As bad as we feel Herbst has to feel even worse | Page 3 | The Boneyard

As bad as we feel Herbst has to feel even worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We haven't heard from the ACC and we haven't heard from UConn. I reserve my right to panic until either of those things happen.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Does anyone else think that Rumrunner is Jeff Hathaway?
Not enough JC venom, otherwise I suspected it.

Reaction Score
enough with these facts getting in the way of really good arguments.
The argument was TCU should have been brought in in 2003. BL was argubaly wrong about them not being worthy then, but according to wiscy they declined an invitation anyway. So the facts are we couldn't bring in TCU in 2003 even though we wanted to. And when we did bring them in, it didn't matter anway because Pitt/Quse left.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You give it a rest. Herbst is a sacred cow and can't be crticized? Why's that?

I've seen you take a few shots at her now. What, exactly, is your criticism of her? I am genuinely curious, because you clearly have a problem with her, but I have yet to see you say what that problem is.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've seen you take a few shots at her now. What, exactly, is your criticism of her? I am genuinely curious, because you clearly have a problem with her, but I have yet to see you say what that problem is.

The post wasn't a shot a Herbst. And my "shots" aren't at her per se, but overwhelming number of laudatory posts she gets here in the absence of any accomplishments. So far, all she has done is run a few guys out of Storrs and talk a good game. Big deal. Everyone loved Hogan when he came to town. He talked a good game too.

But I will say I think her AD hire was less than impressive. The guy was clueless about conference realignment.

Reaction Score
But I will say I think her AD hire was less than impressive. The guy was clueless about conference realignment.

The AD's aren't having the conference alignment discussions. The president's offices and commissioners are.

I agree that she hasn't yet earned a lot of the praise, but she's done nothing to receive the harsh treatment from rumrunner. He isn't saying that she gets and "incomplete", he said she is responsible for allowing everything built to crumble, and keeps beating that drum.

Do you really think that's fair criticism?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
IIRC Waquoit was upset to see JH pushed out.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You give it a rest. Herbst is a sacred cow and can't be crticized? Why's that?

You are too smart to have arrived at that conclusion based on not only this thread but many others in which rumrunners has posted.

Reaction Score
That's a strong personal insult. Explain.
I edited it, I shouldn't have called you a coward.

You went after Nan for telling a poster to ease up on the non-stop and unfounded criticism.

In defending this action you blamed it on your displeasure with the posters who endlessly praise her for, admittedly, little to no reason.

But instead of going after them, you went after Nan, and when called on it, you offered up a rhetorical question rather than an explanation for your actions. I believe you knew you were wrong, and instead dodged the question by arguing semantics, instead of the important point. You know Nan is a mod, you know she is extremely generous in what she allows, and you know that she is well within her rights to tell someone to lighten up a little bit.

So the explanation is that I believe you dodged a real response because you knew you were wrong, which is cowardly in my opinion. I should have said nice dodge, and left the name-calling out.

Reaction Score
Oh no, the sky is falling!

Calm the **** down. We're a "public Ivy" school. Some good conference will end up taking us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom