Aneesah Morrow list | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow list

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I work with a lot of Iowa fans in Cedar Rapids and they are convinced the Hawkeyes are getting Morrow, which they can offer a lot, including 14,000+ fans a game.

Reaction Score
I work with a lot of Iowa fans in Cedar Rapids and they are convinced the Hawkeyes are getting Morrow, which they can offer a lot, including 14,000+ fans a game.
Wanting something to be true is not the most subjective point of view. I'd love to have her, but if she signed with Iowa I'd be more than shocked.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

It's easy to squeeze an extra 4,000 fans in your building when you don't have to make room for Rings, Trophies and Banners.

:)

Reaction Score
Too bad there is only 1 ball.
The reality is if Morrow goes to another top program to compete for a national title, she will not be taking nearly as many shots as she is in DePaul. Maybe she is okay with that? I don’t know what her intentions are but her top 3 should say a lot soon. Given her teasing, sounds like it’s gonna be from SC, Iowa, Maryland, LSU, Norte Dame, and I’ll throw Ole Miss into the pot because of Coach Yo

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Waiting on Morrow to release her list……

151940F0-E839-4839-9A9B-DA48BFB4B727.png

Reaction Score
The reality is if Morrow goes to another top program to compete for a national title, she will not be taking nearly as many shots as she is in DePaul. Maybe she is okay with that? I don’t know what her intentions are but her top 3 should say a lot soon. Given her teasing, sounds like it’s gonna be from SC, Iowa, Maryland, LSU, Norte Dame, and I’ll throw Ole Miss into the pot because of Coach Yo
I agree, IMO Morrow is not a good fit for Iowa, unless she's willing to take a drastic cut in her attempted number of shots, doing so will take a hit in her point scoring average. The other stat taking a hit for Morrow would be the amount of threes she took this past season, at one made for every four times (.254)....why, when you have a three machine on the court.

1682076799040.png

Reaction Score
Not sure what this even means.. if you’re referring to Clark, she lead the leagues or was pretty to it in assists
Both Clark and Morrow like to shoot, a lot. Both are pretty good at, and sometimes feel a bad shot by them is better than an unguarded one from someone else.

Reaction Score
It means CC's PPG would go down.
You're forgetting that we lost our 2nd leading scorer this year so I'm not sure how you think Caitlin's PPG would drop when morrow would be brought into replace those points that are lost. With that being said, I don't think she will becoming to Iowa. I would be concerned about team chemistry. I know Lisa always takes into consideration how the current players mesh with portal players.

Reaction Score
well I got two out of three right..........if she wants max minutes she sure doesn't want South Carolina and I think Kim played a lot of her bench last year too if I remember correctly....

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Ok, so out of the three schools, is the question of which school needs her skills the most, mutually inclusive of where she will maximize her experience? In looking at current rosters, where will she make the most impact?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Not surprised she has SC and LSU as her top choices. I always thought she would be a good fit in either of those schools. USC…..no. Of all the other top-ranked programs in the Midwest and East, how did USC sneak in there? She would play but would get very little national exposure and the chances of making the NCAA tournament are slim. But who knows?

Maybe USC WBB head coach Lindsey Gottlieb made her an offer that was hard to not consider. Maybe she wants to play with the incoming #1 ranked recruit in class 2023, and the Gatorade NPOY, Judea "Juju" Watkins.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sorry @Bjbod It might be the best thing for Iowa in the long run though. There are other bigs in the portal that would be happy to be role players
Yeah, we need a scorer/rebounder, but I had trouble seeing how she'd mesh with Caitlin after being top dog @ Depaul for 2 years. We'll never know. They do need another proven player; expecting our reserves to upgrade to the point they'd match Czinano and Warnock is a longshot.

sun

Reaction Score
I'd like to see her play with Juju at SoCal.
But she probably won't go there if the NIL offerings aren't large enough to entice her.
^^^^
Morrow is from a big city!

Reaction Score
She could have just cut to the chase and said my top 2 are LSU and South Carolina.
Eh, while it likely comes down to these 2 schools. USC is a threat because it does give her the opportunity to put up a lot of shots and do some of the things she did while at Depaul. On the other hand, if she went to SC or LSU, she would not be shooting near that volume. Dawn/Kim will make sure of it thats its about the team and that trumps individual play/stats

But I'm curious exactly what she is truly looking for. Maintaining her stats? Exposure? NIL money? Chance to win a national title?

Reaction Score
She could have just cut to the chase and said my top 2 are LSU and South Carolina.
I think USC is a real good option. Especially with all the other talent in the portal. They have a very good coach who has been to a final 4. I'm not even sure how they were a tournament team this year but they played hard and had big wins. Nonetheless with her, juju, and marshall that's a legit team. If they could sign a point guard, (vet who can lead like Owens of Park lane), that's good company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom