Aubrey Griffin to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin to UConn

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Ummm, no. Usually when a University announces their class, that's the class.

The final nail in the coffin of the 2018-2019 senior class recruiting debacle. UGH! I know we have a lot of optimist on the board, but this is 100% proof that Jones isn't coming here.

The writing has been on the wall for a long time, Horston,Jones,Boston(Bueckers and Fudd) were never coming to UConn.

I have to disagree, 100 percent. This was an announcement of the signing of a player, not the announcement of the signing of a recruiting class. And I thought it was easier to respond to the three posters (whose posts I am quoting) in one responsive post, rather than saying the same thing in three different responsive posts.

As a comparison, the Duke men signed two recruits in the fall signing period this month. The players signed their LOIs (Letters of Intent), and Duke issued a release.
Link - GoDuke.com

But Duke is a near lock to sign one of the two uncommitted centers in the 2019 class, both of whom are top five recruits - Isaiah Stewart and Vernon Carey.

The NCAA's early signing period ends on November 21, 2018. But institutions have an additional 14 days to send the commitment to the NCAA.

Remember, a school (and the coaches) cannot discuss a high school player until after she has signed a Letter of Intent. When Aubrey Griffin signed the LOI, it allowed UConn to issue a release to discussing her -- e.g., publicly commenting.

And, more importantly for the Boneyard faithful, think back to 2017. UConn issued a release on November 10, 2018, entitled:
Women's Hoops Adds Top Recruit Christyn Williams for 2018-19.

Yet five days later, on November 15, 2018, UConn issued a release entitled:
Women's Hoops Adds Olivia Nelson-Ododa for 2018-19.

The release here (re Griffin). was NOT to announce the signing of a class, but the signing of a player. The headline from www.uconnhuskies.com states:
Huskies Announce Signing of Aubrey Griffin.

In other words, this was not an announcement of a "class" but the announcement of the signing of a "player."

Remember, when UConn announces a class, it does so:

Nov. 2011 release (HS Class of 2012): Women's Basketball Signs Three Student Athletes to National Letters of Intent.
Nov. 2015 release (HS Class of 2016): Women's Hoops Inks Three in Early Signing Period.

Jones may announce her commitment to UConn tomorrow. Or she may commit to another school. But I would not read too much into the announcement of the signing of Aubrey Griffin, especially since the UConn release was about a player signing and not the signing of an entire recruiting class (and did not state that Griffin was the only recruit for the 2019 recruiting class).

The long and the short of it -- UConn fans should hold off for now on the "We are doomed!" posts. ;)

@EricLA
@ucbart

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have to disagree, 100 percent. This was an announcement of the signing of a player, not the announcement of the signing of a recruiting class. And I thought it was easier to respond to the three posters (whose posts I am quoting) in one responsive post, rather than saying the same thing in three different responsive posts.

As a comparison, the Duke men signed two recruits in the fall signing period this month. The players signed their LOIs (Letters of Intent), and Duke issued a release.
Link - GoDuke.com

But Duke is a near lock to sign one of the two uncommitted centers in the 2019 class, both of whom are top five recruits - Isaiah Stewart and Vernon Carey.

The NCAA's early signing period ends on November 21, 2018. But institutions have an additional 14 days to send the commitment to the NCAA.

Remember, a school (and the coaches) cannot discuss a high school player until after she has signed a Letter of Intent. When Aubrey Griffin signed the LOI, it allowed UConn to issue a release to discussing her -- e.g., publicly commenting.

And, more importantly for the Boneyard faithful, think back to 2017. UConn issued a release on November 10, 2018, entitled:

The release here (re Griffin). was NOT to announce the signing of a class, but the signing of a player. The headline from www.uconnhuskies.com states:

In other words, this was not an announcement of a "class" but the announcement of the signing of a "player."

Nov. 2011 release (HS Class of 2012): Women's Basketball Signs Three Student Athletes to National Letters of Intent.
Nov. 2015 release (HS Class of 2016): Women's Hoops Inks Three in Early Signing Period.

Jones may announce her commitment to UConn tomorrow. Or she may commit to another school. But I would not read too much into the announcement of the signing of Aubrey Griffin, especially since the UConn release was about a player signing and not the signing of an entire recruiting class (and did not state that Griffin was the only recruit for the 2019 recruiting class).

The long and the short of it -- UConn fans should hold off for now on the "We are doomed!" posts. ;)

@EricLA
@ucbart
Michael: Rationalizations are more important than sex

Sam: Nothing is more important than sex

Michael: Oh yeah?, have you ever gone a week without a rationalization?

:cool:

Reaction Score
Hope for the best. Prepare (yourself) for the worst.
Here's hoping. It would suck for Dorf to get this part of his prediction right when he said that without Boston there was no chance Jones would come.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Here's hoping. It would suck for Dorf to get this part of his prediction right when he said that without Boston there was no chance Jones would come.
Dorf also said that Boston was a lock for UConn. Evidently his inside information is just as accurate as my seat of the pants prediction.

Reaction Score

Link - GoDuke.com

@EricLA
@ucbart

Ok! Send me flowers tomorrow when she doesn't sign with us please.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Link - GoDuke.com

@EricLA
@ucbart
Common sense! Rational thought! Perspective!

Bannable offenses on the Boneyard!! Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Reaction Score
The writing has been on the wall for a long time, Horston,Jones,Boston(Bueckers and Fudd) were never coming to UConn.
But why then did these players all visit together and come to a game as recently as a few weeks ago if the writing has been on the wall for a long time? I'll admit I thought that was a good sign, but perhaps it means a lot less than I thought it did at the time.

Reaction Score
Then she isn’t going to Stanford Tara stated on the Stanford page last week it’s a recruiting class had 3 signed letters of intent.. comments on each of the players ... to me that is clearly an article on her signing class so based on that she isn’t going to Stanford.. also muffett was quoted in an article on the Notre Dame message board that was printed a in South Bend paper ...stated that she was done with her recruiting class - and didn’t expect anymore players in the class off 2019 and would be looking into 2020. South Carolina listed there class already .. only one I haven’t seen is Oregon but wouldn’t read into anything... but as I said all along and not trying to sound negative here.. I think she will commit to Stanford or South Carolina.. just my opinion I hope I’m wrong tomorrow ...

Reaction Score
Michael: Rationalizations are more important than sex

Sam: Nothing is more important than sex

Michael: Oh yeah?, have you ever gone a week without a rationalization?

:cool:

The Big Chill

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Per the UConn Women's Basketball FB page:

STORRS, Conn. – Head coach Geno Auriemma announced the signing of 2019 freshman guard Aubrey Griffin to the UConn women's basketball team Tuesday.

Griffin, a 6-1 wing from Ossining, N.Y., is ESPN's No. 33 overall recruit in her class and No. 6 at her position.

As a junior, Griffin averaged 28.3 points, 8.7 rebounds, 3.2 steals, 2.9 assists and 1.6 blocks at Ossining High School after missing her sophomore season to injury. Griffin was named the New York Section 1 Player of the Year and was an all-state selection. She has helped Ossining to three straight regional and section 1 championships and the 2016 New York State Championship.

Griffin was one of 18 finalists for the 2018 USA Basketball U-17 Team.

Griffin comes from an established athletic family. Her father, Adrian, played basketball at Seton Hall and in the NBA for nine seasons and is currently an assistant for the Toronto Raptors. Her mother, Audrey, ran track at Seton Hall. Griffin's older brother, Alan, is a freshman on Illinois' basketball team. She also has a younger brother, Adrian Jr., and an older sister, Vanessa.
Glad you came to UConn. I wish you a happy and productive career in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Went on Aubrey Griffen’s instagram great pics of her UCONN signing. Haley Jones, Paige and Azzi all
Follow her... ironically Jordan Horston ( who took her official weekend visit with) does not, nor Sam Brunelle or Boston... something to think about.. these teenagers are all about social media and the high school AAU , USA basketball circuit is a very small community ... something to think about here if your all into reading every tweet post etc

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
What a bunch of spoikd children!! "If I can't have the whole pie, I don't want any pie at all!!! So there, too!!!!"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What a bunch of spoikd children!! "If I can't have the whole pie, I don't want any pie at all!!! So there, too!!!!"
Wait, there's pie?

pie-ftw_o_833929.jpg

Reaction Score
SC also announced their class and then they made a 2nd announcement on Boston.
South Carolina announces their signees individually, as soon as each players signed NLI’s arrived and got processed.

I believe she chooses Stanford, and if not, I don’t rule out Oregon being a strong possibility.

Reaction Score
If it’s all soley basketball and history it’s UCONN, if it’s acedemics it’s stanford, if it’s a number 1 recruiting class and USA basketball coach it’s South Carolina , if it’s a upcoming program it’s Oregon, if it’s defending national champions it’s notre Dame.....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No. 33 recruit Aubrey Griffin officially signs with UConn women

“It was really hard for her,” Ricci said. “She really loved Louisville — the staff and everything about the place. It came down to wanting to stay closer to home where her mom could watch her play, and also dreaming of playing for the mecca of women’s basketball — UConn.”

Every once and a while it is nice to have the "close to home" mean UConn!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom