Another viral dunk for Kwintin Williams | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Another viral dunk for Kwintin Williams

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
That looks alot like the LA Fitness court in South Windsor/Manchester, maybe he is already transitioning to campus as we speak.

I'm almost positive that is the LA Fitness in SW, however we'd need to know the time and day he did that to be sure because if someone says that is a Monday at 6 then it couldn't be because that court would be packed.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sure he will be working on his shooting, but if you think he wont be doing circus dunks at the end of practices and posting them to social media, you're dead wrong. Honestly if anything it will help bring a little bit of excitement back to UConn basketball. If the country is somewhat paying attention to his dunks week by week, and they're watching videos with our logo at center court, that's eyes and in the AAC we need all the reasons we can get for eyes on our team/logo/court
That excitement will fade immediately if he is unable to contribute on the court. Johnny McEntee is a YouTube sensation but that didn't help UConn football. Did get him a job with the POTUS.

Reaction Score
That excitement will fade immediately if he is unable to contribute on the court. Johnny McEntee is a YouTube sensation but that didn't help UConn football. Did get him a job with the POTUS.

Agreed, but I cant see why it wouldnt... unless his defense is so bad that he cant stay on the court. If he can play a Richard Jefferson/Kmart type roll on the nets, just slashing to the hoop and catching oops all day, that would really help open up our offense and get us some wide open shots, not mention the easy oops he catches. All you need to do that is a good pg that can make the pass and a good run and jump athlete that can catch and finish. I could see him getting alot of points like that and it being hard to stop.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He has the tools because he can jump high? I'm not saying he doesn't, I just don't know what we've seen so far - beyond his stats at the JuCo level - that separates him other world class athletes.

I'm not trying to dampen the excitement at all, but posts like these just set the table for false narratives to be rolled out about the staff when it turns out he's not good enough.
A Chief00 response: "A casual fan can only appreciate a limited number of parameters which contribute to on court success."
A BigErn response: "There are a lot of tools who contribute to the Boneyard."

Serious response: Court awareness (peripheral vision, quick assessment of moving parts), understanding opponents strengths and weaknesses (which opposing players are excellent offensive rebounders and how they create to get rebounds such as physically establish presence under the boards or come from further out), flexibility in response to ball being shot to anticipate a rebound for a missed shot (that is when to box out, when to leak, when to block, when to go for the rebound), timing and ability to see caroms; These factors are just as important if not more important in a players ability to rebound than just leaping ability, size or strength.

As examples: Shabazz lacked the physical attributes but was excellent at rebounding. One of the biggest factors in the first NC imo was Rip's ability to understand when he was needed for defensive rebounds and when he could leak for fast breaks. He constantly kept opposing teams off balance. Neither of these two players had the physical attribute of Brimah's height, but Brimah was never able to sublimate many of the aspects that factor into rebounding.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Agreed, but I cant see why it wouldnt... unless his defense is so bad that he cant stay on the court. If he can play a Richard Jefferson/Kmart type roll on the nets, just slashing to the hoop and catching oops all day, that would really help open up our offense and get us some wide open shots, not mention the easy oops he catches. All you need to do that is a good pg that can make the pass and a good run and jump athlete that can catch and finish. I could see him getting alot of points like that and it being hard to stop.
As they say TBD!

Reaction Score

Think there is something here we will like. May take a little while, but if he understands the game at all and is coachable he will be an impact just how much is TBD.:eek:

C

Chief00

A Chief00 response: "A casual fan can only appreciate a limited number of parameters which contribute to on court success."
A BigErn response: "There are a lot of tools who contribute to the Boneyard."

Serious response: Court awareness (peripheral vision, quick assessment of moving parts), understanding opponents strengths and weaknesses (which opposing players are excellent offensive rebounders and how they create to get rebounds such as physically establish presence under the boards or come from further out), flexibility in response to ball being shot to anticipate a rebound for a missed shot (that is when to box out, when to leak, when to block, when to go for the rebound), timing and ability to see caroms; These factors are just as important if not more important in a players ability to rebound than just leaping ability, size or strength.

As examples: Shabazz lacked the physical attributes but was excellent at rebounding. One of the biggest factors in the first NC imo was Rip's ability to understand when he was needed for defensive rebounds and when he could leak for fast breaks. He constantly kept opposing teams off balance. Neither of these two players had the physical attribute of Brimah's height, but Brimah was never able to sublimate many of the aspects that factor into rebounding.

Some good points and nuance about Rip.

Just to set the record straight I am intrigue by Williams. Really, would like to see him focus on rebounding and defense in games while working on skills in practice and individual workouts. Blaney could have worked wonders with this guy.

Reaction Score
Just saw on his IG story that it looks like he's boarding a flight to Hartford/BDL.

Yeah Friday is move in day. No idea why people have been losing their bananas over him not being on campus

C

Chief00

Obviously a response to @Chief00 's comments. Thank God we have him pushing the team to get better.

Thanks, the objective of my criticisms or button pushing is always to improve the team and players. If I think a guy has no potential to get better, I don't bother.

C

Chief00

We just see stills. Are we sure he actually shot the ball or maybe he has a dunk where it looks like a jumpshot
I tell you even on those stills - much work to do on mechanics.

Reaction Score
IMG_5075.PNG

Jalen's comment on his Instagram makes it seem like a lot of oops are in the future

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom