AP Top 25 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25

Reaction Score
Well we don't deserve to be top 25 getting smoked by a mediocre OU team. I don't quite understand a few of those rankings though.

Reaction Score
Most Overrated: Texas A&M. Lost their only meaningful game by 22 (unless you still believe that beating Duke is relevant), and still a one-woman show.

Most Underrated: Baylor. The Indiana win looks good, and losing to SC while being minus Cox isn't so bad. Baylor-minus-Cox might legitimately be #6, but Baylor-and-Cox should be 2-3 notches higher.

Reaction Score
Most Overrated: Texas A&M. Lost their only meaningful game by 22 (unless you still believe that beating Duke is relevant), and still a one-woman show.

Most Underrated: Baylor. The Indiana win looks good, and losing to SC while being minus Cox isn't so bad. Baylor-minus-Cox might legitimately be #6, but Baylor-and-Cox should be 2-3 notches higher.
I agree! I know that Baylor is ranked 1 spot ahead of Louisville and by 1 point but Louisville has a bad loss and they have struggled in all of their wins except the win over Oregon

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Clearly Baylor is a completely different team depending on whether Cox is on the court. Last year's NCAA final should be proof enough, where Baylor went from firmly in control with a double-digit lead over ND to losing the lead in all of about 3 minutes after Cox got injured.

Reaction Score
Clearly Baylor is a completely different team depending on whether Cox is on the court. Last year's NCAA final should be proof enough, where Baylor went from firmly in control with a double-digit lead over ND to losing the lead in all of about 3 minutes after Cox got injured.
Yep! Baylor’s offense runs through Lauren cox! Plus she makes everyone around her better!!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
4 Big Ten teams in the top 25, plus another 3 in receiving votes category.

Reaction Score
Yep! Baylor’s offense runs through Lauren cox! Plus she makes everyone around her better!!

However, it does seem like Bickle is trying emulate the high low passing and being a play maker like Cox. Obviously she doesn't have her size, but she has the IQ.

Reaction Score
However, it does seem like Bickle is trying emulate the high low passing and being a play maker like Cox. Obviously she doesn't have her size, but she has the IQ.
Definitely! That’s why I would prefer bickle starting instead of egbo or Smith! Yes smith and egbo are really talented but they try to do too much one on one or they turn the ball over too much! Bickle has rarely turned it over! Also, bickle has said that lauren has taken her under her wing

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
UConn rises to #2
LOU drops to #7
MAR drops to #13
Miss St drops to #15
TENN drops to #23

LSU drops off Top 25
Just because I like to nitpick, isn't Maryland usually referred to as MD?
I lived in the DC burbs for 25 years and don't remember the Terps referred to as MAR.
When I first read your post (which I really appreciate you posting) I was thinking you meant Marquette even though I don't remember them being ranked.

Reaction Score
Marquette, also, thought you have to look out for the Red Foxes.

Marshall takes offense to being left out. After all....

1575955666019.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
South Dakota should have stayed in....... Miami needs to prove itself. They get their first chance Sunday vs my Deacs. Followed up @GaTech then home games vs FSU, Louisville, and Syracuse.

Plebe

Reaction Score

UConn #1
Oregon #2

Miami rejoins at #24
Texas joins in at #25

Michigan St and South Dakota drop out.
So I'm trying to understand this. Tennessee gets boat raced by Stanford, so they move up a spot. But South Dakota loses by a closer margin at South Carolina, so they have to drop out? Ugh these voters.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
So I'm trying to understand this. Tennessee gets boat raced by Stanford, so they move up a spot. But South Dakota loses by a closer margin at South Carolina, so they have to drop out? Ugh these voters.
Hey hey hey now! We followed that embarrassing loss up by beating the juggernaut that is Portland State by double digits! Hahaha :)

Reaction Score
huh...the Noles beat the Aggies by 22, Michigan by 10, and Michigan State by 10...and seem stuck at #8.

Oh well...AP doesn't matter....making the tourney does.

Plebe

Reaction Score
huh...the Noles beat the Aggies by 22, Michigan by 10, and Michigan State by 10...and seem stuck at #8.

Oh well...AP doesn't matter....making the tourney does.
Well, they’re ahead of all the teams they beat, no?

Reaction Score
Well, they’re ahead of all the teams they beat, no?

You tend to be.....you take the win and they have a loss....but the Aggies are still #11 after a 22 point loss to FSU.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You tend to be.....you take the win and they have a loss....but the Aggies are still #11 after a 22 point loss to FSU.
So as I have seen FSU play 3 times, once yesterday, just exactly who ahead of them should not be? I think they are where they should be given their schedule but after ACC play, they will be 3rd with NC State ahead of them.

Plebe

Reaction Score
"Still"? That's not where they were before the loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom