OT: - Another Corona Drinking Question | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Another Corona Drinking Question

Reaction Score
Get thee behind me Satan.

total bs. if you live by yourself and have wine with dinner you are drinking alone? Thank god I have a dog, thus I never drink alone.

Blackouts - maybe a couple in college, but it could have been the extracurriculars rather than booze.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

I mean who didn’t have shots after UConn fb ran the clock out and couldn’t get a play off during the last 20+ seconds of the Navy game a few years ago and lost

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
you only need 2-3 "yes" out of those 20 to be considered an alcoholic? Yeesh.

I've had like 5 beers in the last month and I can answer yes to probably 4 of those at least.

It says a fixed time, maybe a year ... if it was EVER, I would have answered yes to darn near all of them, lol.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Get thee behind me Satan.
1594853216045.png

One out of 20.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I worked at a place that opened at 8, I spent so many 12 hour days there I would go home and dream about it.

I'm curious, how many people on bikes were there when you opened?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm curious, how many people on bikes were there when you opened?
There was a trailer park nearby so a few walkers, maybe one bike. My favorite was a little old lady who would buy a handle of Old Mr Boston apricot brandy every month for her cough.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think this is one of those lists that if you answer yes to even one question, you have a drinking problem.
Yep. It was drink alone. So, if I have a beer with lunch after doing yardwork and no one else is home, technically, I drink alone. I’m not particularly worried.

Reaction Score
I only drink if I am alone or with somebody.

If I recall correctly, Prank used to bring some demon pirate home brewed rum to the BYC's. Thus the overturned golf cart.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
This list is a complete joke. One of the reasons I've always been skeptical about medical professionals and their advice.

In my 20's, I would have answered YES to 10.
Now, I can answer YES to 3 - 7, 11, and 16. And those questions are laughable IMO.

7 - Do you turn to "lower companions or environment" when drinking? What a joke question. This assumes what? We're all at least middle class and drinking in some snobby country club? I answered YES because I still hit up The Federal on game days and I have a wide group of friends that includes people who live and work in all areas, and have all levels of income. That must make me susceptible to alcoholism.

11 - Do you crave a drink at a certain time daily? YES, and it's not anywhere near noon. I look forward to a beer or two at night after I've handled all of my work and responsibilities. That's so crazy.

16 - Do you drink alone? YES, sometimes my wife or friends aren't around when I drink at night while eating dinner and watching the game. WOW! And this assumes what? Everyone is married or has a companion/roommates? Do pets count?

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I like those questions just fine. Yes to 16, at least some of the time. I had to write reviews and rate three unlabeled Armagnac's last night, as I'm helping to pick a cask to be bottled. Does that count as "alone" if my daughter was watching Clone Wars in the room at the same time?

17 samples, 9 Cognacs, 8 Armagnacs. Only 3 more to go. The Cognac we picked is still in cask from 1972. Going to run me $271 if I want a bottle though....oof. We are bottling 30 bottles of one still in cask from 1945. I'm not buying that, $436.

Reaction Score
This list is a complete joke. One of the reasons I've always been skeptical about medical professionals and their advice.

In my 20's, I would have answered YES to 10.
Now, I can answer YES to 3 - 7, 11, and 16. And those questions are laughable IMO.

7 - Do you turn to "lower companions or environment" when drinking? What a joke question. This assumes what? We're all at least middle class and drinking in some snobby country club? I answered YES because I still hit up The Federal on game days and I have a wide group of friends that includes people who live and work in all areas, and have all levels of income. That must make me susceptible to alcoholism.

11 - Do you crave a drink at a certain time daily? YES, and it's not anywhere near noon. I look forward to a beer or two at night after I've handled all of my work and responsibilities. That's so crazy.

16 - Do you drink alone? YES, sometimes my wife or friends aren't around when I drink at night while eating dinner and watching the game. WOW! And this assumes what? Everyone is married or has a companion/roommates? Do pets count?

Uhhh, you're an alcoholic.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
XLCenterFan

"One of the reasons I've always been skeptical about medical professionals and their advice".

How do you feel about brain surgery?
So if a Dr. tells me that if I drink alone, drink at The Federal, and look forward to a beer at the end of long day, that makes me an alcoholic. And I'm just supposed to blindly agree and say: "thanks Doc, you'e right about that, as well as everything else."

Reaction Score
So if a Dr. tells me that if I drink alone, drink at The Federal, and look forward to a beer at the end of long day, that makes me an alcoholic. And I'm just supposed to blindly agree and say: "thanks Doc, you'e right about that, as well as everything else."

Denial is a glaring symptom of alcoholism. Hope this helps you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom