Anthony on Gilbert | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Anthony on Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel like Gilbert is going through something very similar to many point guards at a similar place over the years. The difference is most of them were sophomores and Gilbert is in his fourth year because of injuries. The things that were said about sophomore-year Shabazz and Taliek are sounding pretty familiar, but Gilbert is if anything getting less benefit of the doubt (not that those guys weren't getting killed here, too)
What!?! Soph Shabazz had a ring! That's a little different!!

Reaction Score
So are we supposed to keep him around for seven years so that he can have 3 years of experience and act like a normal senior? I'm confused about what kind of argument you're trying to make.
Van Wilder 2

Reaction Score
2 more than Adams, 32 less than Carlton and 63 less than Vital - not a 3rd or 4th year player.

And Gaffney has played 35 fewer games than AG, yet he takes care of the ball a lot better and actually tries run an offense and play team ball.

What is your point? It doesnt matter how many games youve played. Its how you play. Duh

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This was a really good read. It’s all too easy to lose sight that college athletes are people and very young and vulnerable. Going from thinking you’re a lotto pick to struggling immensely and questioning your future and supporting your family. Kid does not need us bitching about missed layups. When an 80% FT shooter goes 1-7 it’s clearly mental and he definitely needed a break.

I hope he comes back and has big moments for us. If he does indeed move on after this year he deserves a big ovation on senior night.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
HIPAA doesn't prevent a person's friends and family from talking to the press or anyone else. It restricts UConn and Health Care professionals from sharing protected health information, but that's not what happened here.
This is the truth - often tough to sort out the regulations.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Folks, this may also be appropriate for the “Hardo” thread, but:

It’s “HIPAA” (Health Insurance Portability and Accountabilty Act)...not “HIPPA”

you’re not allowed to talk about it unless you use the proper terminology

;)
Ironically enough, I did talk about it in the hardo thread, sort of.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter and I agree with your point but he's played 53 games at UConn.
Not making any excuses for him. He's under performing for a highly rated recruit that's supposed to be a building block. At this point, being held out of the game points to something bigger than basketball.

Reaction Score
I worked my whole career as a medical professional in an educational setting. FERPA & HIPPA are laws for a reason. How many times has a University refused to comment because of a student's s right to privacy. Should be respected here also. Dont like my stance too bad - it comes from years of experience in the field.
Your understanding of HIPPA law is so wildly incorrect that I think you should strongly consider a refresher course. Seriously. I’m a clinician myself and it’s just cringeworthy that HIPPA was even mentioned at all after reading this article.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
If the article is accurate almost feel like it could have a negative effect in Gilbert that we blew out temple without him on the floor

Reaction Score
Your understanding of HIPPA law is so wildly incorrect that I think you should strongly consider a refresher course. Seriously. I’m a clinician myself and it’s just cringeworthy that HIPPA was even mentioned at all after reading this article.
I know HIPAA applies to medical.professionals - my point being where did he get his info? Couldn't be from a medical professional and I would hope it wasn't a university employee which leaves 2 options - it is all speculation which is irresponsible or the info came from Gilbert in which case it's all good.

Reaction Score
If the article is accurate almost feel like it could have a negative effect in Gilbert that we blew out temple without him on the floor
Yup. Talk about twisting the knife. Feel so bad for the kid. He’s having such a rough year with everything and he busts his ass on the court more than anyone besides vital. God things have to go right eventually. Add the whole kobe/daughter thing into the mix and it’s been one hell of a depressing start to the new year. We re rooting for u AG!! Bounce back!!!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The story can not end like this. He needs to come back and give us 10 solid minutes per game and be a good teammate. He can’t walk away because he lost his starting position. Can’t end this way.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The story can not end like this. He needs to come back and give us 10 solid minutes per game and be a good teammate. He can’t walk away because he lost his starting position. Can’t end this way.
This isn’t the end of his story. He doesn’t need to do anything except get right for himself. I don’t think there is a player on the team who believes he has not been a good teammate, and I don’t think he walked away because he lost his starting position.

Reaction Score
And Gaffney has played 35 fewer games than AG, yet he takes care of the ball a lot better and actually tries run an offense and play team ball.

What is your point? It doesnt matter how many games youve played. Its how you play. Duh

Duh really? Gaffney played against a real crappy team and was 2-10 from the field, was 5 and 2 with assists and TOs vs a team that barely guarded anyone. AG would've been killed for that, It's hilarious to read he gave the ball where Carlton needed to score LOL when he gave him the ball the same place AG and Vital have the last few games when he came up ZERO. The fact he scored 10 was good for us after 2 zeroes last 2 games... if he scored 10 from the same passes and spots the last 2 games we may be 13-7. People need to calm down Temple was dreadful. I hope this is the beginning of the Gaffney era because it needs to be. I'm rooting for the kid he's a Husky after all but the haters are tough to take. But if last night made it clear to you we will be better without AG because Gaffney was "so good" then let's give it a couple more games vs Top 25 teams. DUH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom