Aubrey Griffin to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin to UConn

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Nah, our trusty mods can see IP addresses, so they know if someone is trying to use multiple names. :)
I think Nan just confirmed your hypothesis. :)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Since Dorf was up for sainthood by a select few in the yard, his reported miracles have yet to come true. He needs at least two to move toward canonization. For the sake of the hagiographers here, I hope he delivers Ms Jones tomorrow. Pray for him, whoever he/she is and wherever she/he is lurking. And then if he/she delivers the next three recruits, per the prophecy, we can all pray to him/her! ;):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
No. 33 recruit Aubrey Griffin officially signs with UConn women

“It was really hard for her,” Ricci said. “She really loved Louisville — the staff and everything about the place. It came down to wanting to stay closer to home where her mom could watch her play, and also dreaming of playing for the mecca of women’s basketball — UConn.”

Every once and a while it is nice to have the "close to home" mean UConn!
Surely... but also "the mecca of women's basketball.." is also a nice title that could be the draw for players from anywhere.

Reaction Score
If it’s all soley basketball and history it’s UCONN, if it’s acedemics it’s stanford, if it’s a number 1 recruiting class and USA basketball coach it’s South Carolina , if it’s a upcoming program it’s Oregon, if it’s defending national champions it’s notre Dame.....
Well that narrows it down

Reaction Score
She could of chosen a school with better weather, scenery ( although nothing compares to Connecticut scenery), academics (again Northeastern education one of best in the country), ect.. but she chose us. And i LOOOVVVEEE that Boston or Jones aren't going to Uconn. The high school classes of 19,20,21,22,and 23 are whats going to change the womens game forever. New Jersey is stupid loaded with young talent, maybe even better than Fudd. Fudd just evolved faster as a player for her class. I think Olivia Miles will be the new No#1 and she will choose Uconn. Notre Dame is going to get a bunch of sorority girls that bonded that "one summer" and want to be with each other forever. Uconn gets game changing athletes that sacrifice everything, to be coached and pushed by the greatest in the game.

So people, loosing out on Boston, and/or Jones, is literally not even the worst thing that can happen, at all. I AM SUPER HAPPY THAT AUBREY chose us, and breathe!!.
"...or Jones"??? Says who?

Reaction Score
she probably won't get to wear those Jeans at UCONN.
@j66kicker you want to answer this or do you want me to take it.
I just went to IG & Twitter accounts for KLS, Gabby, and Mikayla and found plenty of ripped jeans pics. I'm sure you can find MW in torn jeans too. Those sites don't make it easy to copy the pics, but feel free to check it out.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
If it’s all soley basketball and history it’s UCONN, if it’s acedemics it’s stanford, if it’s a number 1 recruiting class and USA basketball coach it’s South Carolina , if it’s a upcoming program it’s Oregon, if it’s defending national champions it’s notre Dame.....
If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium! ;)

Reaction Score
I just went to IG & Twitter accounts for KLS, Gabby, and Mikayla and found plenty of ripped jeans pics. I'm sure you can find MW in torn jeans too. Those sites don't make it easy to copy the pics, but feel free to check it out.
Ok... great... but, I suspect they weren't in pictures where they were representing UCONN WBB... for example the football game where they all signed autographs... comments made here on BY about no ripped jeans on any of them.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No. 33 recruit Aubrey Griffin officially signs with UConn women

“It was really hard for her,” Ricci said. “She really loved Louisville — the staff and everything about the place. It came down to wanting to stay closer to home where her mom could watch her play, and also dreaming of playing for the mecca of women’s basketball — UConn.”

Every once and a while it is nice to have the "close to home" mean UConn!
Who knew that "close to home" meant close to the V. I. and not close to Massachusetts for Aliyah?! ;)

Reaction Score
Who knew that "close to home" meant close to the V. I. and not close to Massachusetts for Aliyah?! ;)
Well she said she prayed to help her decide, so I guess her choice of deity spoke to her, and whispered Gamecocks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dorf was a clown and somehow convinced some people on this board that he had "inside information" because he stated he overheard a group of recruits(Boston, Fudd, Bueckers, Jones, etc) talking about going to UConn. The really sad part is that some people were gullible enough to believe him!
Dorf said he was in Belarus when the U-17 team was there. That may have been true. If so, he would be an insider of some sort. His posts last week were different and a little odd, so I don't know what to make out of him. I think he may not be a troll, and possibly Aliyah surprised him and everyone else.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby wore that style to a UConn game about 10 days ago.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Welcome, Aubrey!

I've always liked her videos. She has athletic genes and overcame a serious knee injury. UConn is her dream school, and she chose UConn over Louisville even though Jeff Walz recruited her hard for multiple years. Aubrey WANTS to be at UConn and has a lot of talent. Those are very good things!

Reaction Score
VAMike and J66Kicker - Ihave four young teen granddaughters I have learned to accept ripped jeans with reasonable measures of sanguinity and aplomb. So Aubrey’s ripped jeans are no big deal with me.

What is a big deal to me are her biological genes. This this young woman has athletic/basketball genes oozing out of every pore. Her father was a three-year starter for Seton Hall. Sr year - 16.2ppg, 8.3 rebounds and 3.1 assists. He played nine years in the NBA for the Celtics, Rockets, Mavericks and Bulls. He started for the Mavericks in the 2006 NBA Finals. He is currently the top assistant coach for the Toronto Raptors.

Aubrey’s mother was an All American track star at Seton Hall specializing in the 400M, 800M and relays. Her older brother is a Freshman on the Illinois basketball team and just became a starter in their most recent game. Her younger brother averaged 12.1ppg as a high school freshman last season and already has offers from Illinois, Seton Hall and Wake Forest.

Aubrey is 6’1” and has clearly inherited an athletic body. She was a youth soccer star and didn’t play any organized basketball until she was twelve. She lost her sophomore year(and a lot of ranking momentum) to an ACL injury. So this, her Senior year, will add a full 25% to her basketball experience. I’d call her a diamond in the rough, but it appears there is nothing rough about her game already!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ayyyyy, im sooooo tired of hearing about Boston or Jones!!!!.. like wtf, we got Aubrey GriffiN people!!. I thank this young woman very much for having the guts to come to an elite program like Uconn and be coached by Geno, knowing she can virtually dominate in any other school. She could of chosen a school with better weather, scenery ( although nothing compares to Connecticut scenery), academics (again Northeastern education one of best in the country), ect.. but she chose us. And i LOOOVVVEEE that Boston or Jones aren't going to Uconn. The high school classes of 19,20,21,22,and 23 are whats going to change the womens game forever. New Jersey is stupid loaded with young talent, maybe even better than Fudd. Fudd just evolved faster as a player for her class. I think Olivia Miles will be the new No#1 and she will choose Uconn. Notre Dame is going to get a bunch of sorority girls that bonded that "one summer" and want to be with each other forever. Uconn gets game changing athletes that sacrifice everything, to be coached and pushed by the greatest in the game.

So people, loosing out on Boston, and/or Jones, is literally not even the worst thing that can happen, at all. I AM SUPER HAPPY THAT AUBREY chose us, and breathe!!.
Tony, is that you??? :p

Reaction Score
What I like about Aubrey's bloodline is that her father was a relatively late developer as a player, he was stuck on the bench at Seton Hall as a freshman and not all that productive as a soph, which is not the usual career track for someone ending up with a productive NBA career. If she's the same way, she'll be special before she leaves UCONN.

Reaction Score
What I like about Aubrey's bloodline is that her father was a relatively late developer as a player, he was stuck on the bench at Seton Hall as a freshman and not all that productive as a soph, which is not the usual career track for someone ending up with a productive NBA career. If she's the same way, she'll be special before she leaves UCONN.
Let's hope she's not the same way. We need an early bloomer and all the help we can get next season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Dorf said he was in Belarus when the U-17 team was there. That may have been true. If so, he would be an insider of some sort. His posts last week were different and a little odd, so I don't know what to make out of him. I think he may not be a troll, and possibly Aliyah surprised him and everyone else.

A term thats used in the world of spying and espionage when an operative is missing or goes off the grid is: "they go dark" Dorf has gone dark. He/she was wrong about Boston, now he/she was wrong about Jones. He/she got our hopes up, then left us hanging. :(

Reaction Score
The term that used in the "spy" business when an operative is missing is: "they go dark" Dorf has gone dark. Eh/she was wrong about Boston, now he/she was wrong about Jones. :(
Well Dorf did say without Boston there was no chance Jones would come to UConn, so that tidbit did turn out to be true.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Based on what I have read, barring injury, at the end of this season we may see that UConn may have already signed a top five recruit in Griffin. She may be thinking that so many people are talking about all that UConn did not sign instead of who they did sign. I hope that inspires her to be even more determined to raise her game to a higher level. I believe she will finish at least in the top ten of recruiting rankings for this class. Like so many people, there are those on this board who are more concerned about what UConn does not have instead of being thankful for what they do have., Just saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom