Assistant Coach Search | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Assistant Coach Search

Reaction Score
  1. 646. Nvh. Kj(;n( mm /m

Pretty sure most kids these days want the following :

• Want to know if a program and the staff can help them get to the NFL if that's their dream
  • Be on TV so their friends and family can watch them play
  • Get a good degree at a great academic school that's safe. Yes there are parents still care about college education.
  • Ability to play for Champion and bowl game although I believe top 3 above are more important

Uconn can provide top 3 above easily, and we got a coach who has a great track record of doing all that. The bowl game part will need to be fixed. The championship part won't be fixed until we join a conference.
90% of teams provide the first three bullets. But it’s the last bullet that UCONN cannot provide and are valued more than the first three.

We have to hope Coach Mora can overcome the horrendous situation UCONN is in right now. I am sure we all agree on that.

But I fault not one fan for being skeptical right now. I know I am in the “show me” group of fans.

Reaction Score
You can play for bowl games as an independent. Hell.. Liberty, New Mexico State and UMass have had bowl back-up deals...

There's no conference title.. but I don't think anyone is making a decision on a school based on whether or not they could be playing in the MAC championship on a Wednesday Night

Reaction Score
Doesn’t Fenway have a bowl tie in between the ACC and the AAC? I wonder if Fenway did that deal when we were still in the American thinking it may be us taking that slot.
I assume with the AAC being ripped apart soon that will be an open bowl. I know some people don’t want to see football at Fenway but it’s close for traveling.
At any rate carry on.

Reaction Score
Also… in a world where there is (at least) one P5 champion left out of the playoff every year, you think a 1 loss MAC or C-USA team would make it?

Yikes.

Supposedly in the 12 team playoff proposal the top ranked G5 team would receive an auto-bid. So yes a one loss G5 team could get that bid.

It will be an easier path than being independent and receiving an at large bid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They are still looking at and trying to adjust that playoff proposal. Apparently the AAC's commissioner is now anti 5+1 autobid model... when arguably they (and the MWC) would still be the biggest beneficiary

Reaction Score
Why don’t they just call it the 5 P5 league champions + ND because that’s what the 5+1 will end up being

Reaction Score
Names of interest (previous ties to Mora and followed on Twitter by newest recruit offer immediately after Mora)

Jerry Neuheisel
Demetrius Martin
Angus McClure
Taylor Mazzone
David Marsh
John Marinelli
Im hearing John Marinelli’s name.. he might end up here at UConn. Not guaranteed, but fingers crossed guys, he would be a nice get. QB coach maybe?? We’ll have to wait and see ;)

Reaction Score
That is Demetrice Martin ("Coach Meat")

Also, John Wholley looks to be getting in on some following action
Wholley, 3rd time? Seemed like he and Captain Lou did not mesh. Always liked his enthusiasm for recruiting and UConn.

Reaction Score
… Also, John Wholley looks to be getting in on some following action
Wholley, 3rd time? Seemed like he and Captain Lou did not mesh. Always liked his enthusiasm for recruiting and UConn.
Don’t forget Jon was also the LB Coach under DC Don Brown when he was @ UConn and who is also looking to put a staff/class together as well.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Playoffs? They’re just trying to win some games.
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Reaction Score

Nice background articles…

Reaction Score
I feel like I am finally waking up from the long, horrible dream. A legitimate coaching staff coming together! Can’t wait to hear what the next dominos are!! !
I agree, Mora is moving very strategically here. From what I’m hearing he wants to keep as many kids home, which in turn would also bring fans ( local kids friends and family ) to the games. Marinelli as most of you know has a great offensive mind so it’s a plus plus.

Reaction Score
I agree, Mora is moving very strategically here. From what I’m hearing he wants to keep as many kids home, which in turn would also bring fans ( local kids friends and family ) to the games. Marinelli as most of you know has a great offensive mind so it’s a plus plus.
as long as it turns into Wins too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom