Anglin announcing Wednesday | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Anglin announcing Wednesday

Reaction Score
Fight? Maybe but in the end, it comes down to playing time and there is a lot more of that available at GT. I suppose a fighter's chance but looking to just manage expectations. We will know shortly.

Fair enough. Anglin is a heck of a player and would love to see him in a UConn uniform. But having him stay in conference at GTown is not bad either. A competitive GTown is good for the Big East.

Reaction Score
If he ends up at GTown I really, really hope we don’t swing and miss on Karaban, especially considering his ability to shoot.

Reaction Score
Regardless of the decision, I respect the kid for not making a big show out of this. I get that kids like the attention and want to do their list of 10, list of 5, etc. It's all about marketing yourself and the dog and pony show is part of it. But there's something that I respect about just taking your visits, keeping it close to the vest, and just saying "this is my decision" once he's made up his mind.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
talent? confidence? class? an 'organized mind?' that would be mr cam whitmore, who, when first noted here, was 100+ in rank, and those rankings, like many others from the experts, were appropriately mocked here. some of those 'expert' sites say we might still be in the hunt, idk, but i sure hope so since 'UConn: “It's been going good, they said they're recruiting me for the guard position' was said once upon a time.
'The one thing that everybody I have spoken with can agree upon is that Whitmore and his family are pretty straightforward people and that his recruitment is one without many outside or complicating influences. '
UCLA Offers Nations No. 30-Ranked Prospect Cam Whitmore (247sports.com)
some now have him at 30. how do u go from 100+ to 30? couch surfing is not an olympic sport.
face it, the explosion of online hoops experts is mostly just hot air hookers lookin for clickbait. cf 'the nba draft.'
give me 6'6'' 2 guards who score at will, rebound like machines, know where every single player on the floor is, and being of top shelf character, all day long and twice on sundays. please.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No surprise, it's Georgetown

Love this edit by Tipton. It's weird, I feel like some of them look wacky and some others look clean. Maybe it's a reflection of the input from the players themselves.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We successfully recruited Akinjo under different circumstances, lost him to Georgetown, and he went on to Arizona, and now Baylor.

We lost to Georgetown in recruiting Qudus Wahab, and he'll be at Maryland next season.

And now we more or less lost Denver Anglin to Georgetown. His mixtape excited many including me, and his Peach Jam performance confirmed the coaching staff's good early eye.

Not devastated.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
My grandma knows his great grandma. He ain’t coming here
u have now reached 'insider status.' rarified air. get movin on that nil thing as times awastin, fame is fleeting, and before u know it, the masses will be chanting 'what have u done for me lately?' lol.

Reaction Score
Maybe the best three point shooter in the class, we need more three point shooting. Always trust the staff and this feels like a playing time thing but a 3 point sniper would certainly play here.
We for sure need a 3 point sniper and he would have fit that bill. But he would have had a hard time breaking through this year for playing time with the guards we currently have.

Reaction Score
So, will playing time concerns be a hangup with Starling as well? I'm sure the staff will do everything they can to get him here. And, as a higher rated player, maybe he'll feel that he can take someone else's PT. If not, I think they'll be looking for a grad transfer that can shoot the 3 to fill the spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom