April Transfer thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, I am bemused by two discreet aspects of your post:
1. You're SC fan so, I too would be very happy if I was a Gamecock fan and saw my once arch-rival signing this type of player
2. If she was so highly touted, why choose Tulane and Lisa Stockton who since joining the AAC has yet to have a relevant win in 7+years??? It's not like she's an up and coming coach and has done more with less.

But my rhetoric aside, sure, getting the AAC Freshman of the year will help fill the bodies that are required to play the game and maybe she will be a star on a bottom 3rd SEC team that will not be qualifying for the NCAAT.

Whether I like it or not is sort of besides the point.

But I'd rather have drama in the season than a parade of blowouts. Also, more depth in the league is probably to SC's favor in the conference race and in seeding.

I don't know why she chose Tulane, but she's from Louisiana so maybe it had something to do with staying close to home.

Reaction Score
The portal is never ending lmao

Texas has a great class coming in but a lot of production and experience to replace

That's a hard one to figure but I guess Vic can't be for everyone?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Isn't Celeste a New York kid? Maybe she wants to play closer to home? Though to be honest not too many quality D1 programs up here. Despite Rutgers with CVS, I don't see her going to RU.

Reaction Score
My cynical side wonders if he’s making room to take a transfer from his former program.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Watch for SMU and Toyelle Wilson regarding Celeste Taylor, Jordyn Oliver, etc.

I hear at least 2 more are leaving Texas.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If this is the sign of the type of player that NPM thinks will keep MSU nationally relevant, than the AD should be finding the clause in the contract to escape from the further decimation of this once highly touted (albeit briefly) program. To me, Johnny Harris was and still is the obvious hire...
So NMP signs a former ESPN #45 player who had an outstanding freshman year and that is a reason why she should be fired. Let's look back at some of the players signed by Coach Schaefer in his last 3 years and where they were ranked by ESPN when they signed in the fall:
Daphane White #48
Jessica Carter #49
Xaria Wiggins #54
Esmery Martinez #49
Aliyah Matharu #66
JaMya Mingo-Young #70
Jayla Hemmingway #88
DeYona Gaston #95

Of course Rickea and Madison were higher than #45, and Matharu end up in the upper 20's, but my point is that signing a player who was ranked #45 and had a stellar freshman season is one of the better signings in recent years. How it will work out is yet to be seen, but making a criticism based on the signing is rather absurd.

Reaction Score
That's a hard one to figure but I guess Vic can't be for everyone?
I think Vic is a great coach but also think playing for him would be a lot like playing for Bobby Knight at Indiana a few decades ago. As he has already shown, he is going to get higher level recruits at Texas than he got in Starkville. Are those players going to buy into Vic's coaching style? I have my doubts about that but time will tell.

Reaction Score
So NMP signs a former ESPN #45 player who had an outstanding freshman year and that is a reason why she should be fired. Let's look back at some of the players signed by Coach Schaefer in his last 3 years and where they were ranked by ESPN when they signed in the fall:
Daphane White #48
Jessica Carter #49
Xaria Wiggins #54
Esmery Martinez #49
Aliyah Matharu #66
JaMya Mingo-Young #70
Jayla Hemmingway #88
DeYona Gaston #95

Of course Rickea and Madison were higher than #45, and Matharu end up in the upper 20's, but my point is that signing a player who was ranked #45 and had a stellar freshman season is one of the better signings in recent years. How it will work out is yet to be seen, but making a criticism based on the signing is rather absurd.
NMP should be fired for the lack of coaching and compatible she demonstrated this season with the MSST team! Those player you list all progressed under coach Schafer and MSST made the tournament with those players. This year under NMP the players did not progress and the team did not make the tournament and certainly the future does not look bright. MSST has made some bad coaching hires in the past but IMO NMP is the worst ever.

Reaction Score
Volnation is saying Salary didn’t leave on her own accord

Reaction Score
Wow. The transfer thread goes monthly! Now you know the transfer thread is crazy. Anyway, I have to think that lots of different mindsets are in the portal. There are probably some that are just seeing what's out there and may end up staying where they are. With the extra year, some may just be wanting to get a headstart on grad school and get it paid for.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
As it stands now, Mississippi State has the 12th best roster in the SEC above only LSU and Vanderbilt. And that is because McCray has stacked our team up with mop ups.

Reaction Score
Hearing Autumn Newby from Vandy may be transferring to LSU, not that it helps much but its a body.

Reaction Score
Re: Hall to Louisville: the Cards can't replace Dana Evans with one player--unless there's an All-American guard in the portal. An experienced ball handler like Hall is a good pickup. Louisville was among her considered schools coming out of HS. Reminds me a bit of Benzan to MD. That seems to have turned out really well.

I could see Engstler as an indicator that Balogun has made a choice. Engstler plays Balogun's position. And Balogun's minutes and production were down this year versus last.

By contrast, Dixon's minutes and production were up this year versus last. Louisville needs Dixon (unless they bring on another post).
Hailey Van-Lith will shoot til her arms fall off next season. It was Evans turn this year; with a year under her belt I think she’s the go to next year.

Reaction Score
As it stands now, Mississippi State has the 12th best roster in the SEC above only LSU and Vanderbilt. And that is because McCray has stacked our team up with mop ups.

Taylor, Carter, and Jackson are a stronger first three than half of the league at least, but I guess you have to have a few more players.

Reaction Score
Miss St doesn’t have a talent issue. That was the furthest issue for them last year.

LSU has a talent issue. How many top players do you think we have? We had pointer and young. Young just bolted

Last edited:

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Miss St doesn’t have a talent issue. That was the furthest issue for them last year.

LSU has a talent issue. How many top players do you think we have? We had pointer and young. Young just bolted
I'm saying after all the talent just left, we NOW have the 12th best roster in the SEC.

Of course we didn't have a talent issue. We have a leadership/coaching issue.

Reaction Score
Hearing Autumn Newby from Vandy may be transferring to LSU, not that it helps much but its a body.

She is defense first and barely any offense. Is Pointer coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom