As bad as we feel Herbst has to feel even worse | The Boneyard

As bad as we feel Herbst has to feel even worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What took JC and the AD to build over three decades, Herbst presided over its decimation in fewerthan 3 months. She will be forever known as the one that dropped the ball.

Reaction Score
ChipperJones.gif

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
What took JC and the AD to build over three decades, Herbst presided over its decimation in fewerthan 3 months. She will be forever known as the one that dropped the ball.

Maybe in your head, but not in many other peoples mind.

Reaction Score
If I were Herbst I'd still be on a bender from last night. Talk about getting off on the wrong foot.

Reaction Score

On the contrary, she will never be known as that. She has been more pro-active than any president we have had. She has shown she is not afraid to move forward with her agenda by changing three top administrators at the university already. Her leadership thus far has been strong, quick and by comparison, unparalleled! Additionally, this situation is far from over, so how can you be assessing it already? Between this and some of your other posts, it sounds to me like you have some sort of personal dislike for the woman. Some maturity in your posts would be welcomed!

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Dropped the ball??? Seriously???

Reaction Score
Wow what is wrong with you man !!! Blaming Susan Herbst for this mess !!! Are you on a personal vendetta ?

Reaction Score
This is the most ludicrous post I have ever read. Blame the person on the job for a few months, who was sworn in as President on the day news leaked that Pitt and Cuse were leaving? The ACC added Pitt and Cuse out of weakness as they knew their football schools FSU, Clemson, VT, and possibly NC St would consider moving to the SEC if there was interest. The Big 10 would be interested in schools like UNC, VA, Maryland, and Duke. If they lost 2 or 3 of them, the ACC was done as a conference.

By the way, what conference invite did Herbst turn down? Didn't she fire Hathaway? And, didn't she do it before she was "officially" president? Do you think she saw that Hathaway was a solid administrator with no vision?

I guess the US should have given up when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor? Not a chance! Now is the time to fight and I am very happy we have Susan Herbst leading us as she is a feisty and tough leader!

Reaction Score
You guys are right. Herbst has done a marvelous job. She completely out maneuvered Pitt and Syracuse. Those two schools must be so envious of us right now.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You guys are right. Herbst has done a marvelous job. She completely out maneuvered Pitt and Syracuse. Those two schools must be so envious of us right now.

Give it a rest already.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Gee, while you're at it, you might as well blame JC for not having his good buddy JB tipping him off the 411 of what was going down.

Reaction Score
This is the most ludicrous post I have ever read. Blame the person on the job for a few months, who was sworn in as President on the day news leaked that Pitt and Cuse were leaving? The ACC added Pitt and Cuse out of weakness as they knew their football schools FSU, Clemson, VT, and possibly NC St would consider moving to the SEC if there was interest. The Big 10 would be interested in schools like UNC, VA, Maryland, and Duke. If they lost 2 or 3 of them, the ACC was done as a conference.

By the way, what conference invite did Herbst turn down? Didn't she fire Hathaway? And, didn't she do it before she was "officially" president? Do you think she saw that Hathaway was a solid administrator with no vision?

I guess the US should have given up when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor? Not a chance! Now is the time to fight and I am very happy we have Susan Herbst leading us as she is a feisty and tough leader!

THIS is the most ludicrous post you have ever read? You haven't been around here long, have you?

Reaction Score
This is the most ludicrous post I have ever read.

Are you new here? ;)

Honestly, a pretty amazingly stupid post, but there's a lot of competition in that department. It's the Internet, after all.

Reaction Score
Rum, let me know when your next gig is, be it at the Laugh Shack, Catch a Rising Star, or Dangerfields because you are a funny cat.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am starting to think that Rumrunner is actually Jeff Hathaway!:)
I was going to post the same thing! And as funny as we are intending this, who knows. Could very well be Jeff or friend of Jeffs.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Are you new here? ;)

Honestly, a pretty amazingly stupid post, but there's a lot of competition in that department. It's the Internet, after all.
Truer words were never spoken!:)

F

fortebleedsblue

Truer words were never spoken!:)

This is something even I wouldn't post. I thought Herbst did a good job of being aggressive and letting our wishes be known but not in a desperate way (see WVU).

Reaction Score

Wasn't it the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbor?

Reaction Score
It does beg the question -- and believe me, in no way do I believe this situation we find ourselves is Herbst's fault.

If UConn does come out of this as a member of a lesser conference and begins to lose its athletic standing - and the inevitable drops in attendance/relevancy - how much can/will it cripple her presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom