OT: - Another Corona Drinking Question | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Another Corona Drinking Question

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
this is getting funny

It's been a good thread.

On a serious note, for OP. I know people who drink way less than me and who are alcoholics. It's not whether you go over the "recommended" amount. Do you "need" to? Can you decide, this Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be dry, and then execute that without anxiety or any symptoms of needing a drink? This seems like more realistic information to me.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I think this is one of those lists that if you answer yes to even one question, you have a drinking problem.
Do you have a drinking problem?
Yeah I got a problem, I can't get enough. And they ration it!
(long long story involving, me, my boss, my det commander (captain), my group commander (colonel), my *raging alcoholic* first shirt, and a wise guy NCO that worked for me. And yes we had ration cards limiting us to 4 liters of hard liquor a month.)

Reaction Score
Are 3 bottles of wine and 1or 2 six packs a week too much? I normally drink alone (like Boyd Crowder In Justified)

Honestly there are probably people on here who drink that in a day. If you can't shut it off after a certain point every time then yes you should be concerned. Otherwise carry on and enjoy retirement.

Leaving the house only once per week is more concerning. Get out there man!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's one of the strangest and least-attractive soda names imo;...
Hmmm...I'll bet it mixes well with vodka.
There will be a Gasossa and Deep Eddy's Lemon mixing this weekend. Will that be too much lemon? I'll keep you posted.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There will be a Gasossa and Deep Eddy's Lemon mixing this weekend. Will that be too much lemon? I'll keep you posted.
Please do. I almost went and got one last night to mix it with vodka. Then I did the next best thing and asked my wife to pick some up next time she’s at the store, because I hate going to the supermarket. One way or another I will have it soon and will report back as well.

Definitely also interested in the recipe for @husky99 ‘s girlfriend’s drink.

Reaction Score
Honestly there are probably people on here who drink that in a day. If you can't shut it off after a certain point every time then yes you should be concerned. Otherwise carry on and enjoy retirement.

Leaving the house only once per week is more concerning. Get out there man!

Hey N.C. is corona central with these southern hammerheads who refuse to wear masks. My daughter is very at risk so for me to see her 2 or 3 x a week I must be careful.
Thanks for your comments though.

I do walk the dog daily and actually walk by myself twice a week.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Please do. I almost went and got one last night to mix it with vodka. Then I did the next best thing and asked my wife to pick some up next time she’s at the store, because I hate going to the supermarket. One way or another I will have it soon and will report back as well.
Remembered that the pizza joint around the corner sells Foxon Park so I picked up a large bottle of Gassosa while out picking up my daughter. I can now confirm that it mixes very well with vodka.

Fill highball glass 3/4 full with crushed ice.

Add a shot and a half of Tito’s and fill the rest of the glass with Gassosa. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon and squeeze of fresh lime.

Stir and enjoy.

Reaction Score
Most practical application of algebra I had to use in my younger days was Saturday around 6pm. Had to figure out if I had enough drinks to get through Saturday night AND Sunday, or if I had to make a run to the Packy before they closed at 8pm on Saturday night.
We used to figure out how long it would take us the get to the NY border and back before it was "too late". I believe I made a run once. Good times.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We used to figure out how long it would take us the get to the NY border and back before it was "too late". I believe I made a run once. Good times.

NY or Sturbridge, Mass depending on what part of state we were aton Sat night.

Reaction Score
At what age did you guys first start drinking and what age were you making beer runs and getting into bars?

Reaction Score
At what age did you guys first start drinking and what age were you making beer runs and getting into bars?

Drinking at 14 or 15. Worked on a farm in Wethersfield and the older spanish guys would but us beer. into bars at 16 at prep school with fake id, but only one bar on rt 66 Avon/Simsbury border. ha

Best memory when i was 17 my friend and i double dated (I was 17) went to a package store on Berlin tournpike. I buy like 3 6 packs. Guy asks for my ID and i show him my friend billy counihon's ri drivers license. He says how do you spell Counihon and i go Counihan, ummmm but sometimes i spell it with with an o, and sometimes with two o's. Busted, but he sold us the beer. Well my friend and 'i got drunk but not much from our dates. HA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or Rhode Island depending on which was closer

Reaction Score
That was me too! In high school, during late nights it was all about finding the Port Chester bodega where no one spoke English.

The first time we went, at like 16, the guy would ask "ID, Papi?" and we'd be like "nope". They'd give us a dirty look, look at the cash register and up the charge by a few bucks, then we'd pay in cash and leave. Once they get to know you, then it was easier and easier each time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom