OT: - Are you older than dirt? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Are you older than dirt?

Reaction Score
I didn't know butch wax... Was that for those pompador hair styles or was that what the surfers used to put on their boards? I wasn't into either.
Butch wax for "butch" or "crew" cuts (not quite as short as what we now call a "buzz" cut.

Reaction Score
18 of 20 so I guess I'm old as dirt. Thought I would get a perfect score but alas . . .

So what is Butch Wax anyway?!

Reaction Score
Hey, #14 shouldn't count! There are still drive-in theaters in operation, notably the Wellfleet (Cape Cod) Drive-In, which still shows movies during the summer.

Thankfully I'm not quite as old as dirt yet... :)

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Size wise, that is to a PC what ENIAC was to a VAX (RIP Gordon Bell). (Take that whippersnappers!)
Do you still have one of those long needles used to move decks of punch cards?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I remember going to the Star theater on Park Street in Hartford and seeing a double feature with a cartoon and news reel before the first movie. My sister, brother and I could go to the movies for under a dollar.
Same for the Lenox Theater on Albany Ave. and yo yo competitions before the movies.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I remember going to the Star theater on Park Street in Hartford and seeing a double feature with a cartoon and news reel before the first movie. My sister, brother and I could go to the movies for under a dollar.
I went to the Strand theater, across from G. Fox

Reaction Score
I don't remember BlackJack gum. Was Butch Wax in an orange tin? If so, I might have one floating around somewhere. For the old NJ people, was there a Service Merchandising store in or near Montvale NJ? One of everything was on display. If you wanted to buy it, you filled out a form and gave it to a worker who went in back and got it for you. Now in high crime areas this is making a comeback. History repeating... Sadly, I remember everything else.

Remember the Outer Limits? We control the vertical! Ha, ask a kid what the vertical is.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
On this site, I have to mention: Girl's Half Court Basketball: 3 players from each team on both sides of the court. No one could cross the half court line........This stopped in 1971.

Reaction Score
Gee our old LaSalle ran great. Those were the days. (I'm not that old.) By the way you guys got the "Teaberry Shuffle" running through my head. Thanks.

Remember the Soupy Shuffle? Office Joe Bolton and the 3 Stooges? Dark Shadows?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom