As bad as we feel Herbst has to feel even worse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

As bad as we feel Herbst has to feel even worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While I totally disagree with his characteization of Herbst's short time in office, Rumrunner has every right to be provocative, as long as he stays on the civil side of "that line".

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is something even I wouldn't post. I thought Herbst did a good job of being aggressive and letting our wishes be known but not in a desperate way (see WVU).
I'm not sure you were agreeing with me or criticizing me. For clarification my reply was to the poster who made the claim that there are and have been far more incredibly absurd statements made by people on the internet than rumrunners proclamations. I was not agreeing with rumrunner.

FTR: I'm a big fan of Herbst no matter how this turns out. She has demonstrated a lot of qualities that I feel are important for leadership.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What took JC and the AD to build over three decades, Herbst presided over its decimation in fewerthan 3 months. She will be forever known as the one that dropped the ball.

Another illogical, Debbie Downer post. I'm shocked.

Debbie+Downer.jpg

F

fortebleedsblue

I'm not sure you were agreeing with me or criticizing me. For clarification my reply was to the poster who made the claim that there are and have been far more incredibly absurd statements made by people on the internet than rumrunners proclamations. I was not agreeing with rumrunner.

FTR: I'm a big fan of Herbst no matter how this turns out. She has demonstrated a lot of qualities that I feel are important for leadership.

I was agreeing with you ... I think she did the right thing given the complexities of the situation.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ball was dropped years ago.
Bingo. the ball was completely dropped 5-6 years ago when the league allowed the ACC to swoop in and take Va Tech, Miami, and BCU. they they could have been proactive right after that in going after TCU but waited till this year to do so. and the BE football schools allowed the BE commish to give equal weight to hoops and football, another huge mistake. Herbst has been trying to clean up their mess the past month.

Reaction Score
Bingo. the ball was completely dropped 5-6 years ago when the league allowed the ACC to swoop in and take Va Tech, Miami, and BCU. they they could have been proactive right after that in going after TCU but waited till this year to do so. and the BE football schools allowed the BE commish to give equal weight to hoops and football, another huge mistake. Herbst has been trying to clean up their mess the past month.

LOL. At the time of the first raid TCU wasn't worth taking into an east coast conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't care what she's done. It's been fine. What matters is what she does from here. If it's to close ranks with the rest of the Big East, she fails. If we stay in the Big east we can and will become what we were when I attended, as decent regional public school. If you're nostalgic for those days, and some are, this may be fine for you. I'd rather we become the flagship public university in the northeast, we're well on the way, if we keep pushing forward, and leave the BE behind.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how much sheer stupidity on this board has been revealed with this move.

How can anyone honestly believe all we needed to do was add more non-BCS schools to a conference with an already shaky BCS standing and we'd be better off?

People have been making this claim for years. We added the Rose Bowl champs, top 25 program in TCU. They expanded their stadium, and were without a doubt the best option of the non-BCS programs, and we still lost two of our longest standing members, and biggest brand names in football.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
LOL. At the time of the first raid TCU wasn't worth taking into an east coast conference.
perhaps you are correct. my point, tho, is, while i'm not sure what could have been done after the disaster of the ACC original raid, the fact is the football schools allowed the commissioner to treat hoops and football equally. i don't have a solution. we added L'ville and Cincy as football schools after we lost the other 3. it's just unfortunate...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
perhaps you are correct. my point, tho, is, while i'm not sure what could have been done after the disaster of the ACC original raid, the fact is the football schools allowed the commissioner to treat hoops and football equally. i don't have a solution. we added L'ville and Cincy as football schools after we lost the other 3. it's just unfortunate...

The format, half basketball, half football, was never going to last long term. If even Syracuse can say adios to playing Georgetown every year, then the reality is clear. Schools that play BCS football don't belong in conferences with those that don't.

Reaction Score

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
no she won't

did she dump Rumrunner or something? refused to go to the prom with him?

hate is not healthy RR

and I guarantee you that most people who care about this, especially the people that count the most (read boosters), do not blame her.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
THIS is the most ludicrous post you have ever read? You haven't been around here long, have you?

doesn't he know the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?

Reaction Score
What took JC and the AD to build over three decades, Herbst presided over its decimation in fewerthan 3 months. She will be forever known as the one that dropped the ball.
HUH?

Reaction Score
I don't care what she's done. It's been fine. What matters is what she does from here. If it's to close ranks with the rest of the Big East, she fails. If we stay in the Big east we can and will become what we were when I attended, as decent regional public school. If you're nostalgic for those days, and some are, this may be fine for you. I'd rather we become the flagship public university in the northeast, we're well on the way, if we keep pushing forward, and leave the BE behind.

the problem with you assertion is that we have nowhere to go. i guess you think we should leave the BE and join CUSA? is that the progress you're advocating? because that's the most desireable option available to us right now.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
OMG!

Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does anyone else think that Rumrunner is Jeff Hathaway?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
the problem with you assertion is that we have nowhere to go. i guess you think we should leave the BE and join CUSA? is that the progress you're advocating? because that's the most desireable option available to us right now.
No, not leave this instant. But if she cannot arrange an invite to the ACC or the Big Ten, then I'll give her a failing grade for results, if not for her effort. If she has staying in a reconstituted BE as option #1 right now (and I don't think she does) then that would be a problem.

Reaction Score
It was really said in half-jest, but it does point out the incredible pressure she is under. I have no complaints about her handling of this issue since saturday.

My gut from her statements, and lack of statements, that she has made or caused to be made, sound twirl around positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom