April recruiting thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

April recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yes, but I'm far more concerned with SC than Wake Forest or West Virginia.
So you thought SC might not offer?

This kid is 2026! More offers from elite teams are coming.

Reaction Score
Prechtel is 6-5 and never could/can move, handle the ball, or pass like this kid. Prechtel was/is a post who can shoot stand still 3s. McGaughy is a pure wing with post up capabilities. Like a Haley Jones that can shoot.
I think you’re describing Stanford Prechdel. My memory of highlights I saw from her in hs looked more like this kid. Of course, it’s been several years since I saw those, and I never saw any full game tapes. But this highlight video rang a bell for me.

Reaction Score
Fournier is the one i want . She will be the best player/athlete in the college game by her senior season imo.
She has a lot of very good qualities but she MUST improve her shooting.

Reaction Score
I think there are certain things you can put in the bank with Fournier. She will be a good rebounder/defender with almost complete certainty, and also can clearly handle the ball better than most bigs. As you point out, however, shooting is not good, and unlike some I don't expect a weak FT shooter to ever be a good shooter.

Improve some? Sure, but players don't usually make quantum leaps in their pure shooting ability. She can still score at a decent level around the hoop and in transition, but being a top go to scorer is probably expecting too much. If she was that, or had that potential, she would probably be the consensus #1 pick in the 2024 class.

I don't know of the PF candidates who I would want most. Strong vs. Fournier is a toss up for me, but I like both of them better than Carlton, and would be happy with either, and I still would like a C, either Koval or Tac.

Reaction Score
She has 4 years to do that . She can get her shot off around the rim right now over anyone at her level and in the college game imo. The way she leaps around the rim is exciting and she can finish with contact. Definitely underrated the USA vs World game showed me a new pov of her as a future talent. She has the tools and if she chooses the right program will develop into a monster at the 4 or 5 .

Reaction Score
Koval, Fournier, Carlton, Knox

Click to enlarge:

Fua6AaoWAAEYUll
I’d be interested to know which schools are recruiting Leah Macy. I imagine that many P5 schools are pursuing her. She was the leading scorer in the Boo Williams Nike tournament, averaging 20.8 points per game. She also was the #3 rebounder, averaging 8.8 rpg.

Koval was the #5 scorer, averaging 17.0 points per game.

Reaction Score
I’d be interested to know which schools are recruiting Leah Macy. I imagine that many P5 schools are pursuing her. She was the leading scorer in the Boo Williams Nike tournament, averaging 20.8 points per game. She also was the #3 rebounder, averaging 8.8 rpg.

Koval was the #5 scorer, averaging 17.0 points per game.

Reaction Score
Dawn/South Carolina’s offered both Jazzy Davidson and Brihanna Crittendon.

Wonder if Geno will be offering more underclassmen or if it stops with “Big O”.

Reaction Score
I would take her in a heart beat! She reminds me of Steward. She plays so aggressive.

Reaction Score
Dawn/South Carolina’s offered both Jazzy Davidson and Brihanna Crittendon.

Wonder if Geno will be offering more underclassmen or if it stops with “Big O”.
No one knows for sure how many underclassmen he has offered in the past unless the kid made it public. One recent that we know of was Ice Brady as a sophomore. Kelis Fisher is another sophomore. If he thinks the kid is good enough he’ll offer them.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think there are certain things you can put in the bank with Fournier. She will be a good rebounder/defender with almost complete certainty, and also can clearly handle the ball better than most bigs. As you point out, however, shooting is not good, and unlike some I don't expect a weak FT shooter to ever be a good shooter.

Improve some? Sure, but players don't usually make quantum leaps in their pure shooting ability. She can still score at a decent level around the hoop and in transition, but being a top go to scorer is probably expecting too much. If she was that, or had that potential, she would probably be the consensus #1 pick in the 2024 class.

I don't know of the PF candidates who I would want most. Strong vs. Fournier is a toss up for me, but I like both of them better than Carlton, and would be happy with either, and I still would like a C, either Koval or Tac.
Moriah Jefferson did and so did Faris. (sp)

Reaction Score
She has 4 years to do that . She can get her shot off around the rim right now over anyone at her level and in the college game imo. The way she leaps around the rim is exciting and she can finish with contact. Definitely underrated the USA vs World game showed me a new pov of her as a future talent. She has the tools and if she chooses the right program will develop into a monster at the 4 or 5 .

She may never be a 40% 3pt shooter but being a 75% ft shooter is just a matter of doing the work.

I became a huge fan in the US v World game. And I read a good article about her family's uber competitive nature and her playing a lot against boys growing up. There's a toughness in the way she plays.

Reaction Score
Fournier is the one i want . She will be the best player/athlete in the college game by her senior season imo.
I too like her, but I still think Strong is a bigger need for us at this time. Too bad we can’t have both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom