Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN

Reaction Score
If there's any UConn player the Celtics need, it's Hawkins. Their 3 point shooting is atrocious and lost them the series
There’s zero chance Hawkins falls to the Celtics though. Charles Barkley called it—the Celtics’ half court offense was dumb. Poor ball movement and just hoisting threes up from everywhere. Very little dribble penetration and collapsing the defense.

Reaction Score
IMO, if he's not guaranteed being chosen in the first round, there are a whole lot of reasons to come back for another year. If he doesn't improve his game at all, he'd still be an intriguing second round pick next year -- and if he adds some offense, he might work himself into the first round. Plus, I truly believe he loves being at UConn.
He should go. If he were to come back and didn’t improve his game, he would be a less intriguing player. The NBA draft is about potential. Working on your shot for a year, and failing to improve, provides additional info about your potential.

Not saying Andres won’t improve, just saying if you can get someone else to assume the risk you do it.

Reaction Score
He should go. If he were to come back and didn’t improve his game, he would be a less intriguing player. The NBA draft is about potential. Working on your shot for a year, and failing to improve, provides additional info about your potential.

Not saying Andres won’t improve, just saying if you can get someone else to assume the risk you do it.
That's all true - and exactly the reason why he shouldn't come back if he's guaranteed to be chosen somewhere in the first round.

But I still think my point stands. He'd still be at least a second round pick next season regardless. And whether he's chosen #35 or #50 doesn't really matter. He'd need to earn his way on to a roster regardless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom