2020 Recruiting: - Andre Jackson Top 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Andre Jackson Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Jalen doing his part

Reaction Score
Tried the link to the Syracuse site and found it amazing how UConn is in their heads. Regarding Jackson, they are beside themselves, 90% of the discussion is about how bad things are at UConn and they sound very worried.

And, even on their board it sure is "tough Chiefin'" check the following quotes:
"That dope Chief who is supposedly an insider was pretty confident he (Kofi) was going there."
"Even when it was clear that one kid who went to Illinois wasn't coming there, their inside guys (the one who refers to himself in the third person, freeking weirdo), kept saying all was well and he would ultimately end up at Uconn. Its the Bizarro world over there, you would think you were reading Duke or Kentucky's board. "

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The Syracuse site has UConn on their brains, what little they have.

The Zone gets you ready for the NBA....NOT

Reaction Score
Tried the link to the Syracuse site and found it amazing how UConn is in their heads. Regarding Jackson, they are beside themselves, 90% of the discussion is about how bad things are at UConn and they sound very worried.

And, even on their board it sure is "tough Chiefin'" check the following quotes:
"That dope Chief who is supposedly an insider was pretty confident he (Kofi) was going there."
"Even when it was clear that one kid who went to Illinois wasn't coming there, their inside guys (the one who refers to himself in the third person, freeking weirdo), kept saying all was well and he would ultimately end up at Uconn. Its the Bizarro world over there, you would think you were reading Duke or Kentucky's board. "

Only WE can talk about Chief that way. He’s our Chief! Go get your own!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Lol! We’re in each other’s heads. Which is one of the tragedies of being in different conferences. They were our biggest rival pre breakup.

They have a better landing place for the moment and it’s foolish to believe otherwise.

But the beauty and ugliness of life is constant change. As Heidi Klum says “one day you’re in, the next day you’re out.”

Early days of the BE UConn struggled. JC changed everything. No one predicted the success. Early in his tenure at UConn BC was arguably our biggest rival because JC is a Boston guy. That changed because of the lopsided number of wins we had against them.

Rivalries change. Circumstances change. No one knows the future. Financially we have not significantly improved heading to the NBE. Syracuse has that over UConn. The ACC is a better bb conference than the NBE although the discrepancy is much less than in comparison with the AAC.

UConn has a new coach who is bringing excitement to a fan base. JB is a hall of fame coach but has he peaked? Will the attraction of MSG and the greater number of northeast universities in the BE be a greater attraction to the recruits in the regions our coaches have strong recruitment connections and will that overcome the attraction of the Dome and the better overall conference teams? And last but not least, which university will end up being the top dog in their respective conferences? Syracuse will never because the nucleus of the ACC will never allow it. UConn, should Hurley turn the program around, will very likely accomplish this. Top dog programs get more buzz. Only the most passionate and knowledgeable people interested in a particular sport analyze things in the depth I’m taking here. Most recruits and their handlers are concerned about buzz.

Syracuse fans should be nervous. UConn fans should be excited.

Reaction Score
The cuse board is getting all riled up l. They think he's theirs to lose

Reaction Score
What's funny is all the talk of Hurley just releasing info himself to start rumors, when that's the complete opposite of what's been going on

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What's funny is all the talk of Hurley just releasing info himself to start rumors, when that's the complete opposite of what's been going on
Yeah they're convinced our staff is trying to spin the narrative. Which doesn't even help them in any way.

Reaction Score

It also makes no sense. Why would a player come to UConn because the coaches lied about his interest in the program?

If anything, the kid is going to cut the program from his list. No kid goes to a program they don't trust the coaches. His entire future in the sport hinges on this decision.

Reaction Score
It also makes no sense. Why would a player come to UConn because the coaches lied about his interest in the program?

If anything, the kid is going to cut the program from his list. No kid goes to a program they don't trust the coaches. His entire future in the sport hinges on this decision.
It's the most ridiculous of their dumb takes. That Hurley "pressures" guys to commit by starting false rumors that guys like us. Lol.

The best is the Syracuse posters who live in CT. Their hatred of us clouds whatever little judgement they have.

I can't believe kids don't want to go to a program where the head coach is in his mid 70s and they play a defense that the NBA laughs at.

Reaction Score
Lol! We’re in each other’s heads. Which is one of the tragedies of being in different conferences. They were our biggest rival pre breakup.

They have a better landing place for the moment and it’s foolish to believe otherwise.

But the beauty and ugliness of life is constant change. As Heidi Klum says “one day you’re in, the next day you’re out.”

Early days of the BE UConn struggled. JC changed everything. No one predicted the success. Early in his tenure at UConn BC was arguably our biggest rival because JC is a Boston guy. That changed because of the lopsided number of wins we had against them.

Rivalries change. Circumstances change. No one knows the future. Financially we have not significantly improved heading to the NBE. Syracuse has that over UConn. The ACC is a better bb conference than the NBE although the discrepancy is much less than in comparison with the AAC.

UConn has a new coach who is bringing excitement to a fan base. JB is a hall of fame coach but has he peaked? Will the attraction of MSG and the greater number of northeast universities in the BE be a greater attraction to the recruits in the regions our coaches have strong recruitment connections and will that overcome the attraction of the Dome and the better overall conference teams? And last but not least, which university will end up being the top dog in their respective conferences? Syracuse will never because the nucleus of the ACC will never allow it. UConn, should Hurley turn the program around, will very likely accomplish this. Top dog programs get more buzz. Only the most passionate and knowledgeable people interested in a particular sport analyze things in the depth I’m taking here. Most recruits and their handlers are concerned about buzz.

Syracuse fans should be nervous. UConn fans should be excited.

Yes, UConn was bad after Corny, Mike, and Alexinas graduated in in 82. Before that UConn was pretty good considering the Big East competition, I recall one year 21-9, and two other years 20-9. Corny's freshman year they lost to Cuse in the NCAA tournament.....And there was Norman Bailey, maybe the biggest disappointment ever in a UConn uniform, given his great talent.

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
“One of these things is not like the others...”

(Iowa...Iowa is not like the others here)
Amen, and uh-oh. I was thinking the same.

Reaction Score
The initial Cuse narrative was we were being mentioned with recruits bc Hurley was leaking false info. After signing a handful of these kids, the narrative switches to the kids are pressured to commit because of the false info Hurley is leaking. Think about the logic for a second Cuse fans! A kid is not going to commit to a school he doesn't like because he read online they are the favorite! Honestly, it's probably only a couple of kids continuing this narrative on their board but it's hard to believe anyone is that wet brained.

And for all their Carey chatter, our insiders said we were out a month before he announced.

Reaction Score
I like reading opposing teams message boards when they discuss UConn. Syracuse is my favorite because they do it often. When comparing themselves to us they all say the same thing, conference affiliation, the dome, etc.

They really like talking about how bad our recruiting/ future prospects are due to the AAC.
Yet when I dug into our recruiting vs theirs on a year by year basis over the past 4 years we have had consistently better classes. Why is that? Is it our history? Is it JB’s age/ the zone/ how ugly Orange is?

I honestly couldn’t tell you. But their narratives grow tired and are constantly evolving as things change.

For a long time Syracuse has hung onto the fact that their future is brighter than ours and we were nothing but our history.
At this point they can’t really say that for certain.

With JB nearing the end of his career, their recruiting is not going to improve anytime soon. They are in for a patch of uncertainty when JB retires and it will cause strife in their fan base. Honestly they should be thanking UConn for hiring KO because his tenure may help keep them from hiring GN as their next coach and allow them to do a real search.

Now that we landed a young, sought after, energetic coach who is pumping life into the program, they hate him. (His hiring was a recruiting battle in itself) They love trashing his sideline antics and are going as far as accusing him of hiring recruits parents/ handlers. They are all full of and would take his resume for their next coach in a second.

Now that we are headed to the BEAST they can no longer use the conference affiliation as an excuse, let’s see what they will come up with instead.
The ACC is great and playing Duke/UNC or Virginia every year is awesome. But I guarantee they miss playing all of their old rivals and definitely miss the BE tourney. (They def don’t miss playing us, search for the game thread from this past year and see for yourself)

Syracuse has had a hard on for us for a longtime and their message board makes me happy.
If AJ decides to play there it would make sense to me. His connection to the area and JG3 should be enough. If he decides to go to UConn to play with our talented young core/coach that will also make sense.

At this point I’m rambling because I ate a pot brownie 2 hours ago so I am going to try and sum this up.

Syracuse is bad, UConn is good.

4<1

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like reading opposing teams message boards when they discuss UConn. Syracuse is my favorite because they do it often. When comparing themselves to us they all say the same thing, conference affiliation, the dome, etc.

They really like talking about how bad our recruiting/ future prospects are due to the AAC.
Yet when I dug into our recruiting vs theirs on a year by year basis over the past 4 years we have had consistently better classes. Why is that? Is it our history? Is it JB’s age/ the zone/ how ugly Orange is?

I honestly couldn’t tell you. But their narratives grow tired and are constantly evolving as things change.

For a long time Syracuse has hung onto the fact that their future is brighter than ours and we were nothing but our history.

With JB nearing the end of his career, their recruiting is not going to improve anytime soon. They are in for a patch of uncertainty when JB retires and it will cause strife in their fan base. Honestly they should be thanking UConn for hiring KO because his tenure may help keep them from hiring GN as their next coach and allow them to do a real search.

Now that we landed a young, sought after, energetic coach who is pumping life into the program, they hate him. (His hiring was a recruiting battle in itself) They love trashing his sideline antics and are going as far as accusing him of hiring recruits parents/ handlers. They are all full of # 2 and would take his resume for their next coach in a second.

Now that we are headed to the BEAST they can no longer use the conference affiliation as an excuse, let’s see what they will come up with instead.
The ACC is great and playing Duke/UNC or Virginia every year is awesome. But I guarantee they miss playing all of their old rivals and definitely miss the BE tourney. (They def don’t miss playing us, search for the game thread from this past year and see for yourself)

Syracuse has had a hard on for us for a longtime and their message board makes me happy.
If AJ decides to play there it would make sense to me. His connection to the area and JG3 should be enough. If he decides to go to UConn to play with our talented young core/coach that will also make sense.

At this point I’m rambling because I ate a pot brownie 2 hours ago so I am going to try and sum this up.

4>1

This is scripture.

Reaction Score
Except.... he won’t. We will be in the BE when Jackson suits up for us.

Attachments

• 7620650A-4E3F-4AD6-BF97-28BEAAD00938.jpeg
    7620650A-4E3F-4AD6-BF97-28BEAAD00938.jpeg
    730.4 KB · Views: 368
Reaction Score

Now that we landed a young, sought after, energetic coach who is pumping life into the program, they hate him. (His hiring was a recruiting battle in itself) They love trashing his sideline antics and are going as far as accusing him of hiring recruits parents/ handlers. They are all full of # 2 and would take his resume for their next coach in a second.

4>1

Amazing post. Was not expecting the twist at the end with the pot brownie but it was so perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom