April Transfer thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Wonder if she might be following coach Johnnie Harris?
Speaking of Celeste Taylor.

That will be interesting. Taylor was tight with former coach Karen Aston. I saw a short feature on she/her dad during a game and it mentioned that Celeste -- who is close to her family -- was separated for long periods of time during the pandemic.
If that's true, I don't see her heading to Auburn to join a team that has a boatload of work to do.

My gut is she lands somewhere closer to Long Island...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NC State is adding two from the transfer portal.

Diamond Johnson from Rutgers.

Madison Hayes from Mississippi State.

200.gif

say what????

Reaction Score
NC State is adding two from the transfer portal.

Diamond Johnson from Rutgers.

Madison Hayes from Mississippi State.
Are any of your seniors coming back?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Are any of your seniors coming back?
We are awaiting an official announcement, but it is strongly believed that both Kayla Jones and Kai Crutchfield will return for a fifth season. Kayla Jones, as you know, was injured in our opening round NCAAT game against NC A&T and we really missed her leadership and physicality against Indiana.

PG Raina Perez has already announced she is coming back.

So...the core top 8 players from this season for NC State will all return next year.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

Cori seems to be attracting a swarm of guards and wings but where are the bigs? a 5'10 "wing" sounds more like a stretch-3 than a stretch-4 if you ask me...

Reaction Score
Cori seems to be attracting a swarm of guards and wings but where are the bigs? a 5'10 "wing" sounds more like a stretch-3 than a stretch-4 if you ask me...
She won't be stretching many defenses shooting 22% from three:D

Their post from Australia looks to be pretty good. Bessoir also has some potential, but she's more of a stretch 4. I think Anstey is a true post presence at 6-3. They're still going to be thin in that area losing Miller and Onyenwere.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Should have stayed at GT

I wonder if Dixon's exit is imminent. Yeah.... I was thinking she and Dixon should have stayed. That would have helped with Tech's offensive inconsistency the past few years.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
IIRC, Both Dixon and Balogun committed to Louisville very quickly after they went into the portal. Barely had time to research the other universities.
A lot of the folks that enter the portal already have a 'preferred' location in mind - friend, second recruiting choice, hometown, former coach, whatever. They aren't allowed to communicate with other coaches until they enter, but as soon as contact is made it is a done deal.

Reaction Score
A lot of the folks that enter the portal already have a 'preferred' location in mind - friend, second recruiting choice, hometown, former coach, whatever. They aren't allowed to communicate with other coaches until they enter, but as soon as contact is made it is a done deal.
Probably true. Engstler decided on Louisville very quickly this offseason. Some coaches are really good using the portal system. Chloe Bibby committed to Maryland fairly quickly after leaving Mississippi State. So it happens.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
IIRC, Both Dixon and Balogun committed to Louisville very quickly after they went into the portal. Barely had time to research the other universities.

You remember very correctly. It was almost like whiplash. And they also both got waivers to play immediately.
For all the promise they showed at GT (MaChelle Joselph's last year), they seemed to be taking steps backwards in terms of individual and/or collective impact on the team. I don't remember seeing Dixon behind the four guards Louisville trotted out to combat Stanford (that was Olivia Cochran). And Balogun was not among those four guards.

6'1" Payton Verhulst, another tall guard, is coming to Louisville next year. And once Walz greeted 6'1" Emily Engstler, Balogun read the tea leaves.

Whenever I read these transactions and developments, I just put on Elvis Costello's "This Year's Model." That's the way Walz runs his team now -- year to year. He'll recruit/transfer over whatever and whomever.

Looking at the players, If Balogun and Dixon want to tag team again, I put a call into Tina Thompson at UVA pronto. If I was Dixon and wanted to go home to Memphis, the new coach with the Tigers in Katrina Merriweather and I'm sure she'd be interested in hearing from her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger