Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Heck if she wants to go to a school with a great football program good for her. IMO her focus should be on BB and working with the very best coaches. Now TX and ND have very good WBB programs but UConn is elite. There are no other elite WBB programs only good ones. Hey Megan is a terrific BB player. She will do well where ever she goes. At UConn IMO she would be developed better but we will never know if she doesnt come. We cant get everybody but we do get enough to make UConn the standard in WCBB. We have the players to be a top team for the next few years so lets not be overly concerned if we dont get Walker. There will be others and we will get some not all. Look what our roster looks like now and for the next few years. We have alot more talent then most. Fans are thinking this is a down year for UConn. Well losing our Big 3 is a down year but looking at what every other team lost they are not in as good shape as UConn. With all we lost we are still a FF team this season. How far we go will be dependent on the development of team chemistry and cohesiveness.

This season opponents will key on KLS and Kia. That means everybody else has to step up. We wont have Stewie backing up on defense which means if we take chances on defense or get beat on defense Stewie is not there to bail out the defense. This season for the first time in a long time we dont have a nucleus coming back of upper classman. We dont have that dominate player(s). We have questions marks on who will develop, who will start, who can hit a clutch shot, how will we play as a unit and who will be the leaders on the team. There are more. Still we are a top 3 team.

Early season we will be tested and that will exploit our weaknesses as well get our focus. We may lose some games. We most likely wont win every game by double digits. There will be alot of learning and growing this season but thats the way it will be with alot of teams. Discipline on defense will be key. We cant have key players in early foul trouble but we will.

The past few years we have been at the highest level. No other team has been at that level. So expectations will still be high but not invinciblely high. We were invincible the past few years. This year are are really really talented but inexperienced because of all the underclassman on the roster. We will be fine.

I guess Tony likes our chances.:)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Interestingly, Ms. Walker will be touring Notre Dame at the same time as Evina Westbrook, who is venturing east from Oregon. Since a number of the recent postings have focused on football games, that weekend (Sept. 23-25) interestingly/ironically, is the Duke vs. ND game. ;) Coincidentally, that's also the game I'll be attending. Highly doubt I'll see any of the recruits, but two years ago I turned a corner and walked into Coach Carol Owens and Coco Nelson, so you never know! :D

Westbrook About To Take Flight | Prospects Nation

Reaction Score
Great game! Yeah Yeah Yeah. ..who cares? As great as the game was, it still won't help her basketball skills if she goes to either school. There's only one way to go if she wants to maximize her potential.

**starts with U..ends with CONN**
You are correct! UCONN commits include the following reasons when choosing a school:
**Becoming the best player they can be**
**Winning a national championship**
**The best preparation for a professional basketball career**
If they don't have those reasons included at the top of their list then they wouldn't work out at UCONN. If they do but choose somewhere other than UCONN, then they are just fooling themselves.

Reaction Score
Interestingly, Ms. Walker will be touring Notre Dame at the same time as Evina Westbrook, who is venturing east from Oregon. Since a number of the recent postings have focused on football games, that weekend (Sept. 23-25) interestingly/ironically, is the Duke vs. ND game. ;) Coincidentally, that's also the game I'll be attending. Highly doubt I'll see any of the recruits, but two years ago I turned a corner and walked into Coach Carol Owens and Coco Nelson, so you never know! :D

Westbrook About To Take Flight | Prospects Nation

That would be one stacked back court..............I wonder whether EW will be willing to come east in the end.....I thought it was assumed that she was an OSU lean...................

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That would be one stacked back court....I wonder whether EW will be willing to come east in the end.....I thought it was assumed that she was an OSU lean....
As the article says, her dad was a Beaver and he is also from So. Cal, perhaps the interest in USC stems from there? But she's always had interest in Maryland and ND and has kept those, while adding Tennessee. And South Carolina is there, as well. From what I've read, her mom wants her to explore options and visit. MM is most certainly NOT putting all her eggs in the Walker basket, with Westbrook and Maya Dodson also showing interest(and vice versa, obviously). We'll see. The good news for Irish fans is I'm still excited to see what steps Arike Ogunbowale and Marina Mabrey (just sophomores) take and how Jackie Young joins that mix. Heck, if any of those three (Walker, Westbrook, Dodson) could join that mix, it would be a very good thing.

Reaction Score
As the article says, her dad was a Beaver and he is also from So. Cal, perhaps the interest in USC stems from there? But she's always had interest in Maryland and ND and has kept those, while adding Tennessee. And South Carolina is there, as well. From what I've read, her mom wants her to explore options and visit. MM is most certainly NOT putting all her eggs in the Walker basket, with Westbrook and Maya Dodson also showing interest(and vice versa, obviously). We'll see. The good news for Irish fans is I'm still excited to see what steps Arike Ogunbowale and Marina Mabrey (just sophomores) take and how Jackie Young joins that mix. Heck, if any of those three (Walker, Westbrook, Dodson) could join that mix, it would be a very good thing.
And it seems to be highly likely that at least one will verbal to ND.

Reaction Score
It appears that Megan Walker was a no-show at the Texas game late night. There were, however, a lot of impressive potential recruits at the game including Prince and Collier from 2018 and, says Prentice Beverly, Samantha Brunelle from 2019.

Edit - I just saw on Hornfans a repost of a Brunelle tweet confirming her visit to Texas.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
nah don't take this basketball thing too serious... I backed off when EDD stepped away, I said who knows what these kids are thinking

I don't think they know what they're thinking at any given moment so I wouldn't know what to think about that!!!

Reaction Score
It appears that Megan Walker was a no-show at the Texas game late night. There were, however, a lot of impressive potential recruits at the game including Prince and Collier from 2018 and, says Prentice Beverly, Samantha Brunelle from 2019.

Edit - I just saw on Hornfans a repost of a Brunelle tweet confirming her visit to Texas.

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 1h1 hour ago
WBB: It appears Megan Walker's scheduled official visit to Texas this weekend didn't happen. Can only assume it's been rescheduled.

Told ya, she doesn't like loud noises.............unless it's on a basketball court

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 1h1 hour ago
WBB: It appears Megan Walker's scheduled official visit to Texas this weekend didn't happen. Can only assume it's been rescheduled.

Told ya, she doesn't like loud noises...unless it's on a basketball court
Well, she just visited a little while ago with her parents. I'm sure she already knows a lot about what Texas has to offer. So, she may or may not visit again prior to making her decision.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We as fans can hope and pray and wish all we want... its up to her. UConn doesnt have to sell themselves. Everybody knows UConn and their record speaks for itself. If a kid wants to come they have a chance. Its up to Geno, the coaches and the team. If they go elsewhere UConn will continue to win NCs, other teams will dream about it UConn will get it done. So sit back and watch the show. I have been since 1995 and not much has changed. There are one year wonders who make the FF and there are shooting stars who make their mark and leave, but there is only one UConn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interesting. Though we don't know the reason, I think this is not good news for Texas. She was with John Lucas in Houston, but not at the UT football game in Austin. Hmmmm. Maybe she didn't want to cheer against Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Texas forums full of confusion as to whether MW was at game/campus............posters misidentifying her in photos from game...............one poster said that MW would be back next weekend with a bunch of other recruits as all visits last weekend were not official............seems unlikely to me but time will tell

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We as fans can hope and pray and wish all we want... its up to her. UConn doesnt have to sell themselves. Everybody knows UConn and their record speaks for itself. If a kid wants to come they have a chance. Its up to Geno, the coaches and the team. If they go elsewhere UConn will continue to win NCs, other teams will dream about it UConn will get it done. So sit back and watch the show. I have been since 1995 and not much has changed. There are one year wonders who make the FF and there are shooting stars who make their mark and leave, but there is only one UConn.
@Tonyc love the bravado but I have to disagree. UCONN does have sell itself and part of that selling is to point out the record but not rely on the past, just like UCONN had to sell to Rebecca Lobo, DT, Maya, KML, Stewie, KLS.... 4 years from now UCONN doesn't want to be saying we have won 11 National Championships. TN has been selling a similar tune since 2008 except no one is buying it.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Agree. Saying you don't have to sell yourself borders on arrogance, which isn't attractive (to most). It also can be interpreted as resting on one's laurels. By working hard to sell UConn to recruits, you potentially convince a recruit that there's still work to be done, things to achieve. UConn might have 11 titles but that recruit doesn't have any. Selling the school to the recruit would seem to show that, hey, we have a great track record AND we have the best potential for you to get a ring of your own.

Reaction Score
"What hasn’t been said about Megan Walker? (2017 – VA). She is supremely talented and a gifted strong athlete who plays the game right. She is just a player – no need to call her a position or pigeonhole her as anything in particular. She can just play the game at a high level and makes plays with precision and fundamental quality that really sets her apart from the pack."

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Is it down to Texas and UConn? That's according to an Austin paper.

Karen Aston's bunch hosts Megan Walker, the No. 1 recruit for 2017, this weekend in Austin. It's Texas or UConn. LINK

Reaction Score
Is it down to Texas and UConn? That's according to an Austin paper.

Karen Aston's bunch hosts Megan Walker, the No. 1 recruit for 2017, this weekend in Austin. It's Texas or UConn. LINK

I wonder if this guy is more reliable then the last UT blogger.................not sure where he would get that info from as MW plays it as close to the vest as any recent high level recruit I have observed...............it is certainly possible that she might choose Texas during or right after her official visit and drops UConn and ND on the spot............Texas has gained a lot of recruiting momentum recently and MW may be attracted to their up and coming energy as others have...........

Last edited:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Just another mistweet, that has been corrected.

Karen Aston's bunch hosts Megan Walker, the No. 1 recruit for 2017, this weekend. It's Texas, UConn or Notre Dame. LINK

Wish these Texas people would get their crap straight!

Reaction Score
I don't think they know what they're thinking at any given moment so I wouldn't know what to think about that!!!
Just as New England weather---wait a minute and their decision shall change--on anything except buying the "stuff" that is the current fad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom