Andre Jackson to UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The AAC was a huge detriment to recruiting the players UConn was accustomed to go after - no question about that at all
However, The NBE is not the OBE and in that mind set, with the P5 set-up, the NBE teams are not the #1 conference as the OBE enjoyed so there will be a step back in attracting the elite
Is it a step up from the AAC - hell yes
With UConn back it’s only Cuse short of the old Big East
Pitt,WVA, and especially Cinncy, Louisville ,and USF were all outliers .
and Rutgers was Rutgers.
I hate to say this but BC also is a charter member

Reaction Score
Ollie had the #5 recruiting class in the nation while in the American.
Memphis has the #1 recruiting class in the country this year.
The concept that the AAC was a determent to recruiting is not supported by facts.
You're doing this again? Oliie didn't have the #5 class, it was the #8 class with a flyer. One of those kids was a CT. kid who came out of nowehere and got a good national ranking and another had a blown out knee. It's Penny and Memphis in a year where the #1 kid in the nation is a Memphis kid. Denying that recruiting to the Big East for us is not a better position than recruiting to the AAC is beyond dumb.

Reaction Score
The concept that the AAC was a determent to recruiting is not supported by facts.
Give it a rest. Great job beating out cuse. Great job by the staff. Welcome AJ.

Reaction Score
The kids reasoning for his choice make about as much sense as any commits comments I can think of. Extremely logical thought process which is beyond refreshing. Kudos to the kid for seeing thru all the nonsense

Reaction Score

I'm one who doesn't put much stock in the recruiting rankings. I think it's much more important to see who is trying to land the payers.

Vance Jackson was ranked very high for years prior to his last summer, and then suddenly his recruiting fell off. UConn did not have much competition for him, though I believe Cal was heavily in the picture.

Durham had his injury issues, and he too lost interest from his suitors.

Vital and Mamadou were out of the top 100 but good pickups that added points to the class ranking.

Alterique was legitimately a big get for Ollie, probably the top recruit in the last several years (Jalen Adams and Daniel Hamilton being the other two). But Alterique was from Georgia and probably not as keen on BE history as a kid like Jackson.

Reaction Score
From the Cuse board, coming to the realization on the resources/time spent and now denial.

"This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read. He’s worried about Girard and Buddy keeping him off the court? Any top recruit in the country is not afraid of completion. These guys fear no completion especially not someone yet to play his 1st college game.

The damage control is unreal. Coaches went balls to the wall for this kid for 3 years. They wanted him bad. No need to spin
. "
Seems like this guy is mixing in some Canadien in with his English. If they are not afraid of completion, does that make them afraid of INcompletion??

Reaction Score
His shot actually looked decent in 6th grade. What happened?
Sounds crazy but, possibly, puberty. If a kid is opposite-eye dominant, things can go south quickly. If a kid that is opposite-eye dominant is also somewhat OCD or he has has crappy coaches that force him to shoot a technically correct shot for players that are same-eye dominant, he will get messed up. The kids in this situation that adapt are the ones who either have knowledgable coaches or who are relaxed and make adjustments naturally until it clicks. Don't know if this is the case here or not. Just throwing out one possibly scenario.

Reaction Score
agreed

Reaction Score

Calhoun would be proud!

On a day like this I think of Calhoun, too.
A lot.
As much as things crumbled, we still have Gampel, the Werth Center, 4 Championship banners hanging from the ceiling, jerseys of NBA stars, and a fiery coach that wants to build on all of it.

I'll never forget how Calhoun made all that possible. He must be pleased too, to have hope that it all doesn't continue to crumble away.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Shoo shoo orange flu.
564EBC1C-DE8A-4469-B0E4-815C896BE969.png

Reaction Score
I wanted this one bad for two reasons:

First - it was clear that this was Dan Hurley's number one want for 2019-2020, and he beat out a hometown favorite that has watched Andre for over TWO years. I was at the KC Hardwood Classic two summers ago and the nose picker and g-mac were there watching Andre with no other coaches.

Second - I love @BFieldHusky and the info he provides, and I wanted this for him to shut up those Syracuse fans that constantly talk snow.

This is a great get for the program. We are headed back to where we belong.
Thanks @kansashusky.

Reaction Score
I also have never posted before (just religiously read this board every 2 hours) so figured I’d jump in on the fun. Currently a sophomore here at UConn, have been a die hard fan my whole life (Parents always had season tickets to Bball and Fb). One of the biggest deciding factors in me choosing UConn was the basketball program and how much it ment to me. I know we have one more season ahead...but i’ve been dreaming of walking into a Gample Big East matchup as a student, and with the team Hurley is throwing together who knows what we can do in the next 3 years! More importantly I can now trash talk my best friend whos at Xavier...!
Max

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I also have never posted before (just religiously read this board every 2 hours) so figured I’d jump in on the fun. Currently a sophomore here at UConn, have been a die hard fan my whole life (Parents always had season tickets to Bball and Fb). One of the biggest deciding factors in me choosing UConn was the basketball program and how much it ment to me. I know we have one more season ahead...but i’ve been dreaming of walking into a Gample Big East matchup as a student, and with the team Hurley is throwing together who knows what we can do in the next 3 years! More importantly I can now trash talk my best friend whos at Xavier...!
Max
Welcome. You're timing is perfect.

Reaction Score
Max
Are you getting a sense from your fellow students that they may be attending more games this year, especially with the new policy?

Reaction Score
Are you getting a sense from your fellow students that they may be attending more games this year, especially with the new policy?
100%, we are already planning on showing up to that 3PM florida game at 8am...There is buzz on campus promise you that! Honestly I hope we can get to the point where I have to campout to see a Nova-UConn game. That would be an awesome experience lol

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Max

There’s nothing like Gampel buzzing before a big conference rivalry game in the Big East. When we are good, the other team is good, our fans are going nuts, their fans are in the house because, ya know, they can actually drive to the game... It’s electric. Enjoy it! I’m jealous!

Reaction Score
THIS - we should not under-estimate Andre's words here.

The time has come to put the question of whether Hurley & Staff can recruit to bed, once and for all. Hurley and Tom Moore pulled this one out of the fire, plain and simple. GREAT job by them!

We WILL get one of the big men we are after... and now we once again have a fair chance at getting Cam Thomas again, if he does make it to campus next weekend (October 11th).

It feels totally awesome to have one of the best head coaches and staffs in all of college basketball again!
It is an ABSOLUTE MUST to get Cam on campus. Really hoping nothing blows up in the next eight days. Because I have this feeling that once he's here Hurley and staff will ensure he stays. Just my gut.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
100%, we are already planning on showing up to that 3PM florida game at 8am...There is buzz on campus promise you that! Honestly I hope we can get to the point where I have to campout to see a Nova-UConn game. That would be an awesome experience lol
Music to my ears! Any of you planning on being part of the universities official student section?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Max
Enjoy it man. Consider yourself lucky.

I stepped on campus in 2015 and graduated this year. Essentially there was a horrendous stench in Gampel Pavilion from the minute I walked on campus to the minute I left.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Music to my ears! Any of you planning on being part of the universities official student section?

I have CT friends that moved to Philadelphia & was wondering if I had to go through Ticketmaster. Does UConn usually release reserved tickets for sale? Any idea when I should be on the lookout for those to be released?

EDIT: @fleudslipcon read that exchange to fast- didn’t realize you were talking about the Florida game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69