Aneesah Morrow list | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My two pennies. Betts will stay out west.
Morrow - not a fit for UConn. There's a lot to be said for team chemistry. The men being a prime example this season.
She's got her pick of any "MAJOR" University here in the Pacific time zone. Any one of them would love to have her. Perhaps she wants a change of scenery. Remember USC and UCLA are leaving the PAC-12 and going to the BIG 10 Conference effective August of 2024.

From Google: Crosstown rival programs USC and UCLA both announced in the summer of 2022 that they will leave the Pac-12 Conference for the Big Ten on August 2, 2024. [LINK] That move will raise the number of schools in the BIG 10 to 16. [LINK]

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score

Anybody wanna bet she doesn't end up at one of these two programs? :eek:

My money is on SC. They know how to close the deal on players they really want...i.e. Aliyah Boston.​

April 12 — Aneesah Morrow: South Carolina, LSU among suitors​

The former DePaul star has been contacted by 33 different schools, she told ESPN on Wednesday. Among them are 2023 national champion LSU, 2022 national champion South Carolina, Notre Dame, Iowa, Maryland, USC, and Ole Miss.

Morrow has been among the top scorers in the country in each of the past two seasons. She plans to narrow her list to her top three destinations in the coming days, she revealed on Twitter.

Several other transfers have announced their destinations, including Jordyn Oliver, who is leaving Duke for Vanderbilt, and Kyndall Hunter, who is departing Texas for Texas A&M.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe it’s my impatience talking, but I’d just like to get on with this already.
I honestly didn't care much about the top 3 but dang this is such a tease. But more power to her. I have no place to tell her to not do it. This is probably the first time she has really been sought out heavily after and seems to be enjoying it. Much different than her HS recruiting process which was more low key.

Reaction Score

Anybody wanna bet she doesn't end up at one of these two programs? :eek:

My money is on SC. They know how to close the deal on players they really want...i.e. Aliyah Boston.​

April 12 — Aneesah Morrow: South Carolina, LSU among suitors​

The former DePaul star has been contacted by 33 different schools, she told ESPN on Wednesday. Among them are 2023 national champion LSU, 2022 national champion South Carolina, Notre Dame, Iowa, Maryland, USC, and Ole Miss.

Morrow has been among the top scorers in the country in each of the past two seasons. She plans to narrow her list to her top three destinations in the coming days, she revealed on Twitter.

Several other transfers have announced their destinations, including Jordyn Oliver, who is leaving Duke for Vanderbilt, and Kyndall Hunter, who is departing Texas for Texas A&M.
Yeah, if I were betting that’s where I’d put my money too. The other possibility imo would be ND. Skill wise, Iowa could certainly use her but I’m not sure she and CC could coexist as they both are so ball-dominant. Iowa has a promising post on the way named Ava Heiden who imo is going to be a star but Morrow’s rebounding (and scoring) would more than fill the void left by Czinano’s departure.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Morrow seems like an odd pick up for South Carolina. What does she add that they are missing? Rebounding? Not so much. Inside scoring? Again, not really a need. She is an inefficient outside shoot which, again, they don't need more of. And she is terrible defensively.

Seems like a big ego to add to a roster that likely has 5-6 more talented players already with overlapping skill sets. I just don't know why Dawn would want her considering what she already has and what's missing.

LSU makes a bit more sense but I don't know that it makes sense for Morrow to go from being the star of an offense to becoming more of a role player behind Reese/Flau'Jae/Williams/Hailey Van Lith(potentially).

I also think her banging down low works in the Big East but I question how well her skillset translates to the SEC. I think there are other situations that make a lot for sense than Morrow and players that make much more sense for those teams.
Everything you mention has merit, and you make some very good points, but SC did contact her to ascertain if she has any interest in transferring to Columbia. There is no doubt in my mind that they would welcome her with open arms and a BIG smile :D should she choose to accept their invitation. I think SC and LSU are the top front-runners.

Carnac

Reaction Score
She seems to be really enjoying the attention. If I were a Coach, this would instantly deter me. Seems like Free Agency at this point.

Morrow is loving all of the national attention she getting. It wasn't like this two years ago. Hardly anyone knew who she was. She probably already knows her next destination but is simply stalling to bask in the glory and attention her transfer to the portal has generated. :p

sun

Reaction Score
I'd like to see her play with Juju at SoCal.
But she probably won't go there if the NIL offerings aren't large enough to entice her.

Reaction Score
I think he is making another big mistake not taking one of these top players transfering this year like he did last year. It did cost us.
“Taking????” Who says any of those “top players” are interested? Yeah, I know UConn is THE program in WBB but . . .

For next year, UConn is also one of the deepest. Most of these “top players”, if not all, want to step into a spot that has been vacated due to graduation or transfer. They don’t want to transfer into a team where they might not start.

Reaction Score
She seems to be really enjoying the attention. If I were a Coach, this would instantly deter me. Seems like Free Agency at this point.

If the number of mentions of a particular school is any indication of where she’s going then my guess for her top 3 would be South Carolina, Notre Dame, and Maryland.

Kat

Reaction Score
I'd like to see her play with Juju at SoCal.
But she probably won't go there if the NIL offerings aren't large enough to entice her.
SoCal football is an NIL machine that has been reaping in transfers. I'd expect their WBB program to do the same. Wherever she goes, it all comes down to NIL $$$.

Reaction Score
I think he is making another big mistake not taking one of these top players transfering this year like he did last year. It did cost us.
Who would you "take"? Not that it's as simple as that.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
“Taking????” Who says any of those “top players” are interested? Yeah, I know UConn is THE program in WBB but . . .

For next year, UConn is also one of the deepest. Most of these “top players”, if not all, want to step into a spot that has been vacated due to graduation or transfer. They don’t want to transfer into a team where they might not start.
Approximately one year ago, Lou committed to UConn, and the roster was at a pretty good looking 11 players:
Seniors - Aubrey, Dorka, Lou
Juniors - Paige, Aaliyah, Nika
Sophomores - Amari, Caroline, Azzi
Freshmen - Isuneh, Ayanna

Paige and Ice were healthy. Lou was intended to be guard support from the bench. Inês and Jana weren't even on the radar. I'm thinking the staff were pretty content with the roster at that point. Fast forward to today with 14 players:
Seniors - Aubrey, Paige, Aaliyah, Nika
Juniors - Amari, Caroline, Azzi
Sophomores - Inês, Isuneh, Ayanna
Freshmen - Kamorea, Jana, Qadence, Ashlynn

So, if this year's thought process was similar to last year, it goes on the presumption that everyone will be healthy and playing in October. Betting that the staff knows how Paige & Ice's rehab is going, and where they will be projected to be health wise in the fall. Exactly who is going to take a back seat to a transfer, which would make it a 15th player?

Reaction Score
Excuse me for saying, exactly what mistake did Geno really do last year? He did "take" Lou last year...where's the mistake there? If only Geno had a crystal ball to foresee all the injuries last season. By "taking" you assume all Geno has to do is ask?

Reaction Score
I expect UConn is a particularly unattractive destination for transfers who want more playing time I include NIL ambitions here — you can’t make the big bucks if you don’t play. On the other hand, transfers seeking a better team, a chance to play for an NC contender, and self development as a player, UConn is probably an attractive destination. I also expect few players fit the latter profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom