Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree. Got the same insight from @meyers7 post. Simply put, Megan might just relate better to Marissa.
And what drives us historians nuts is that against this logically probable answer are all the other unknowable possibilities. Just might be that Shea was scouting somewhere else, or that Geno thought she was better used working with some kids in Storrs, or that she needed some personal time, or even that she had a cold and didn't want to fly. It's the quotidian unknowables that defeat our higher reasoning.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Not nearly as inconsiderate as committing, then changing your mind and leaving 24 hours after you show up on campus, leaving the team that made a commitent and thought it had a commitment with NO Plan B

Well, young people are young people. Luckily, once an adult, coaches never abruptly change jobs and married couples don't get divorced. And, posters with pseudonyms get to judge in the bushes.

JS

Reaction Score
And, posters with pseudonyms get to judge in the bushes.

Judging in the bushes . . .

6-A-moment-of-the-international-competition-at-the-Rome-Rose-Garden-Credit-Luciano-Rossetti_Rome-Garden-Authority.jpg

Reaction Score
I want to start out by saying that she can choose whatever school she wants, whenever she wants. Those are absolutely her rights. Am I clear on that? Good.

Now, having said that, I think it is inconsiderate and selfish to drag out your decision when you are one of the top few players in the country. The reason is that teams are waiting on their decisions. I would hate to miss out on our plan B player because we are waiting on her.

I think its inconsiderate and selfish for you to expect 17-18 y/o's to make a rash life decision to appease you... It's all a gamble... Thank goodness you're not the coach, otherwise we'd have no players...

Reaction Score
Well, young people are young people. Luckily, once an adult, coaches never abruptly change jobs and married couples don't get divorced. And, posters with pseudonyms get to judge in the bushes.
Yup - that's the nature of sports fandom.

BTW I'm not saying anyone's a bad person here - only that (IMO - observation from the bushes) highly-focused individuals who know what they want are much more likely to make true championship athletes (or whatever endeavor they're pursuing). No value judgment on the other 99%.

Reaction Score
According to the family Megan is on campus now. This family is great, Meg is a top notch kid outside of the basketball player. Good luck.

Reaction Score
The article was published in a national blog, but must have hit home to UT students, because DD didn't even have to reference it in her tweet. Reading the article and the live links that she was reacting to (Arian Foster admitting in the documentary Schooled that coaches gave him extra meals when he couldn't afford to buy food for himself) sounds pretty stressed out down there.

Has anyone watched Schooled: The Price of College Sports (2013)? Just saw it's free on Amazon Prime, if you have that. Apparently got great reviews.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
A reminder of what Megan will learn (if she hasn't, already). Quote from Diana's Foreword to Geno's book:

"Coach Auriemma isn't for everyone. . . .Here's the thing; everyone else is going to kiss your ass."

This statement might help Megan and her family manage their expectations. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members