2020 Recruiting: - Andre Jackson Top 5 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Andre Jackson Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Potential result aside, I’m just curious what changed so fast here. Go from in great shape to making his top 5 to all these crystal ball picks. Hurley was on this kid like a hawk. Welp recruiting is fluid and who knows what goes on behind the scenes

Reaction Score
The initial Cuse narrative was we were being mentioned with recruits bc Hurley was leaking false info. After signing a handful of these kids, the narrative switches to the kids are pressured to commit because of the false info Hurley is leaking. Think about the logic for a second Cuse fans! A kid is not going to commit to a school he doesn't like because he read online they are the favorite! Honestly, it's probably only a couple of kids continuing this narrative on their board but it's hard to believe anyone is that wet brained.

And for all their Carey chatter, our insiders said we were out a month before he announced.

They should wait until Carey is a star leading them deep into the tournament before dumping on UConn's "inability" to sign him.

Reaction Score
Potential result aside, I’m just curious what changed so fast here. Go from in great shape to making his top 5 to all these crystal ball picks. Hurley was on this kid like a hawk. Welp recruiting is fluid and who knows what goes on behind the scenes
I care about shooting more than just about any other trait, so I haven’t been too high on Jackson (but I think defensively he has the potential to be great). If we were to land Richmond or Lane instead, I would be fine with that.

My issue would be that the staff spent more time recruiting Jackson than any other player in the class. Flushing that time down the toilet to miss on a player whose stock dropped all spring would be a bad look for Hurley. No two ways about that.

Reaction Score
I care about shooting more than just about any other trait, so I haven’t been too high on Jackson (but I think defensively he has the potential to be great). If we were to land Richmond or Lane instead, I would be fine with that.

My issue would be that the staff spent more time recruiting Jackson than any other player in the class. Flushing that time down the toilet to miss on a player whose stock dropped all spring would be a bad look for Hurley. No two ways about that.

I feel the exact same way.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Classic. The boneyard looked like idiots with Carey, then Cuse board looked like idiots with Akok, and now it’s the boneyard’s turn again. Maybe it’s time to stop acting like we know exactly what’s going to happen just because people air the rumor mill out.

Reaction Score
Cam Thomas has to be the first choice. Maybe if we're in a good spot with Cam, Andre doesn't want to come here as well. Maybe that's the logic? I'm good with either of them, with a preference toward Cam.
Different positions and very different players. Don’t think they have any impact on each other.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Cam Thomas has to be the first choice. Maybe if we're in a good spot with Cam, Andre doesn't want to come here as well. Maybe that's the logic? I'm good with either of them, with a preference toward Cam.

Cam should be target #1 if we have a real chance. I'm not sure I don't prefer Lane to Jackson. I get why Hurley wants a defensive difference maker, but shooting is king.

My wish list:
1. a C. Cliff or Cardwell. Williams?
2. Cam > Jackson = Lane > Langford.

Reaction Score
But what if the staff is keen on giving one spot to a C? Then they would have an impact on each other, no?
No, they’re planning on getting 3 commits still. I believe Borges even alluded to this last week in an article. It’s one over the allotment but they’re expecting a scholarship to free itself up one way or another.

Reaction Score
can someone please handicap the accuracy of the Storrs Central recruiting tracker regarding our remaining targets:

i'm under the impression hurley isn't after a PG and that williams and hugley never got much attention, but obviously I could be way off the mark.

Point Guards:
curbelo
mane

Wings:
thomas
jackson
lane
langford
richmond

Bigs:
cliff
jaylin williams
hugley

cardwell
gray
brown-ferguson (if he reclassifies)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
can someone please handicap the accuracy of the Storrs Central recruiting tracker regarding our remaining targets:

i'm under the impression hurley wasn't after a PG and that williams and hugley never got much attention, but obviously I could be way off the mark.

Point Guards:
curbelo
mane

Wings:
thomas
jackson
lane
langford
richmond

Bigs:
cliff
jaylin williams
hugley

cardwell
gray
Muscadin for bigs and we haven’t been recruiting Langford since the winter

If we miss on Jackson, wouldn’t be surprised if we offer Jordan Geronimo.

Reaction Score
It’s one over the allotment but they’re expecting a scholarship to free itself up one way or another.

i know this is taboo but since it's already out there...this must mean either gilbert does a grad-transfer (really hope not) or, wilson or adams leaves after this season.

dont think carlton, polley, or whaley would transfer and sit a year before their senior seasons in the big east, and none of the other guys have even played a game in a uconn jersey yet.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
i know this is taboo but since it's already out there...this must mean either gilbert does a grad-transfer (really hope not) or, wilson or adams leaves after this season.

dont think carlton, polley, or whaley would transfer and sit a year before their senior seasons in the big east, and none of the other guys have even played a game in a uconn jersey yet.
These guys are on campus 330 days a year. Any one of them could earn their degree in three years if they so desired. That would eliminate the transfer and sit and turn into the grad transfer and play rule.

Reaction Score

i'm under the impression hurley isn't after a PG and that williams and hugley never got much attention, but obviously I could be way off the mark.

Point Guards:
curbelo
mane

Wings:
thomas
jackson
lane
langford
richmond

Bigs:
cliff
jaylin williams
hugley

cardwell
gray

Premature ejection of jackson from that list.

Reaction Score

I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but I wouldn't be shocked if Gilbert looks to play professionally if he has a solid, injury-free season. If he can get paid after next year, I wouldn't blame him one bit for not risking injury at the college level once he has his degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom