Arizona is loaded | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Arizona is loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They have to be out for Briscoe now with Justin Simon and Trier being in the fold. I've heard Briscoe wants to stay local, that leaves Seton Hall, SJU, Rutgers and us.

He's not coming to UConn.

I'd put money on Louisville there.

Reaction Score
He's not coming to UConn.

I'd put money on Louisville there.
I agree he isn't coming here, my guess is Seton Hall or Louisville, Ville is heavily involved with Briscoe and Mitchell.

Reaction Score
Tough talking smack??? We have 4 titles, they have 1. We win. One of my best friends is a diehard AZ fan and is one of the biggest smack talkers I know. However, the 4/1 argument always stops him in his tracks.

Well of course the obvious one, but that usually ends the convo lol and that's no fun

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Not a statement on Miller, but I do think we as UConn fans are blinkered on this. We think of winning championships, even multiple championships, as something the really good teams do.
They don't. Some great coaches never win it all. Hall of Famers coach for 40 years and if they luck one out they're considered legends.
We're in ridiculous rarified air.

Reaction Score
Not a statement on Miller, but I do think we as UConn fans are blinkered on this. We think of winning championships, even multiple championships, as something the really good teams do.
They don't. Some great coaches never win it all. Hall of Famers coach for 40 years and if they luck one out they're considered legends.
We're in ridiculous rarified air.

We are way spoiled and don't realize the luck you need in winning national championships. Kansas has James Naismith and we have more ships than them. We are acting like 2-3 ships is a foregone conclusion for a promising young coach. .......

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Well of course the obvious one, but that usually ends the convo lol and that's no fun
It really doesn't because arizona fans are delusional and think they re on the same level as uconn. We've been having this discussion for years and no matter how much we win they still think it's 1997.

Reaction Score
People said the exact same about JC. It was BS then and it's BS now.
Calhoun never recruited at that level. People did say he couldn't win the big one. Except, in a one game situation, in a big spot, he may have been the best strategist as a college coach ever. The big to big double on Duke and Elton Brand was classic. He kept rotating bigs on him. First it was KFree and Jake, then Edmund, then Souleman.

I'm very high on Miller. He was one of the guys on my secret wish list as Calhoun succesors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom