7 games (36) and not to mention the 6.86 Avg of total rebounds. Not to overlook Anna, she has been the 2nd leading scorer (13.71/gm) in the last 7 games behind Megan's 20.71/gm. Just about every category has gone up in last 7 games.

Must be true when they say...."you're not a freshman anymore"

1583788667656.png

Reaction Score
Hopefully she can help control Sabrina if we see them in the Regional final. I think she has the ability to do that and if she can, it might just make the difference. Of course, the problem with Oregon is that they are really a three-headed snake. I think if we can control two of the three we will have a very good shot at winning that game. Actually, I suppose Geno might not even put her on Sabrina?
don't know who you left out, but Oregon is at least a 4-headed snake. maybe Moore, but she's pretty good.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Anyone remember our thoughts that Aubrey and Diamond have similar athletic abilities? It’s becoming more apparent.

Reaction Score
Gabby Williams upgraded !
MMMMM. She has a long way to go to match Gabby. I remember Gabby going into a forest of players six or seven inches taller and twenty to thirty pounds heavier and she came out with the ball. Virtually every game she played she was the defender on a mismatch and still managed to not only hold her own but out rebounded the opponent.

Reaction Score
Me too. Also, remember, Gabby said she was lost on the court on offense her freshman year. She did not get it until her sophomore season. Griffin will show a lot more of her skills next season, I believe. oldude has been telling the board that Griffin has an outside shot, which I saw last season. She'll bring that with her also.
Gabby went from playing guard her whole life to playing the forward/center her freshmen year too.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So many people are dissing Squeaks. I don't understand it. She played really hard this weekend and made the AAC All-Tourney team after making the AAC All-Conference team for the regular season.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
So many people are dissing Squeaks. I don't understand it. She played really hard this weekend and made the AAC All-Tourney team after making the ACC All-Conference team for the regular season.
I agree but, it's been her offense most complaints are about. I believe she will start next season without question. If she plays in the tournament like she played tonight, which is how she played in last season's tournament, UConn will be hard to beat. She is the key, imo.

Reaction Score
Starting five next year of:

Bueckers
Griffin
Edwards
ONO
Walker

??
I like this line-up .. lots of rebounding and defense [which wins championships :) .. I might put in Mir for Walker against the better teams for defensive purposes.. in any event, we'll have a gr8 bench! haha

Reaction Score
I agree but, it's been her offense most complaints are about. I believe she will start next season without question. If she plays in the tournament like she played tonight, which is how she played in last season's tournament, UConn will be hard to beat. She is the key, imo.
Liv is the key ...

Reaction Score
So many people are dissing Squeaks. I don't understand it. She played really hard this weekend and made the AAC All-Tourney team after making the AAC All-Conference team for the regular season.
If Williams plays in NCAA Tournament like she did against Cincinnati it puts Uconn at a whole different level! If the Huskies shoot 50% all Tournament long they can win it all! But Squeaks has to be that player for it to happen!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom