Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know what? We got Geno and Im really not worried. A few months ago I was reading about we have no height we arent getting any tall players what will we do. In fact Ive been reading this for some time. Then we got Butler and now Carmara and Stevens. Now we're talking more FFs and NCs. The secret to BB is team. Geno has his priorities in order. Attitude and discipline for recruits and parents, Defense, Offense and winning. Thats it. His record is a reward for his tuffness and if you have any questions just look at his record of Olympians and Olympic metals, WNBA players and POY. There arent 2 coaches in WCBB that have combined his records. So if we dont get every recruit so what. We will continue to win NCs while they watch and think what couldve been. See being a couldve been imo is how we got Butler Camara and Stevens. They were tired of being couldve beens. Theyre here for one reason. To win a NC.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Everyone has teammates. Everyone. Diana had a team full of high school All-Americans that were assuredly not nearly as good as Smith's or Stiles's or Swoopes's. Holdsclaw carried her team her freshman and sophomore years in the tournament.

Ugh. This is what I get for not proofreading :rolleyes:

Diana had a team full of high school All-Americans that were assuredly at least as good as Smith's or Stiles's or Swoopes's.

Reaction Score
Megan said she had a great official visit at Texas. That doesn't mean anything. What's she going to say...had a bad official visit at Texas? A mediocre visit at Texas? She would definitely be a plum for Texas, but they already have some great talent. They don't need her to build the team around.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
IMO(uninformed w/o sources) recruiting soap operas and UCONN WB are antithetical.
So is that a good thing? Sorry I was throw perhaps by the double negative.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If she visits her other two favorites, by the time she verbals in another 2-3 weeks or so, this thread could easily have more than 30,000 views.
TonyC is the view master, he starts a thread and the numbers shoot thru the roof.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I could see Walker going elsewhere with perfect equanimity, though the "great race", "lottery" or Batchelorete
Does this mean that Danielle Adams and Brittney Griner were UConn sleeper agents?!

Hey, Orang, I didn't say every time! But, also, "the exception that proves the existence of the rule." No?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
She hasn't rejected Geno's offer yet, has she? Then why all this odd negativism? She might or might not chose UConn.

Reaction Score
So much for those who argue that anyone seriously wanting a championship will choose UConn. I guess she didn't get the memo:

QUESTION: What were some questions you had for Texas, and how was Texas able to answer your questions?

ANSWER: The coach’s vision of the team, how would I fit into the program. Coach Karen (Aston) shared her program vision, how strong the program is now and adding me to the team would put them in a position to win a conference and national championship.

QUESTION: What is one thing Aston said that really stuck out during your visit?

ANSWER: I’d have an opportunity there at Texas to do something that no other team has done by strengthening the program to win a national championship and leave my own legacy.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"ANSWER: I’d have an opportunity there at Texas to do something that no other team has done by strengthening the program to win a national championship and leave my own legacy."

Now, there's originality. Well, maybe Geno used it on Rebecca 11 championships ago. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm sure she'll get something similar at ND: put them over the top to multiple-championships no college venerates its athletes more than the Irish....And at UConn, the amazing tradition, etc etc. And I'm sure she'll piously repeat these things to the press. She's extremely polite and courteous, so she'll have nice things to say about everyone, while keeping her own counsel about her ultimate decision.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Apostate that I am, I will ask the question: How many selfies of yourself in bathrooms can you post on twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom