Arby's | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Arby's

Reaction Score
So the chicken pepperoni was why I wanted to go but when I got there the siren song of brisket took over, I just can't pull the trigger on chicken at Arby's when their meatcraft excellence is staring me in the face. they have a limited edition of a bourbon brisket with bacon that caught my eye. Plus my wife orders chicken so I though I could have a win/win and get my brisket and get her to order the chicken pepperoni. Alas she saw right through my ploy and ordered the chicken bacon Swiss deal.

So as I await my order in anticipation I go to the sauce stations to pump out some horsey sauce.
It's not that busy , but the sauce bar is filthy with sauce everywhere, and there is no cups for my horsey or spicy 3 pepper sauce ( I refuse to pump ketchup for my wife , if she wants to destroy her curly fries I won't enable her)

So then our food is ready and I get this:
( sorry for terrible pic quality I broke camera lens on phone last week)

Now that picture doesn't even do justice to the abomination they served. That pathetic little pile of congealed cheese covered dry old brisket is like a centimeter high and doesn't even take up a 3rd of the bun. I felt like Michael Douglas getting a whammy burger in the movie falling down. They are lucky I didn't have a bag of guns. I took it back and asked for a manager and proceeded to air him out for 5 minutes. He tried explaining that their sandwiches are " pre portioned" and did not know what he just signed up for with me, because I proceeded to enlighten him that I am the number 1 Arby's customer in the country and I then ( and this was such a win of epic proportions that I'm getting a halfy just reliving it here) I whipped out my phone and pulled up a picture of a Michigan Arby's brisket.( yes I save pictures of my arbys exploits on my phone, don't judge me) He was dumbfounded . I told him he should be ashamed of himself. I got a new sandwich and me and my wife's dinner refunded. The new sandwich still wasn't up to Arby's lofty standards, but I ate it and was on my way. My work was done.

A final thought about the privileged libs in the northeast.

At least the dupes in the Midwest and south take pride in their work, and serving food properly even if it's fast food. That Arby's was not busy last night and it was filthy, the food old and prepared with absolutely zero pride.
In Michigan if you go to Arby's at lunch and dinner every table is full and the place is still spotless. I wouldn't have any compunction about licking the condiment bar counter there if someone dared me.

CT is terrible in this manner.

What? An Arby's put out a disgusting sandwich made with garbage ingredients? Why, I never!

Reaction Score
Auggie you would make a great yelper. You have the story-telling, the wit, and just enough underlying sense of superiority

I'd read every one of your reviews.

You should've sparked up a smoke two steps before crossing the threshold on your way out

1280x720-es8.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What? An Arby's put out a disgusting sandwich made with garbage ingredients? Why, I never!

I can see why people CT think I'm nuts or trolling when I sing it's praises. It sucks in CT.

It's life changing elsewhere

Reaction Score
So the chicken pepperoni was why I wanted to go but when I got there the siren song of brisket took over, I just can't pull the trigger on chicken at Arby's when their meatcraft excellence is staring me in the face. they have a limited edition of a bourbon brisket with bacon that caught my eye. Plus my wife orders chicken so I though I could have a win/win and get my brisket and get her to order the chicken pepperoni. Alas she saw right through my ploy and ordered the chicken bacon Swiss deal.

So as I await my order in anticipation I go to the sauce stations to pump out some horsey sauce.
It's not that busy , but the sauce bar is filthy with sauce everywhere, and there is no cups for my horsey or spicy 3 pepper sauce ( I refuse to pump ketchup for my wife , if she wants to destroy her curly fries I won't enable her)

So then our food is ready and I get this:
( sorry for terrible pic quality I broke camera lens on phone last week)

Now that picture doesn't even do justice to the abomination they served. That pathetic little pile of congealed cheese covered dry old brisket is like a centimeter high and doesn't even take up a 3rd of the bun. I felt like Michael Douglas getting a whammy burger in the movie falling down. They are lucky I didn't have a bag of guns. I took it back and asked for a manager and proceeded to air him out for 5 minutes. He tried explaining that their sandwiches are " pre portioned" and did not know what he just signed up for with me, because I proceeded to enlighten him that I am the number 1 Arby's customer in the country and I then ( and this was such a win of epic proportions that I'm getting a halfy just reliving it here) I whipped out my phone and pulled up a picture of a Michigan Arby's brisket.( yes I save pictures of my arbys exploits on my phone, don't judge me) He was dumbfounded . I told him he should be ashamed of himself. I got a new sandwich and me and my wife's dinner refunded. The new sandwich still wasn't up to Arby's lofty standards, but I ate it and was on my way. My work was done.

A final thought about the privileged libs in the northeast.

At least the dupes in the Midwest and south take pride in their work, and serving food properly even if it's fast food. That Arby's was not busy last night and it was filthy, the food old and prepared with absolutely zero pride.
In Michigan if you go to Arby's at lunch and dinner every table is full and the place is still spotless. I wouldn't have any compunction about licking the condiment bar counter there if someone dared me.

CT is terrible in this manner.

The one in Southington is filthy too.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The one in Southington is filthy too.
I don't think it's as bad as the one on the Berlin Turnpike. I'm a big Arby's fan and don't have an issue with the Southington one

Reaction Score
I don't think it's as bad as the one on the Berlin Turnpike. I'm a big Arby's fan and don't have an issue with the Southington one
Maybe I've caught them at bad times . The floors are always sticky and there's fine layer of grime all over everything.

Reaction Score
Maybe I've caught them at bad times . The floors are always sticky and there's fine layer of grime all over everything.

Nope. That's the Arby's experience. A second rate fast food franchise that takes people who get rejected by McDonalds.

August_West

Reaction Score
Nope. That's the Arby's experience. A second rate fast food franchise that takes people who get rejected by McDonalds.
You have better game than this. Don't disappoint me.

Reaction Score

one caveat I should have mentioned - the Southington branch did recently remodel. When I visited them it was the old building and it was very long in the tooth. Maybe it was beyond being able to be clean by that point, so perhaps it's now better as far as the atmosphere goes.

Edit: One important note on that area of Southington for the soft drink connoisseurs among us: the small retro-style McD's across the street has Fanta Strawberry soda on tap. I go to that branch when I'm in the area just for this.

Reaction Score
what did you get?

I pulled in solely to try the Parm. Wasn't hungry, but I owed it to the Cesspool. Not bad, but eminently skippable. It is like a DD sandwich. Arby's doesn't do chicken like Chick Filet.

Stick with the beef and pork.

Reaction Score
what the hell is wrong with your rearview mirror? Looks like an inch thick cake of mud on it.

It is pointed toward the black-top pavement because I was getting glare and did not have sun glasses. That is the reflection you see. I actually just had a car wash . . . .

August_West

Reaction Score
I pulled in solely to try the Parm. Wasn't hungry, but I owed it to the Cesspool. Not bad, but eminently skippable. It is like a DD sandwich. Arby's doesn't do chicken like Chick Filet.

that was my gut and why I didnt order the other night.

August_West

Reaction Score
Ok I will focus on the new BK buffalo chicken.

I get the Buffalo chicken slider as a side amuse bouche to my meat

#proArbysmove

Reaction Score

Pepperoni doesn't belong on chicken parm. Not sure who let that one through

August_West

Reaction Score
Pepperoni doesn't belong on chicken parm. Not sure who let that one through

My wife's baked chicken pepperoni is delicious probably the best thing she makes no tomato sauce though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom