Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
record-breaking.jpg
At this pace, a week or 2 until 14,000 with 15,000 in sight.

Reaction Score
Megan Walker is at John Lucas 160 Invitational along with Sedona Prince and Charli Collier amongst others..............I believe it's in the Houston area.............I assume she will be at UT in Austin today

Reaction Score
Megan Walker is at John Lucas 160 Invitational along with Sedona Prince and Charli Collier amongst others....I believe it's in the Houston area...I assume she will be at UT in Austin today
"And the Beat Goes On."

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
killing all her birds with one stone... makes sense to me

whats the view count?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yes, she is expected to begin her official visit in Austin this afternoon; will be at the football game this evening against Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan don't know who I want to win that football game..a really boring 0-0 tie might be nice!!!
Since I doubt a Football win or loss with effect her choice--I'd go with U Texas --Hook em Horns!! (One of the few other things I learned in Little Rock).

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan don't know who I want to win that football game..a really boring 0-0 tie might be nice!!!
No such luck. It's a fabulous game, and both teams (and their fans) are producing enormous excitement.

Reaction Score
No such luck. It's a fabulous game, and both teams (and their fans) are producing enormous excitement.
Always nice to have an exciting game when entertaining recruits. Gives them the complete college feel (spirit) . My daughter was recruited to Cuse for another sport yet it was during basketball season. We watched a very exciting Cuse vs Uconn men's game. I saw my kid in the student section with a new Orange tshirt on. After seeing the look on her face, I called my wife and said "Cuse has her". Interestingly enough the following week she was accepted into Notre Dame. She declined

Reaction Score
If a football game is an influencing factor, an exciting 50-47 Texas double OT win over ND, with a record crowd in Austin, is impossible to beat.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If a football game is an influencing factor, an exciting 50-47 Texas double OT win over ND, with a record crowd in Austin, is impossible to beat.
looks like it could be Texas to me... I'd take that over ND :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Great game! Yeah Yeah Yeah. ..who cares? As great as the game was, it still won't help her basketball skills if she goes to either school. There's only one way to go if she wants to maximize her potential.

**starts with U..ends with CONN**

Reaction Score
Well there goes my boring 0-0 tie...............I would think that everything that a recruit experiences on a campus visit has a small impact on their decision........Austin is a great place to go to college and the WBB program is clearly on the rise..............at the end of the day, many recruits are looking for the most comfortable 4 year college experience............if it's more about the challenge of becoming the best basketball player you can be, there's still one clear choice

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Heck if she wants to go to a school with a great football program good for her. IMO her focus should be on BB and working with the very best coaches. Now TX and ND have very good WBB programs but UConn is elite. There are no other elite WBB programs only good ones. Hey Megan is a terrific BB player. She will do well where ever she goes. At UConn IMO she would be developed better but we will never know if she doesnt come. We cant get everybody but we do get enough to make UConn the standard in WCBB. We have the players to be a top team for the next few years so lets not be overly concerned if we dont get Walker. There will be others and we will get some not all. Look what our roster looks like now and for the next few years. We have alot more talent then most. Fans are thinking this is a down year for UConn. Well losing our Big 3 is a down year but looking at what every other team lost they are not in as good shape as UConn. With all we lost we are still a FF team this season. How far we go will be dependent on the development of team chemistry and cohesiveness.

This season opponents will key on KLS and Kia. That means everybody else has to step up. We wont have Stewie backing up on defense which means if we take chances on defense or get beat on defense Stewie is not there to bail out the defense. This season for the first time in a long time we dont have a nucleus coming back of upper classman. We dont have that dominate player(s). We have questions marks on who will develop, who will start, who can hit a clutch shot, how will we play as a unit and who will be the leaders on the team. There are more. Still we are a top 3 team.

Early season we will be tested and that will exploit our weaknesses as well get our focus. We may lose some games. We most likely wont win every game by double digits. There will be alot of learning and growing this season but thats the way it will be with alot of teams. Discipline on defense will be key. We cant have key players in early foul trouble but we will.

The past few years we have been at the highest level. No other team has been at that level. So expectations will still be high but not invinciblely high. We were invincible the past few years. This year are are really really talented but inexperienced because of all the underclassman on the roster. We will be fine.

Reaction Score

It was a very long and exciting game on TV. It would have been wild in person.

Reaction Score
From Kenny Kalina - Megan Walker 6-0 G/F (VA) "A very good player playing like she had something to prove, physically unmatched here."

Reaction Score
There's no way she chooses any school over an exciting football game. I watched and lost money on that game. It was good but......cmon. If she goes there it won't be because of last night. Although a great time plus other things she may have seen and was told, who knows! I know one thing, that point guard they got ain't no joke! After this year, I believe she will be the lead when talking Texas.

Reaction Score
There's no way she chooses any school over an exciting football game. I watched and lost money on that game. It was good but.cmon. If she goes there it won't be because of last night. Although a great time plus other things she may have seen and was told, who knows! I know one thing, that point guard they got ain't no joke! After this year, I believe she will be the lead when talking Texas.

I was being a bit facetious with the 0-0 tie comment..............that said, UT shouldn't be taken lightly in their recruiting or on the court, they are back as one of the really good teams this season and in the future.........a real challenge to Baylor for Texas supremacy.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom