OT: - Another Corona Drinking Question | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Another Corona Drinking Question

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The only time I ever drink soda is at a New Haven-area pizza joint. Always Foxon Park Gasossa. My kids like the White Birch.
Both are my go tos. I like the grape too.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
With the invention of session ales, one can drink everyday and not have a problem. I have been sticking to the lower alcohol content beers lately, and I barely get drunk.

Harpoon has a new beer called Rec. League that is 4% alcohol. I have to drink like 10 to get bent, but I usually stop at like 3. Ive been on those a lot, in addition to Lil' Heaven and Little Cranky. The traditional, medical definition of alcoholism is a joke and needs to be reconsidered or updated.

Reaction Score
I learned a long time ago you never give numbers when asked, unless you want a lecture.

You say “social” or “occasional.”
Have to be really careful with medical professionals. They have zero sense of humor, and all sarcasm is verboten. I’ve learned the hard way more than once.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The only time I ever drink soda is at a New Haven-area pizza joint. Always Foxon Park Gasossa. My kids like the White Birch.
When I go to a local Manchester restaurant and they have Hosmer Mountain black cherry or birch beer I have to get it.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
No, your doctor keeps it real. Don’t ask him or her that question unless you want the real answer though.

The Boneyard is largely populated by drunks.
"Miller High Life swilling", if I remember the article correctly.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Agreed. If people actually went by the medical definition of alcoholism then I’d bet half of the US adult population would be considered alcoholics lol. Questions like “do you look forward to a drink at the end of the day” are equally as stupid as an indicator.

IMO, wanting to drink alcohol (conscious choice), even every day, isn’t alcoholism. Physically and/or mentally needing to drink alcohol (compulsory action) is when it crosses into “alcoholism” territory.
Definition of an Alcoholic: Someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Definition of an Alcoholic: Someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do.

I had a coworker who went to the principal and said I was an alcoholic.

"How do you know?"

"Every time I go to the package store, he's there!"

She was right. She had a cart full, and I was buying a pt of brandy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

"How do you know?"

For real? That is hysterical.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
For real? That is hysterical.

Karma bit her in the ass a week later. Somebody sprinkled bird see on the window ledge outside her classroom on the morning she was being observed by the principle. She had a hard time keeping the students' on task.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

"How do you know?"

In a past life I ran a package store. The true pros stopped in at 8 am to get enough vodka to get through another day.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
In a past life I ran a package store. The true pros stopped in at 8 am to get enough vodka to get through another day.

I'd drive by Kappys every morning on my way to work. Their parking lot had the same vehicles waiting for them to open: a painter's van, two yellow cabs, and three or four men on bicycles who I assumed lost their licenses due to DUIs. I actually gave the latter credit for not driving to get their daily fix.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Screenshot_20200714-142003.png

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
No, your doctor keeps it real. Don’t ask him or her that question unless you want the real answer though.

The Boneyard is largely populated by drunks.
It is important to note the difference between drunks and alcoholics.

Drunks go to bars.
Alcoholics go to meetings.

It's more fun being a drunk.

Reaction Score
Worked at a package store one summer. Amazed how many guys would come in, return enough cans to get a kinger and a nip, then head back out to get more cans.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Can I ask what a “package store” is? Just a liquor store? I’ve never heard the term until a bunch this thread.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You’re not from Connecticut, are you?

Yes, it’s just a liquor store. “Packy” for short.

I’m surely not, I assumed it was a local thing but I’d never even heard of it.

I tried to mess with a few of you about “soda” vs. “pop” earlier and no one bit.

But what does “package” have to do with liquor?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom