Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So much for those who argue that anyone seriously wanting a championship will choose UConn. I guess she didn't get the memo:

QUESTION: What were some questions you had for Texas, and how was Texas able to answer your questions?

ANSWER: The coach’s vision of the team, how would I fit into the program. Coach Karen (Aston) shared her program vision, how strong the program is now and adding me to the team would put them in a position to win a conference and national championship.

QUESTION: What is one thing Aston said that really stuck out during your visit?

ANSWER: I’d have an opportunity there at Texas to do something that no other team has done by strengthening the program to win a national championship and leave my own legacy.
If she wants to win a national championship and leave her own legacy, she better choices UConn. 2017-2018 UConn is a super team with 6'6", 6'5", 6'3", two 6'2" and 6'1" players.

Reaction Score
Geno left Christyn Williams house in Arkansas and hightailed it to Virginia......................sneak attack at Megan Walker's house!!!!!!!

Meg W. ‏@iball_crzy 19m19 minutes agoVirginia, USA
visit with the huskies

CsMk2PbWYAASrUA.jpg

Reaction Score
I think of myself--most of us think this way--as a hardworking person. But when you see Geno, with all the anxiety of winning a NC, and then end up in the hospital with that nasty flu, pivot immediately and reprise all that intensity and anxiety at the Olympics, and then right away jump into recruiting again at the same time as he starts what everyone knows will be a difficult coaching year, I'm in awe. And folks worry about him retiring soon? Nah, he's just getting his second wind in life....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Interesting that Geno brought Marissa (works with post) with him and not Shea who works with guards.
Don't know if it works that way. i.e. don't know if they necessarily recruit the way they will coach. Might have more to do with first contact or natural common interests or personalities.

Reaction Score
I want to start out by saying that she can choose whatever school she wants, whenever she wants. Those are absolutely her rights. Am I clear on that? Good.

Now, having said that, I think it is inconsiderate and selfish to drag out your decision when you are one of the top few players in the country. The reason is that teams are waiting on their decisions. I would hate to miss out on our plan B player because we are waiting on her.

Reaction Score
I want to start out by saying that she can choose whatever school she wants, whenever she wants. Those are absolutely her rights. Am I clear on that? Good.

Now, having said that, I think it is inconsiderate and selfish to drag out your decision when you are one of the top few players in the country. The reason is that teams are waiting on their decisions. I would hate to miss out on our plan B player because we are waiting on her.
Not nearly as inconsiderate as committing, then changing your mind and leaving 24 hours after you show up on campus, leaving the team that made a commitent and thought it had a commitment with NO Plan B

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Interesting that Geno brought Marissa (works with post) with him and not Shea who works with guards.

There's the potential for it to be related to demographics and not positions. It's something that could make the recruit feel more comfortable.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

She has until next April to decide so I wouldn't call this dragging it out. It's not really her responsibility to choose early to impact others' decisions. Everyone should do what's best for his/her situation, imo.

Reaction Score
Not nearly as inconsiderate as committing, then changing your mind and leaving 24 hours after you show up on campus, leaving the team that made a commitent and thought it had a commitment with NO Plan B
Could not agree more. For all of our supposed dominance and riches of talent, that one incident killed us for at least 2 years. For that reason, I will never be a fan of hers and that is stating it nicely.

Reaction Score
You're arguing that precisely because she's worked so hard to be the number 1 recruit, she has to surrender the right that every "lesser" player has: the right to take her time with her decision.

And, in fact, there are only two teams that will be disappointed at this point, and both of them (whichever they are) are already well-stocked with current players and have Plans B through Z.

Reaction Score
Could not agree more. For all of our supposed dominance and riches of talent, that one incident killed us for at least 2 years. For that reason, I will never be a fan of hers and that is stating it nicely.
You may not forgive her, but obviously Geno has.

She was 18 and going through a personal crisis, for goodness sake. She's a great, great player, and, from all appearances, an equally impressive person.

Reaction Score

It's not inconsiderate or selfish. That's the whole purpose of official visits, to help make the decision. The coaches know how it works and they've got their options all ready. Coaches yank the kids around too by trying to pressure them into committing early so it works both ways. The early signing date isn't until Nov.9th but the very top coaches like Auriemma have a pretty good idea by late spring of who's probably coming. Like I've said before, I believe Walker has known for awhile where she's going and if it's UConn, Auriemma knows it. It's called a silent commitment.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It's not inconsiderate or selfish. That's the whole purpose of official visits, to help make the decision. The coaches know how it works and they've got their options all ready. Coaches yank the kids around too by trying to pressure them into committing early so it works both ways. The early signing date isn't until Nov.9th but the very top coaches like Auriemma have a pretty good idea by late spring of who's probably coming. Like I've said before, I believe Walker has known for awhile where she's going and if it's UConn, Auriemma knows it. It's called a silent commitment.

Gotta disagree with you on MW..........I doubt she'd be making multiple trips to Austin, Storrs and South Bend if she had already made up her mind.............I think she is weighing her decision carefully which is the best way to avoid future unhappiness and possible transfer.............she's in the great position of being wanted by two really excellent programs and one legendary but super tough program..................not an easy decision if you're a high school senior

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Never forget that what is important here is not the happiness and emotional well-being of the student-athletes but the success of UCONN women's basketball.

Reaction Score
Never forget that what is important here is not the happiness and emotional well-being of the student-athletes but the success of UCONN women's basketball.
Right - glad we have our priorities in order! Do I hold a grudge? C'mon, this is just sports - of course I do!

Seriously though, I do sympathize with the young athlete. No need to re-hash the old story, whatever is best for her, blah blah, yeah I'm all in. But, just from a sports standpoint, I think the real champion elite athletes are focused like a heat-seeking missile and know what they want.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
We're d-o-o-o-o-o-med!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Right - glad we have our priorities in order! Do I hold a grudge? C'mon, this is just sports - of course I do!

Seriously though, I do sympathize with the young athlete. No need to re-hash the old story, whatever is best for her, blah blah, yeah I'm all in. But, just from a sports standpoint, I think the real champion elite athletes are focused like a heat-seeking missile and know what they want.

Honestly, I know what you mean. For example, Taya Reimer. Rationally, I know that it wasn't working out for her at ND for whatever reason and leaving the team was probably for the best.

As a fan, I can't help but think, "Darn, we could have used her against Stanford."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom