Andre Jackson announcing Wednesday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson announcing Wednesday

Reaction Score
Yes please! Not sure who he reminds me of from our great past, he’s like a mix between Caron Butler and Daniel Hamilton. Obviously way more athletic than DH, but man if this kid develops an outside shot he will be nasty for sure!
There isn't really any good UConn player comparison.
There is athletic and then there is this kid. He has uncommon athleticism, like Zach LaVine athleticism....this is from over a year ago.

Matt Scott on Twitter: "2020 SG Andre Jackson shuts down the Hardwood Classic Dunk Contest in front of current #kubball players Quentin Grimes, Marcus Garrett, Udoka Azubuike, Dedric Lawson & KU legend Devonte Graham! @mctait @andrejackson111 @HardwoodEvents https://post original url/Nf3RT4nxbb" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Yes please! Not sure who he reminds me of from our great past, he’s like a mix between Caron Butler and Daniel Hamilton. Obviously way more athletic than DH, but man if this kid develops an outside shot he will be nasty for sure!
Scott Burrell with more hops and less of a shooting touch.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Caron was totally something else. We haven't had many guys who fit close to that mold ever.

From what I've seen, something like a partial cross of Daniel Hamilton and Marcus Johnson.
Looks like Rudy Gay, not as tall or polished, but athleticism is very similar....

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Per chance, I am drinking this beer right now. Its name seems apropos to this moment in UConn basketball.

89E83EFD-C00F-4DB8-9419-CB3A39E120A4.jpeg

Reaction Score

I think more like sticks with athleticism and defense. Prob not rebounding aspect

Reaction Score
I think more like sticks with athleticism and defense. Prob not rebounding aspect
Nah. Sticks had no handle. No good lateral movement. Relied on long arms and leaping ability for defense. A black hole passing wise. Didn’t reliably dunk in traffic. This kid stays in front of defenders, has a great handle, passes, and dunks in traffic. I say Burrell with hops.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nah. Sticks had no handle. No good lateral movement. Relied on long arms and leaping ability for defense. A black hole passing wise. Didn’t reliably dunk in traffic. This kid stays in front of defenders, has a great handle, passes, and dunks in traffic. I say Burrell with hops.

Sticks had no problem dunking in traffic. Usually above traffic but he could mash with bodies around him.

Reaction Score
Sticks was way bigger. He was a solid 6'8"-6'9" and 220 lbs. Jackson is a much smaller player. Might be just as eplosive but not nearly as big as Sticks.
Sticks is bigger for sure but Andre is significantly more explosive and just a better athlete than Sticks and I'm a huge Sticks fan and know he was one of our best run and jump athletes.

They just aren't that similar, Andre needs tons of work on his shot but he has a really nice handle and vision. Stanley couldn't really handle and pass much but he could knock down the open shot and was powerful around the rim. They both rebound and block shots well.

Sticks definitely had amazing dunks but Andre just has some athletic plays that leave my jaw on the floor. Watch some game film on him, if he ever fixes his shot he could be really big time, like NBA big time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom