Another viral dunk for Kwintin Williams | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Another viral dunk for Kwintin Williams

Reaction Score
Im excited! I think he's going to be a great distraction for our offense. Players wont want to be on ESPN getting dunked on by this kid, so *insert uconn players name here* will get a wide open shot or and easy lay up or dunk. Run some back screen for easy oops and if an extra defener steps up, you have someone on the other side that can get an easy bucket. Sounds easier than it is to execute, but if they work on that it could really open things up for us this year.

C

Chief00

His assist to turnover ratio from one year of playing JUCO ball is 0.1 below Stanley Robinson and Gavin Edwards's their senior year. I feel like they were fairly productive in competitive games that season. It's also a hair above DeAndre Daniels's his junior year. Would it be fair to call him productive in that place and time as well? Not to mention above Hasheem's in both his So. and Jr. seasons as well.

This isn't to say Kwintin will come close to replicating those performances. I maintain that he should be #12 out of 12 on this roster in terms of where he stands in the rotation. I'm just pointing out that you cherry-picking one statistic from one year of JUCO ball to comment on the skill development of a player you've never seen play is, well, nonsensical (but to be expected from you).

If inferences on skill development based on JUCO statistics were valid, then your boy Sam Jr. would've showcased a much more developed offensive game and shooting touch during his time in a Husky uniform, instead of jacking up ill-advised shots in garbage time.

Furthermore, I have reason to believe your "assessment" of Kwintin is related to your personal problems with KO not showing Calhoun enough respect in your mind. If KO were meeting your standards in terms of placing enough phone calls to Calhoun per month, we would not be reading such poorly thought-out arguments and mis-applications of statistics. All in all, you've taken a stance that makes you look like the most casual of fans.

3 turnovers to 1 assist doesn't win games. KO talking to Calhoun more would be a good thing - not a bad thing.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
3 turnovers to 1 assist doesn't win games.

Yeah, I remember all of the games DeAndre blew for us in '13-14...if only he had a better assist-turnover ratio, then we would've maybe put together a decent season. Alas, that was not meant to be the case.

KO talking to Calhoun more would be a good thing - not a bad thing.

I'm not arguing that point. I am simply alarmed that your emotional perception of the KO-Calhoun relationship is affecting the objectivity of your analysis of players' performance and skills. You are angry at KO because you think he is disrespecting Calhoun, and that in turn causes you to produce biased commentary that doesn't reflect reality.

C

Chief00

Yeah, I remember all of the games DeAndre blew for us in '13-14...if only he had a better assist-turnover ratio, then we would've maybe put together a decent season. Alas, that was not meant to be the case.

I'm not arguing that point. I am simply alarmed that your emotional perception of the KO-Calhoun relationship is affecting the objectivity of your analysis of players' performance and skills. You are angry at KO because you think he is disrespecting Calhoun, and that in turn causes you to produce biased commentary that doesn't reflect reality.

Stairmaster, I just spent the day in Storrs. I don't have a bad relationship with KO, that's your narrative. I have a good relationship, but we don't go back as far. True, I think Calhoun is one of a kind - a great guy - and a tremendous coach. Why wouldn't I encourage a coach to use that wonderful resource?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Stairmaster, I just spent the day in Storrs. I don't have a bad relationship with KO, that's your narrative. I have a good relationship, but we don't go back as far. True, I think Calhoun is one of a kind - a great guy - and a tremendous coach. Why wouldn't I encourage a coach to use that wonderful resource?

No, you do have a bad relationship with him -- you are personally offended that he is not talking to Calhoun as much as he should. You are unbelievably sensitive to anything you perceive as a slight against Calhoun, like when you got on another poster's case recently for referring to Calhoun by his first name. Why should this be any different?

C

Chief00

No, you do have a bad relationship with him -- you are personally offended that he is not talking to Calhoun as much as he should. You are unbelievably sensitive to anything you perceive as a slight against Calhoun, like when you got on another poster's case recently for referring to Calhoun by his first name. Why should this be any different?

You have your alternate reality narratives and I know how I just spent my day.

C

Chief00

Was that when I said instead of calling him Jim to call him an old MF er. Did you ever consider that was an attempt at humor?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
... and I know how I just spent my day.

200.gif

Reaction Score
What's your problem with Calhoun?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
He's one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport and about as genuine as it gets.

"One of?" No, he is the absolute greatest. That's something I've been saying for a long time (It's Official, Can't wait, UConn selects new AD). Why can't you bring yourself to admit that there is no better coach in the history of the sport than Calhoun? Are you the one who has a problem with him?

C

Chief00

He's one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport and about as genuine as it gets.
Couldn't agree more - it's got to be a perceived or actual personal slight. It doesn't take much imagination to see how Stairmaster might set Calhoun off. Would you blame Jim?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Posted some nice vids on his insta story, don't know how to post though.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more - it's got to be a perceived or actual personal slight. It doesn't take much imagination to see how Stairmaster might set Calhoun off. Would you blame Jim?
No, I wouldn't.

C

Chief00

That's one

I know the legions of casual fans are going to misread me because I really like Kwintin a lot. But, from a coach's perspective Kwintin broke lots of fundamentals in the dribble drill. To start with, he did not keep his eyes up but admittedly he had to see the cones. That's why chair are better drills than cones.

Reaction Score
Yes, like what I saw. He will be mostly be playing the 4. I reviewed his stats at Pima. He got better as the season went along. He did not shoot any 3's in the first part of the yr. He average over 20 and shoot 50% on 3's in the last 6 games at PCC.

Reaction Score
If this kid is playing meaningful minutes in meaningful games then this team will be lucky to win 10 games.

Im excited! I think he's going to be a great distraction for our offense. Players wont want to be on ESPN getting dunked on by this kid, so *insert uconn players name here* will get a wide open shot or and easy lay up or dunk. Run some back screen for easy oops and if an extra defener steps up, you have someone on the other side that can get an easy bucket. Sounds easier than it is to execute, but if they work on that it could really open things up for us this year.

pj

Reaction Score
If this kid is playing meaningful minutes in meaningful games then this team will be lucky to win 10 games.

Don't understand why "fans" want to badmouth our own players. If he can learn defense, he can play meaningful minutes. Maybe he's an Einstein of defensive basketball and can pick it up in a few weeks. We'll see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom