Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Andre's smart enough to know that the assist there will impress NBA scouts more than a dunk.

Reaction Score
Andre's smart enough to know that the assist there will impress NBA scouts more than a dunk.
There was a man between the basket ans Andre. He would not have had an unconstest dunk.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
You know Andre would have pasted that skinny dude. It was a wide open path to a jam.
As much as we all desire Andre to posterize someone off the bounce Sticks-style v. Cincy, it's been proven time and time again that, despite his physical gifts, he doesn't have that in his game.

Tip dunks and alley oops all day. But he's not taking someone off the bounce and cranking it on their heads. Maybe next year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
As much as we all desire Andre to posterize someone off the bounce Sticks-style v. Cincy, it's been proven time and time again that, despite his physical gifts, he doesn't have that in his game.

Tip dunks and alley oops all day. But he's not taking someone off the bounce and cranking it on their heads. Maybe next year.
I don’t think people realize how rare actual poster dunks are.

Reaction Score
I believe they are going to the White House tomorrow.
Correct. So the entire team should be in CT.

Alternate access:
National Champion UConn men’s basketball team to make fifth White House visit Friday

Reaction Score

Quick AJ discussion starting around 27 min

I do think it’s probably in Andre’s best interest to stay in the draft. I will miss him in a UConn uniform but I think it’s probably the best move for him. I do disagree with the analysis that he couldn’t theoretically improve his stock or his shot. But I think the pluses of staying in the draft outweigh the minuses.

Reaction Score
My instinct is he's gone. But I'll say two things.

1. His stock becomes much, much higher if he can develop any semblance of a midrange jump shot.

2. He may want to come back to UConn unless economically it's just stupid to do so. If he didn't want to come back, he doesn't have to wait to the 31st to tell us.

I am still hopeful. We'll see.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to come up with a good reason for Andre to come back and I just don't see one.
There isn't a good reason for AJax to return to UConn if the feedback suggesting he is an late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder is believable. If I am Hurley, and I believe the feedback, I am almost pushing Andre out the door and revoking his scholarship out of compassion.

Go make that life changing money, Andre.

Edit 4 mins later:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm trying to come up with a good reason for Andre to come back and I just don't see one.
Gary Parish always makes the point that some guys just love playing for their school, and it isn’t as simple for them as “money.” They’re the gods of campus, playing prominent roles on national TV instead of floundering away in the irrelevant G league or potentially overseas, and in some cases making great money still. I wouldn’t be shocked if Andre comes back to defend his title, especially cause I don’t think aging up one more year will impact his 25-40 draft projection.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
My instinct is he's gone. But I'll say two things.

1. His stock becomes much, much higher if he can develop any semblance of a midrange jump shot.

2. He may want to come back to UConn unless economically it's just stupid to do so. If he didn't want to come back, he doesn't have to wait to the 31st to tell us.

I am still hopeful. We'll see.
Yeah I’d just say being able to focus on his scoring more for one more year could be helpful with the free reign to do it.

Woj was talking mid to late first in that podcast though and he can’t pass up that high of a grade.

Reaction Score
Vecenie/Spins on Game Theory did almost 10 minutes on Andre Jackson's draft decision. Vecenie clearly has talked to coaching staff recently, because he rattled off our recruits/names, had inside info on Jackson's shooting form approach from last offseason, and had to confirm if the stuff about Cam Spencer was public knowledge before he mentioned it (he also seemed to know we were looking at shooters plural, whether that's options or number, it's unclear from context). It's possible Jackson isn't getting the 1st round promise/contract he's looking for if Vecenie thinks this is the most interesting draft decision.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd love to have him back in the year, but given her the interest he's been getting, he should go. I could not feel happier for a kid. He's a great kid who gets to live his dream and become rich doing it.

Reaction Score
Vecenie/Spins on Game Theory did almost 10 minutes on Andre Jackson's draft decision. Vecenie clearly has talked to coaching staff recently, because he rattled off our recruits/names, had inside info on Jackson's shooting form approach from last offseason, and had to confirm if the stuff about Cam Spencer was public knowledge before he mentioned it (he also seemed to know we were looking at shooters plural, whether that's options or number, it's unclear from context). It's possible Jackson isn't getting the 1st round promise/contract he's looking for if Vecenie thinks this is the most interesting draft decision.

I know nba mock drafts aren't as good as nfl mocks but i looked at 3 of them last week. 2 out of the 3 did not have Andre being drafted at all. The other had him going to Indiana in the first round. He is so unique that its very difficult for anyone without inside knowledge to gauge.

Reaction Score
I know nba mock drafts aren't as good as nfl mocks but i looked at 3 of them last week. 2 out of the 3 did not have Andre being drafted at all. The other had him going to Indiana in the first round. He is so unique that its very difficult for anyone without inside knowledge to gauge.
I think it's virtually certain that Andre will be drafted if he remains in. But I see many posters indicating that he should remain in the draft given that he's projected late first/early second. IMO, if he's not guaranteed being chosen in the first round, there are a whole lot of reasons to come back for another year. If he doesn't improve his game at all, he'd still be an intriguing second round pick next year -- and if he adds some offense, he might work himself into the first round. Plus, I truly believe he loves being at UConn.

With that being said, I don't think he can really make a wrong choice here. He's a smart kid and I'm sure he's giving it a lot of thought. I know we'll all support him in whatever decision he makes.

Reaction Score
The Celtics should strongly consider him at pick 35 if he’s still there. The Celtics ball movement, penetration, half court offense, and passing was ugly last night.

Reaction Score

Was one of them NBADraft.Net? I used to live on their website from like 2001 through this year but they have a Sanogo as a 2024 2nd round pick. They are either not trying or just dumb or both.

Reaction Score
The Celtics should strongly consider him at pick 35 if he’s still there. The Celtics ball movement, penetration, half court offense, and passing was ugly last night.
If there's any UConn player the Celtics need, it's Hawkins. Their 3 point shooting is atrocious and lost them the series

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom