Andre Jackson announcing Wednesday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson announcing Wednesday

Reaction Score
Sticks is bigger for sure but Andre is significantly more explosive and just a better athlete than Sticks and I'm a huge Sticks fan and know he was one of our best run and jump athletes.

They just aren't that similar, Andre needs tons of work on his shot but he has a really nice handle and vision. Stanley couldn't really handle and pass much but he could knock down the open shot and was powerful around the rim. They both rebound and block shots well.

Sticks definitely had amazing dunks but Andre just has some athletic plays that leave my jaw on the floor. Watch some game film on him, if he ever fixes his shot he could be really big time, like NBA big time.

Lol. Andre Jackson is not more explosive than Stanley was. Sticks and Rudy were the two best athletes in UCONN history.

Andre Jackson is a big time athlete of similar caliber as those guys.

PS: Hammer Time is Back in Storrs with Bouk, Andre, and Sid leading the way

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Y'all posting bad orange pictures and such need to respect the basketball gods. We've been burned way too many times to be doing a victory dance.

Stay humble until the LOI comes in. Even a verbal isn't done. S4!t happens.

It's best to expect the worst and hope for the best until any of this is done deal.

Posting some of the crap in this thread will come back to haunt you. Just don't do it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Yeah, I know there are others, and really impressive players one and all.

Sticks could definitely get up.

I was once watching a morning day-of-game shootaround during Sticks’ freshman year. They ran a drill where a player would come off a ball screen and then take a pass in the lane. Sticks set the screen, rolled to the lane and Austrie found him in stride. He just abused the poor walk-on guarding him and threw a dunk down so hard the whole stanchion shook. Calhoun immediately stopped practice. “Sticks!? I only have one question for you. WHY THE [BLEEP] DON’T YOU DO THAT IN THE GAME? Run it again!”

Sticks could put a show on in practice. Less so in games, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Lol. Andre Jackson is not more explosive than Stanley was. Sticks and Rudy were the two best athletes in UCONN history.

Andre Jackson is a big time athlete of similar caliber as those guys.

PS: Hammer Time is Back in Storrs with Bouk, Andre, and Sid leading the way
He absolutely is, I've watched a lot of his games and it's evident.

Reaction Score
Haven’t seen enough of Andre minus some videos which he obviously shows tremendous athletic ability. Stanley is easily our best dunker ever, I get the Rudy reference but he just didn’t have as many.(not sure who said he wasn’t good in traffic throwing it home that’s not correct Sticks could hammer it in traffic) Andre looks to be pretty nice with the ball so that’s important but again he’s 6’5” so he has to be. Stanley turned himself into a solid shooter would hope Andre could also. I really like the Burrell comparison very similar but again Andre a better ball handler. Scott wasn’t a very good shooter but he also turned himself into a respectable one during his career. Was a great defender though something we hope Andre will be.

Let’s hope we get Andre and then he can just be Andre and carve his name into the Storrs record books maybe.

Reaction Score
He absolutely is, I've watched a lot of his games and it's evident.

You are correct. Sticks was a freak.. but Andre is a freak of freaks. It's not an insult to say Andre is the better pure athlete. It doesn't mean he is, or will be, the better ball player. I had to watch maybe half a dozen Albany City Rocks games for work. Andre plays at a pace that all but the best on the planet can't match. I legitimately think he's a a potential Olympic long jumper if he never picked up a basketball. There's a reason why a 6'6 175lb kid who can't shoot was able to average 15ppg in the EYBL.

Sticks was bigger and stronger--they're completely different players.

Reaction Score
Awesome weakside help defender. One on one relied more on long arms and vertical (shot blocking). Not so much lateral movement. Something Burrell possessed, like Jackson. Apparently not too many people here remember Burrell.

Ya horrible lateral defender that's why he guarded John wall 2nd half vs Kentucky at msg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ridiculous to debate about whether an 18 year old high schooler is a better athlete than guys we've had here on top 10 and final four teams, playing against other elite athletes.

Let's see the kid take on UNH or Boston U before saying he's a better athlete than Rudy Gay.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous to debate about whether an 18 year old high schooler is a better athlete than guys we've had here on top 10 and final four teams, playing against other elite athletes.

Let's see the kid take on UNH or Boston U before saying he's a better athlete than Rudy Gay.
How on earth is it ridiculous? I saw Zion play when he was 16 and knew he was a better athlete than anyone who ever played here. I didn't need to see him play against UNH to know that.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
How on earth is it ridiculous? I saw Zion play when he was 16 and knew he was a better athlete than anyone who ever played here. I didn't need to see him play against UNH to know that.

Just because your opinion would become true (Zion/UConn) doesn't mean it based on anything but hype at the time.

Reaction Score
Just because your opinion would become true (Zion/UConn) doesn't mean it based on anything but hype at the time.
You're not making any sense. It's based off of watching him play just as Jackson being a better athlete than Sticks is based off of watching him play.

Reaction Score

I think he and I are talking about pure athleticism... vertical, lateral movement, end to end speed... whereas you're taking the view of a total basketball player's athleticism. Hand eye coordination, IQ, ability to use the pure athleticism in the college game.

Ie. I would call a track jumper a better pure athlete than your average basketball player. A jumper still would probably be a terrible basketball player because of the other facets of athleticism you're thinking of.

A kid's pure athleticism is evident by 16 or 17-years-old. Obviously the other stuff is developed in college and after. You could have the pure athleticism and just not know how to use it in the game as well.

Reaction Score
When an Andre Jackson Announcement Date thread quickly becomes a "debate" about past UConn athletes.

Boneyardin', baby!!
Seriously does it devolve this quickly on other forums?

Reaction Score
Y'all posting bad orange pictures and such need to respect the basketball gods. We've been burned way too many times to be doing a victory dance.

Stay humble until the LOI comes in. Even a verbal isn't done. S4!t happens.

It's best to expect the worst and hope for the best until any of this is done deal.

Posting some of the crap in this thread will come back to haunt you. Just don't do it.
No point in being a UConn fan if we can't spike the football when we steal a kid out of their backyard

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You're not making any sense. It's based off of watching him play just as Jackson being a better athlete than Sticks is based off of watching him play.

Context matters and effects perception.

I really doubt your eye test was able to discern a basketball players athletic ability based off of YouTube videos against other high school kids and then project that to a comparison against guys at UConn who haven't even been in the program for a decade plus.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This will be a great get. As it takes a player from the Cuse's backyard and give UConn a top athlete and breaks the snide of getting a commitment

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom