Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN

Reaction Score
Very limited offensively. His offensive game won't translate in the NBA. No team will draft him in the 1st round because of his athleticism Longshot 2nd round pick. He'd be better off staying and developing his shot.

Reaction Score
It feels odd to take a pro-Ben Simmons position because he's a mental midget who's absolutely gone off the deep end between his ears but you're talking about a former #1 draft pick and NBA Rookie of the Year who, pre-injuries, was getting votes for NBA DPOY and was on an NBA All-Defense team.

Your second round take continues to be a strange one.
Simmons is absolutely outstanding player. Simmons is 5x the ceiling of Jackson. But Simmons needs to be a primary ball handler to be effective.

Jackson can play off ball as a cutter.

Second round pick…what don’t you understand? There are now 3 two-way contract roster spots available.

10 years ago — 450 slots in nba.

2023 —- 540 nba slots available.

Two way contracts are good for only two years. So, 60 players are drafted over a two year period for 90 two way spots. When you factor into draft and stashes…every 2nd rounder is at a minimum going to get a 1 year two way deal for $500k

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's smart to participate in workouts and see where you stand. And if you have a chance to chase your dreams, awesome

The worst thing to come of this is you learn what areas of your game you need to improve

Chase your dreams AJ

Reaction Score
What is cautionary? The reason Bouknight isn’t playing in Charlotte has nothing to do with his basketball ability, and everything to do with his professional behavior.

And, he got major money to sign in Charlotte.
It has to do with his basketball game, if he played well for them they would of course overlook his off the court stuff. Hell, they even overlooked it with his on court play being really bad.

He hasn't shown he can play D at this level yet and his shooting has been subpar.

He needs to mature on the court and off the court.

caw

Reaction Score
Simmons is absolutely outstanding player. Simmons is 5x the ceiling of Jackson. But Simmons needs to be a primary ball handler to be effective.

Jackson can play off ball as a cutter.

Second round pick…what don’t you understand? There are now 3 two-way contract roster spots available.

10 years ago — 450 slots in nba.

2023 —- 540 nba slots available.

Two way contracts are good for only two years. So, 60 players are drafted over a two year period for 90 two way spots. When you factor into draft and stashes…every 2nd rounder is at a minimum going to get a 1 year two way deal for $500k

Crazy to think there will be multiple NCAA players making more than some NBA guys.

Reaction Score
Crazy to think there will be multiple NCAA players making more than some NBA guys.
Yeah. If you have a social following, you might want to stay in school like Oscar Tschibwe did. But he also hurt his nba draft slot.

It can be complicated. For players whose brand is tied to college hoops (like a lot of women’s players) this is as good as it gets.

Thing with nba is the contract repeats. College? One year and it’s gone. If you can get on an nba squad, you take it. If you make the 15-man roster the minimum contact is worth over $1 million.

Every single player drafted either signed an nba contract or was a stash. I don’t think there were any cut second round picks.

Reaction Score
Yeah. If you have a social following, you might want to stay in school like Oscar Tschibwe did. But he also hurt his nba draft slot.

It can be complicated. For players whose brand is tied to college hoops (like a lot of women’s players) this is as good as it gets.

Thing with nba is the contract repeats. College? One year and it’s gone. If you can get on an nba squad, you take it. If you make the 15-man roster the minimum contact is worth over $1 million.

Every single player drafted either signed an nba contract or was a stash. I don’t think there were any cut second round picks.
The median net worth of Americans between ages 55 and 64 is $212,500. In your early 20s, if you can get on a NBA squad or get $500K NIL money, you take it.

Reaction Score
The median net worth of Americans between ages 55 and 64 is $212,500. In your early 20s, if you can get on a NBA squad or get $500K NIL money, you take it.
NIL is weird. You have legitimate social stars getting real-earned NIL money, and then there are players who get a defacto bag drop. I just don't know how long these bag drops, and promises that schools don't vet, will continue.

"Bag drops" are against NCAA rules. I think Baker will go after that. UConn has to stay away from any collective that wants to do a bag drop.

The rules are clear. NIL can't be offered as an inducement to commit, and NIL deals have to be market value. So you can't do an autograph or appearance for stupid amounts of money.

They are going to police this. All NIL deals have to be reported to the school's compliance office.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“Andre needed a little nudge,” Hurley said. “Look, he loves it here. His heart is here, his heart will always be here, but he owes it to himself, at this point in his career, with everything he has accomplished at his age, to really go for it right now, and to dive in full body and not have one foot in with us. Really go for it.”

“He needs our support,” Hurley said, “because he’s not going to be at his best in those NBA workouts, and I don’t think it’s right for his college coaches to be working against what’s in his best interests, as much as it is in UConn’s best interests.”

Alternate free access:
Trust between Dan Hurley and Andre Jackson Jr. goes right to UConn men’s championship core

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
“Andre needed a little nudge,” Hurley said. “Look, he loves it here. His heart is here, his heart will always be here, but he owes it to himself, at this point in his career, with everything he has accomplished at his age, to really go for it right now, and to dive in full body and not have one foot in with us. Really go for it.”

“He needs our support,” Hurley said, “because he’s not going to be at his best in those NBA workouts, and I don’t think it’s right for his college coaches to be working against what’s in his best interests, as much as it is in UConn’s best interests.”

Alternate free access:
Trust between Dan Hurley and Andre Jackson Jr. goes right to UConn men’s championship core
Still not sure what Danny means when he says AJ won’t be at his best in the workouts

Reaction Score
Still not sure what Danny means when he says AJ won’t be at his best in the workouts
He looks better in game situations where he can playmake for others and showcase hustle plays. His ball skills, finishing skills, and shooting skills are low relative to other NBA prospects.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but this doesn’t feel like the “wow” splash lots of us were projecting?

Reaction Score
andre is at the combine right now.

seeing on twitter that he posted a vertical of 39.5" (good for 4th place), finished 2nd in sprints, and hit 16/25 on spot-up threes.
Vertical drill is off two feet right? Andre jumps very good off two feet but is a world class jumper off one foot.

Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but this doesn’t feel like the “wow” splash lots of us were projecting?
I will gladly correct you....Not sure what kind of "splash you were expecting. 16/25 from NBA 3 line is a wow for AJ. Same a Grady. Standing vert is a bit of a low surprise, but one step vert is as expected.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Not to be a wet blanket but 16/25 in an empty gym isn't gonna change any minds. Dillon Mitchell shot 16/25 too and he didn't attempt a single 3 all season
Yeah I watched a few minutes of the 4v4 shooting (not sure this was counted in the 16/25 numbers) and he shot noticeably worse than anyone in the drill including some bad misses. If he makes the league it will have nothing to do with shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom