Anthony on Gilbert | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Anthony on Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Duh really? Gaffney played against a real crappy team and was 2-10 from the field, was 5 and 2 with assists and TOs vs a team that barely guarded anyone. AG would've been killed for that, It's hilarious to read he gave the ball where Carlton needed to score LOL when he gave him the ball the same place AG and Vital have the last few games when he came up ZERO. The fact he scored 10 was good for us after 2 zeroes last 2 games... if he scored 10 from the same passes and spots the last 2 games we may be 13-7. People need to calm down Temple was dreadful. I hope this is the beginning of the Gaffney era because it needs to be. I'm rooting for the kid he's a Husky after all but the haters are tough to take. But if last night made it clear to you we will be better without AG because Gaffney was "so good" then let's give it a couple more games vs Top 25 teams. DUH!

The duh is in reference to playing time. Kathy was pointing out gilberts games for as an excuse for his poor play. And I said gafney has played even less and peopl should play based on performance not who has played more games. Do you disagree?

The ball movment was night and day. Thats not even arguable.

Nowhere did I say Gaffney was amazing/ made no mistakes or shot it well. I said he takes care of the ball better (he does) and he looks to set his teamates up and get rid of the ball much quicker (he does).

Nowhere did I say “Last night made it clear to me we will be better without AG cuz Gaffney was “so good”.

I literally didnt say or hint at a single thing you are claiming. If you are going to come at (and mock) somebody at least try to understand and represent their argument correctly and get rid of that Boneyard strawman special.

Reaction Score
We still would have blown the doors off Temple last night with Alterique playing. He’s a solid player, he’s just been really bad in the last 3 minutes or so. I feel he’s correctable or at least, he could be pulled when the wheels fall off. This team needs him.

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the article but man did this thread go off the rails awhile ago.

No matter what happens, I wish Rique well no matter what he does after his time at UConn. I hope he graduates from UConn in the spring and gets his diploma

Reaction Score
I know HIPAA applies to medical.professionals - my point being where did he get his info? Couldn't be from a medical professional and I would hope it wasn't a university employee which leaves 2 options - it is all speculation which is irresponsible or the info came from Gilbert in which case it's all good.
Your premise is still wrong. None of the info he reported is protected under HIPAA.

Reaction Score
So are we supposed to keep him around for seven years so that he can have 3 years of experience and act like a normal senior? I'm confused about what kind of argument you're trying to make.
That’s not legal at UConn. Maybe at Pitt, Cinci, WVU.

Reaction Score
Did anyone who brought up HIPAA mention what they thought would have even applied to it?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The decision to start Gaffney over Gilbert was a metaphorical changing of the guard from the Ollie era to the Hurley era for Uconn basketball. Seeing as now our PG and the majority of our starters are Hurley kids. Gaffney now has the keys as we saw with him leading the team in minutes last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom