Aneesah Morrow list | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This year they averaged 11,143 and had 4 home games over 14,000 AND have increased ticket sales for next year based on their success this year. My attendance gues is they will averag 12,000 next year and at least 7 games of 14,000+ This is as passionate a fan base as there is.
They've already had requests for 13,200 season tix for next year; had to pause sales to formulate strategy for student access and other situations before they were entirely sold out at 15,000.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
just doesn't seem like the right fit............I'm still thinking South Carolina, LSU, ND or Maryland but what do I know....
Great minds Charlie……..great minds. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score

Carnac

Reaction Score
Yeah, we need a scorer/rebounder, but I had trouble seeing how she'd mesh with Caitlin after being top dog @ Depaul for 2 years. We'll never know. They do need another proven player; expecting our reserves to upgrade to the point they'd match Czinano and Warnock is a longshot.
I gotta go with Nan on this one. Not enough basketballs on the court at the same time for those two to play together. One would have to accept a subservient role in order to play together. There can only be one queen bee in the hive at a time. You know that’s not going to happen. Morrow has too many other options to even remotely consider going to Iowa. :cool:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
None of Morrow’s final 3 make sense to me. At LSU & SC she’ll play second fiddle to Reese & Cardoso respectively. USC is not and will not be a major basketball power anytime soon. USC = DePaul West?

Iowa made the most sense. The Hawkeyes desperately need a low post threat to replace Czinano and complement Clark. Morrow would have been able to basque in some of the notoriety generated by Clark and the Hawkeye faithful are some of the most rabid fans in WBB.

Oh well, I guess we’ll see where Ms Morrow ends up. Time will tell how it all works out.

I think she slides in at SC extremely well. Cardoso is a beast but she scores off layups and putbacks inside, Morrow is a very different player and a lot more skilled offensively away from the basket. She could take over Cooke's go to/playmaker role when it's late in the shot clock and pair well playing with Cardoso inside. Dawn has as good a track record as anyone at developing frontcourt talent too.

LSU I don't think makes much sense, but South Carolina and LSU are 2 of the most high profile programs in the country so she'll get a lot of exposure and play for proven coaches.

USC also makes a lot of sense from NIL and the program being up and coming. 2 years of Morrow/Watkins could put them in the top 10 if they have other pieces to fill out the roster. Culture wise, going from Chicago to LA has more similarities too than going from Chicago to Baton Rogue or Columbia. I hope she picks SC because I think they need an offensive presence like her to be a legitimate contender to UCONN next year (assuming everyone is healthy).

Reaction Score
I think she slides in at SC extremely well. Cardoso is a beast but she scores off layups and putbacks inside, Morrow is a very different player and a lot more skilled offensively away from the basket. She could take over Cooke's go to/playmaker role when it's late in the shot clock and pair well playing with Cardoso inside. Dawn has as good a track record as anyone at developing frontcourt talent too.

LSU I don't think makes much sense, but South Carolina and LSU are 2 of the most high profile programs in the country so she'll get a lot of exposure and play for proven coaches.

USC also makes a lot of sense from NIL and the program being up and coming. 2 years of Morrow/Watkins could put them in the top 10 if they have other pieces to fill out the roster. Culture wise, going from Chicago to LA has more similarities too than going from Chicago to Baton Rogue or Columbia. I hope she picks SC because I think they need an offensive presence like her to be a legitimate contender to UCONN next year (assuming everyone is healthy).
But why would we want a "legitimate contender to UCONN next year?"

I believe we want {at least me anyway....} a TWELVETH National Championship, with double digit wins all the way through the National Championship game, up by 20 with less than 2 minutes to go would be most comfortable. I would like 2 or three [you choose] of the Huskies to be first team All-Americans this next year. Those awards usually take double digit wins against the BEST teams in the non-conference schedule [Big results in Big situations!]

I don't mind if occasionally a team or two are ahead at the end of the first period over the course of the regular season, as long as the women are comfortably ahead at the half and go to "afterburners" in the third quarter and into the fourth quarter...

Go Huskies!!! {...not so much for their [our] opponents....}

Reaction Score
This year they averaged 11,143 and had 4 home games over 14,000 AND have increased ticket sales for next year based on their success this year. My attendance gues is they will averag 12,000 next year and at least 7 games of 14,000+ This is as passionate a fan base as there is.
The Last official attendance numbers are from the 2021-2022 season, one season ago. Iowa averaged a bit over 8,000 that season.

Hawkeye site reports Iowa averaged around 10,700 for 2022-2023

Reaction Score
Great minds Charlie……..great minds. :)
Interesting thought on MD being in play for Morrow. Team has gone through a lot of transition and suspect the coach is highly motivated to show improvement to what today is a good, not great, team.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Originally I was also thinking ND - more exposure, still in the midwest, however guess there are other factors at play. I'm guessing USCal
I’m just throwing some uneducated guesses out there. I have no idea where she wants to go. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
At 6'1 I would think Morrow would want to play more outside and less inside. She would be great inside but there are to many players who are taller then her. I saw her shoot alot more from the outside this past season and perhaps that was to let coaches know she has and wants to play outside more while still being effective inside. Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Here we go again….more predictions like recently.
South Carolina unbeatable etc etc ….now is LSU

Angel Reese Might Lead A Superteam at LSU Next Season
Though I would welcome it…. I’m gonna guess LSU grabs Hailey Van Lith and Morrow goes to SC/USC

I’m sure Kim could make Morrow work but my gut says she knows she won’t get nearly as many touches as she would want if she ended up in BR. Although I don’t know what her full intentions are.

Despite my team being the beneficiary of the portal, I haven’t been a fan of how NIL/portal have changed college athletics as a whole. But it’s not like everyone else isn’t trying to do the same thing either. There is no guarantee the recruits you sign are going to stay year by year so everyone is having to utilize the portal as well

The most talented teams don’t always win. LSU was probably the third most talented team in the SEC (behind SC and TN) and they pulled it off. Chemistry, staying healthy, lucky, and getting hot at the right time are vital for championship runs

Reaction Score
The only landing spot for Morrow that would worry me is South Carolina. While the team style and reduced playing time does not seem to fit her, a signing would mean a mutual commitment between Morrow and Dawn Staley that could result in a more focused player. One whose main goal was a National Championship, not personal gain. One on one, UConn has the players to defend her but Dawn could improve her overall end results versus points.

Reaction Score
Here we go again….more predictions like recently.
South Carolina unbeatable etc etc ….now is LSU

Angel Reese Might Lead A Superteam at LSU Next Season
Lot of chatter about Morrow going to LSU (Her final choices LSU, USC, & S Car) I think Hailey Van Lith is about to commit to LSU. Hailey Van Lith & Moorow would be nice upgrades replacing LSU 2nd round draft choices LaDazhia Williams (10 PPG 6 RPG) and Alexis Morris (15.4 PPG 4 APG). 2nd & 3rd fiddle? In a great orchestra the 1st violin is the best, but 2nd and 3rd are also very good. Like Mulkey or not she could contain the egos. Throw $500,000 in NIL money and it could happen.

FWIW Laeticia Amihere never started a game this year for SC but was drafted 8th overall. Bigger prize? Sum of the parts?

In my opinion Kim Mulkey just became the top coach in WCBB. 2nd year in she won a championship. She has used NIL and the Transfer Portal perfectly, while everyone complained about her weak strength of schedule. I'm glad she cut down the net and not Staley. If SC had run the table we would be hearing about the best team ever assembled ad infinitum.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
The only landing spot for Morrow that would worry me is South Carolina. While the team style and reduced playing time does not seem to fit her, a signing would mean a mutual commitment between Morrow and Dawn Staley that could result in a more focused player. One whose main goal was a National Championship, not personal gain. One on one, UConn has the players to defend her but Dawn could improve her overall end results versus points.

Reaction Score

Considering we expect a Morrow decision pretty soon, this could be the birdie Dawn is talking about. On the other hand I don't quite see the fit there from Morrows standpoint. They have two very talented 6-3 players who put up great numbers in limited minutes and of course Cardosa. I guess Morrow would make it a 4 big rotation, so I guess it could work, but look at how Dawn distributed minutes last year.

Nobody played 30 minutes a game and a lot of the starters were around 25. They probably had more blowouts than they will next year, but not a big difference, so could Morrow be happy with that even assuming she starts?

Anyway despite who obviously could be the birdie, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a guard instead. There are several difference makers out there, and I expect both LSU and SC to pick up one.

Reaction Score
Considering we expect a Morrow decision pretty soon, this could be the birdie Dawn is talking about. On the other hand I don't quite see the fit there from Morrows standpoint. They have two very talented 6-3 players who put up great numbers in limited minutes and of course Cardosa. I guess Morrow would make it a 4 big rotation, so I guess it could work, but look at how Dawn distributed minutes last year.

Nobody played 30 minutes a game and a lot of the starters were around 25. They probably had more blowouts than they will next year, but not a big difference, so could Morrow be happy with that even assuming she starts?

Anyway despite who obviously could be the birdie, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a guard instead. There are several difference makers out there, and I expect both LSU and SC to pick up one.
Morrow was at the real USC this weekend. I don’t think it was her

Reaction Score
Lot of chatter about Morrow going to LSU (Her final choices LSU, USC, & S Car) I think Hailey Van Lith is about to commit to LSU. Hailey Van Lith & Moorow would be nice upgrades replacing LSU 2nd round draft choices LaDazhia Williams (10 PPG 6 RPG) and Alexis Morris (15.4 PPG 4 APG). 2nd & 3rd fiddle? In a great orchestra the 1st violin is the best, but 2nd and 3rd are also very good. Like Mulkey or not she could contain the egos. Throw $500,000 in NIL money and it could happen.

FWIW Laeticia Amihere never started a game this year for SC but was drafted 8th overall. Bigger prize? Sum of the parts?

In my opinion Kim Mulkey just became the top coach in WCBB. 2nd year in she won a championship. She has used NIL and the Transfer Portal perfectly, while everyone complained about her weak strength of schedule. I'm glad she cut down the net and not Staley. If SC had run the table we would be hearing about the best team ever assembled ad infinitum.
Didn't Shakespeare have a play titled,"The Moorow of Venice'?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom