Angel Reese Narrows List to 5 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Angel Reese Narrows List to 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wasn't this the kind of thinking that sent Mompremier to Baylor after Kalani Brown had already committed? Alas, the presence of Kalani merely transformed Mompremier into a career back-up at Baylor. And, there is no guarantee that the absence of Cox would have changed Mompremier's position at Baylor either.

Possibly but I'm sure Dawn will be straight with her if she wants Angel to play her inside. Havent heard that about Mompremier wanting to be a perimeter player.

Reaction Score
Possibly but I'm sure Dawn will be straight with her if she wants Angel to play her inside. Havent heard that about Mompremier wanting to be a perimeter player.
Mompremier wanted to play the 4, so she figured at Baylor, she would never play the 5 with Kalani there.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Like it's been said in this thread. If she wants to win championships the only school in her 5 that has a shot is South Carolina. The rest not so much.

Maryland is going to be loaded in a couple of years if Brenda can prevent her big time players from transferring. I'd think they're the favorite based on location and roster makeup. Reese would slide in well at the 3 there.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Maybe Paige Bueckers should stay home a few more years to mature and can then decide where to go to school when she has a logical foundation to base her choice off of instead of making an emotional decision. Gimme a break.
well said...

Reaction Score
UConn hasn’t been a factor for Reese for some time. She put out her final 10 list back in August and UConn wasn’t on it then. She since dropped Baylor, Louisville, Rutgers, Texas, UCLA, and UVA, while adding SoCal.

When will she announce her Top 3 list? ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wasn't this the kind of thinking that sent Mompremier to Baylor after Kalani Brown had already committed? Alas, the presence of Kalani merely transformed Mompremier into a career back-up at Baylor. And, there is no guarantee that the absence of Cox would have changed Mompremier's position at Baylor either.

Mompremier to Baylor with Kalani Brown was a foolish decision; as was Jatarie White to SC with Aja Wilson. Those kids could have been starters at other schools. They foolishly joined more talented friends, playing their same positions, when making their college selections.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Mompremier to Baylor with Kalani Brown was a foolish decision; as was Jatarie White to SC with Aja Wilson. Those kids could have been starters at other schools. They foolishly joined more talented friends, playing their same positions, when making their college selections.
That may be true for White, but I’m not sure about Mompremier. Brown was a “project” when she got to Baylor. Early on in their sophomore season, Mompremier started at Baylor with Brown coming off the bench. By the end of the season, the situation was reversed and Mompremier was splitting PT with freshman Cox off the bench.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Fudd and Prince committed to UConn? That’s news to me...

My thoughts exactly. Last I heard, Fudd was at Maryland's Elite Camp. Do committed players usually attend the Elite day camps of rival P5 schools?

Perhaps Fudd to UConn is inevitable... but I don't think so just yet. She's getting her fair sure of insight into all of the top programs.. Notre Dame, UConn, Maryland, South Carolina, etc.

Reaction Score
That's interesting.
Her saying she wants to play her position doesn't fit with her coach's comment: "What colleges like is that she's a positionless player," Shelton said. "She can guard everybody, and she can score on anyone."
Does POSITIONLESS PLAYER' mean she has no clue where her position is supposed to be? Hasn't Uconn lived through this one recently???

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I keep reading posters saying yeah UConn lost another big. Yeah I guess all the NC's were because we lost all those other kids?????

Reaction Score
She better pick MD quick because they are losing a scholarship for the next 3 years for NCAA violations.
They will have five scholarships open for the 2020 class. Freese would definitely keep one open for Reese I would guess. I think they have a great shot with Madison Scott too. Helps when you’re in a hotbed like the DMV.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I keep reading posters saying yeah UConn lost another big. Yeah I guess all the NC's were because we lost all those other kids?????
Tony those trophies are getting a lil dusty

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

At least Mompremier made a wise decision about her transfer destination... and it has worked out well for her. White on the other hand :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom