OT: - Another Corona Drinking Question | The Boneyard

OT: Another Corona Drinking Question

Reaction Score
Ok I have retired for year and a half. Live in NC which is a bad corona state. Take it very seriously, socialize with 2 other households who are as concerned as me. Leave house once a week for supermarket.
Are 3 bottles of wine and 1or 2 six packs a week too much? I normally drink alone (like Boyd Crowder In Justified)

ps. Ativan is great for any hangover.

I guess I drink maybe from boredom, anxiety with the pandemic, but mostly drinking and playing online cards is awesome.

anything for me to be concerned with? Please don’t respond with, “If you think you have a drinking problem then you probably do”.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Ok I have retired for year and a half. Live in NC which is a bad corona state. Take it very seriously, socialize with 2 other households who are as concerned as me. Leave house once a week for supermarket.
Are 3 bottles of wine and 1or 2 six packs a week too much? I normally drink alone (like Boyd Crowder In Justified)

I guess I drink maybe from boredom, anxiety with the pandemic, but mostly drinking and playing online cards is awesome.

anything for me to be concerned with? Please don’t respond with, “If you think you have a drinking problem then you probably do”.
It's all about how you feel and what you want. If you feel like crap and a part of you just doesn't want to do it anymore then you should stop. If you feel good then don't worry about it. Feel free to dm if you want to discuss further.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Short answer is by any definition, 3 bottles of wine and one or two six packs a week is beyond what any medical professional would say is normal or okay.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Short answer is by any definition, 3 bottles of wine and one or two six packs a week is beyond what any medical professional would say is normal or okay.

I learned a long time ago you never give numbers when asked, unless you want a lecture.

You say “social” or “occasional.”

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Short answer, that's not a crazy amount of alcohol, but it is more than what is recommended.

A .750 liter bottle of whine = 5 drinks, and a can of beer = 1 drink. If you chug the wine and beer quickly, it's far more of a problem than if you drink a glass or three of wine over the course of a day. Gotta give the liver time to do its job.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I learned a long time ago you never give numbers when asked, unless you want a lecture.

You say “social” or “occasional.”
That came back to bite me one time. For some reason one time I felt like being truthful and told a doctor I drink 3-4x a week. I used to always lie. A year later I tried to get disability insurance and got denied because it was in my medical records. I'll never tell a doctor the truth again.

Reaction Score
I think you'll get chastised here only if you told us they were 6ers of corona

Otherwise, carry on and peruse the multitude of BY booze recommendation threads floating around

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

sounds like a great day. Step it up.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

You're retired. What else you gonna do?

Reaction Score
The pandemic started me drinking way more. I admit it. I just get bored and I find alcohol makes boring times into fun times. I can definitely stop, but not when there is booze readily available and I’ve got nothing to do. I need to go somewhere and do something or I’ll start to think about having a few.

I’ll have to get myself into a healthy routine soon as I’ve gained about 10lbs since March.

Reaction Score

I know many Docs who drink more than that!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom