Astros/Red Sox Cheating Scandal | The Boneyard

Astros/Red Sox Cheating Scandal

Reaction Score
Yes I’m a Yankee fan but OK here goes. Hinsch and his GM suspended then fired. Lost top 4 draft picks over next 2 years which ain’t much. Beltran the Mets manager and Red Sox Cora was a MAJOR PARTICIPANT in 2017. and involved but nothing has come down yet. 2018 Red Sox WS under Cora being looked at. If he’s suspended he could then be fired. This stains the Astros win, their player stats and it remains to be seen what happens with the rest. The Red Sox World Series win won’t be overturned but may be stained big time. It can make a difference if Altuve knows a curve ball is coming or not from a guy as fast as Chapman ya think?

Reaction Score
Supposedly Cora engineered the whole thing in Houston. The question is did the Red Sox use it to help them win a WS? Cora seems like Dead Man Walking right now.

Reaction Score
Yes I’m a Yankee fan but OK here goes. Hinsch and his GM suspended then fired. Lost top 4 draft picks over next 2 years which ain’t much. Beltran the Mets manager and Red Sox Cora was a MAJOR PARTICIPANT in 2017. and involved but nothing has come down yet. 2018 Red Sox WS under Cora being looked at. If he’s suspended he could then be fired. This stains the Astros win, their player stats and it remains to be seen what happens with the rest. The Red Sox World Series win won’t be overturned but may be stained big time. It can make a difference if Altuve knows a curve ball is coming or not from a guy as fast as Chapman ya think?
Cora should be banned for life and this has nothing to do with me being a Yankees fan. Cora was the ringleader and then took it with him to Boston. He's obviously done with the Red Sox and nobody will touch him in baseball but he should be banned for good. His cheating was so egregious and the nature of the cheating created such an advantage.

Reaction Score
Using film to steal decipher signs or pitcher tendencies in not using live video to transfer info during a game. R U kidding?
No. Did you even read what Logan Morrison has to say?

Reaction Score
All major league teams were warned about the use of video but it seems the Red Sox and Astros continued after the warning. I haven’t heard that Aaron Boone is about to be fired for cheating like Hinsch and Cora.

Reaction Score
Not surprised. The Astros seemed to be mocking everyone with a secret they all knew. The players should be ashamed of themselves. They are punishing the coaches but the batters who all knew what was going on should be fined as well. Shame on that whole freekin team. Put them in their own division so they can play with themselves.

Reaction Score
All major league teams were warned about the use of video but it seems the Red Sox and Astros continued after the warning. I haven’t heard that Aaron Boone is about to be fired for cheating like Hinsch and Cora.
Oh cmon, please don’t play so naive and assume with today’s technology that none of the other 28 teams was doing anything similar. Especially an organization with the resources of the Yankees.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
Supposedly Cora engineered the whole thing in Houston. The question is did the Red Sox use it to help them win a WS? Cora seems like Dead Man Walking right now.
Look at JBJs post season stats in 2018 and that should answer your question. Cora hasn’t been suspended from his role in Houston yet because MLB is still investigating the Boston scandal and his role. As a Sox fan, John Henry’s gotta fire him regardless.

Reaction Score
Look at JBJs post season stats in 2018 and that should answer your question. Cora hasn’t been suspended from his role in Houston yet because MLB is still investigating the Boston scandal and his role. As a Sox fan, John Henry’s gotta fire him regardless.
You're talking about the streakiest hitter in that organization. He's still a professional ball player. They put things together in spurts. Gregorious was dodo before he got to New York. DJ Lamaheiu was vastly better. Luke Voit and the bunch of no names that show up and can hit. Tell me its not just a coincidence. I love it though, because they haven't done anything in years.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
You're talking about the streakiest hitter in that organization.
I won’t argue that since it can’t be proven one way or another. He can go too based on never hitting a hot streak in 2019.

Reaction Score
I am.
Logan clearly doesn't know what the problem is. If you think that tweet means anything I don't know what to tell you.

It's also Logan friggin' Morrison. The guy has been tweeting hate tweets about the Yankees and everyone else in baseball for a while now. He never stepped foot in the Red Sox, Astros, Yankees and Dodgers dugouts and has zero firsthand accounts on anything. He thinks Joey Cora was the bench coach of the Astros and the Red Sox manager.

Read about everything that's going on and you'll know this moron has no clue what's going on. The "FAKE news" thing should have tipped you off.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Color me stupid, but I don't get how video taping signs should make any difference. Isn't any reasonable major league team changing patterns, indicators and progressions every inning if not by batter? ie. First batter even number of strikes (0 or 2) is the third sign, odd strikes are the 1st sign and then the next batter change it to even or odd balls and a different progression. Too many 2 strike pitches and the catcher rolls his hand to bring the next random pattern into play. Head coach makes a random decision inning to inning or even batter to batter.

I can't believe the signs would be the same from one game to another or even inning to inning, video all you want - it shouldn't help.

So what am I missing?

Reaction Score
Logan clearly doesn't know what the problem is. If you think that tweet means anything I don't know what to tell you.

It's also Logan friggin' Morrison. The guy has been tweeting hate tweets about the Yankees and everyone else in baseball for a while now. He never stepped foot in the Red Sox, Astros, Yankees and Dodgers dugouts and has zero firsthand accounts on anything. He thinks Joey Cora was the bench coach of the Astros and the Red Sox manager.

Read about everything that's going on and you'll know this moron has no clue what's going on. The "FAKE news" thing should have tipped you off.
you must be a yankee fan. And probably a Patriot fan too.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

follow up tweet has the bang going on during that season...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

supposedly the teams had less access to the video rooms during the playoffs

Reaction Score
you must be a yankee fan. And probably a Patriot fan too.
I aready said I'm a Yankees fan and that has nothing to do with it. Strip the World Series title from the Astros and give it to the Dodgers. If Alex Cora was doing similar stuff with the Red Sox strip their World Series title and give it to the Dodgers too.

What in my response has anything to do with me being a Yankees fan and hating the Patriots?

Reaction Score
supposedly the teams had less access to the video rooms during the playoffs
The Athletic article clearly stated that MLB had control over the video rooms during the playoffs starting in 2018. So no, no video cheating in the 18 playoffs. In 17 though, the Astros were able to do what they had done all year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom