And Now There is One | The Boneyard

And Now There is One

C

Chief00

Sometimes, something good can get swept away by bigger events. Blaze, which some put so much hard work into has had three knockout punches this week.

When Chill was not retained this was inevitable. An amazingly successful strategy for 9 months and now one recruit remains, Sid Wilson.

Sid thanks for staying. Sid make us proud. You were always special but now even more so.

Go Huskies.

Chief

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Question: if Sid decided to transfer and applied for a waiver to play next year, would he get it given his past circumstances at SJ's and now at UConn with the coaching change?

Reaction Score
Question: if Sid decided to transfer and applied for a waiver to play next year, would he get it given his past circumstances at SJ's and now at UConn with the coaching change?

As of now nope. The transfer rule hasn't changed yet.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No recruiting strategy can withstand a total coaching turnover. It is what it is and doesn’t reflect on the merits of the Blaze Principles.
I'm not the only one here who will be taking a look at where Akinjo, Matthews, and Kisunas end up next year and how they fare.
I'll be curious, too, about Montez Mathis and Jalen Carey, just as I took a look at this year's play & progress for Tremont Waters, Davide Moretti, Hamidou Diallo, Turtle Jackson, Mamoudou Diarra, and Makai Ashton-Langford. And of course, Vance Jackson, Steve Enoch, and Juean Durham will be of interest.

But every one them are associated with KO and some with Chillious, who are both part of UConn's past. Therefore, I won't give these players any more attention than Antoine Anderson, David Onuorah, or Terry Larrier. Or Mustafa Heron. Or Malik Newman. Or Zach Brown. Or Diamond Stone. Or Bonzie Colson. Or Mo Bamba. Or Rakim Lublin.

Can anyone offer a good reason for paying greater attention than this?

Long live Ray Kasongo.

Reaction Score
Chief's relationship with Sid Wilson from here on out
giphy-downsized.gif

C

Chief00

I'm not the only one here who will be taking a look at where Akinjo, Matthews, and Kisunas end up next year and how they fare.
I'll be curious, too, about Montez Mathis and Jalen Carey, just as I took a look at this year's play & progress for Tremont Waters, Davide Moretti, Hamidou Diallo, Turtle Jackson, Mamoudou Diarra, and Makai Ashton-Langford. And of course, Vance Jackson, Steve Enoch, and Juean Durham will be of interest.

But every one them are associated with KO and some with Chillious, who are both part of UConn's past. Therefore, I won't give these players any more attention than Antoine Anderson, David Onuorah, or Terry Larrier. Or Mustafa Heron. Or Malik Newman. Or Zach Brown. Or Diamond Stone. Or Bonzie Colson. Or Mo Bamba. Or Rakim Lublin.

Can anyone offer a good reason for paying greater attention than this?

Long live Ray Kasongo.

If KO got Malik Newman, he would still have his job.

Reaction Score
I love me some Chief, but...
Chillious has been the Associate Head Coach on 2 straight dumpster fires, a 9-22 season at Washington and our 14-18 season with 8 losses of 20 or more points. Perhaps he is an elite recruiter, but it seems to me that the Associate Head Coach should be more than a just a recruiter. So we have lost 3 recruits. Ones that Hurley may or may not regret losing, as we don't know what else he may have in the works.

The program was like the land of misfit toys. A Head Coach who was in over his head, an Associate Head Coach who seemingly didn't impact much outside of recruiting, Killings (no clue what he did or didn't do well), Ricky who sat at the other end of the bench away from the other coaches, 3 healthy guards (who often all started), DO who started many games despite real limitations, etc.

In short, the culture of the program was seriously flawed. So if we lose 3 recruits due to not retaining an Associate Head Coach who's teams went 23-40 the last 2 years, I think we can all live with that. Especially if those 3 slots are ultimately filled with similar talent. I guess we just need to see how the remaining roster spots are filled. I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being a little concerned about filling those 3 slots this late in the game. But I believe that Coach Hurley has something good in the works, otherwise we probably wouldn't have the 3 open slots.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Sometimes, something good can get swept away by bigger events. Blaze, which some put so much hard work into has had three knockout punches this week.

When Chill was not retained this was inevitable. An amazingly successful strategy for 9 months and now one recruit remains, Sid Wilson.

Sid thanks for staying. Sid make us proud. You were always special but now even more so.

Go Huskies.

Chief

Raze Strategy

images

Husky > eskimos > igloo

C

Chief00

I love me some Chief, but...
Chillious has been the Associate Head Coach on 2 straight dumpster fires, a 9-22 season at Washington and our 14-18 season with 8 losses of 20 or more points. Perhaps he is an elite recruiter, but it seems to me that the Associate Head Coach should be more than a just a recruiter. So we have lost 3 recruits. Ones that Hurley may or may not regret losing, as we don't know what else he may have in the works.

The program was like the land of misfit toys. A Head Coach who was in over his head, an Associate Head Coach who seemingly didn't impact much outside of recruiting, Killings (no clue what he did or didn't do well), Ricky who sat at the other end of the bench away from the other coaches, 3 healthy guards (who often all started), DO who started many games despite real limitations, etc.

In short, the culture of the program was seriously flawed. So if we lose 3 recruits due to not retaining an Associate Head Coach who's teams went 23-40 the last 2 years, I think we can all live with that. Especially if those 3 slots are ultimately filled with similar talent. I guess we just need to see how the remaining roster spots are filled. I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being a little concerned about filling those 3 slots this late in the game. But I believe that Coach Hurley has something good in the works, otherwise we probably wouldn't have the 3 open slots.

I am with you - please don’t misunderstand my post. Sure, I am a little personally disappointed Blaze never really had the opportunity to play out except for Sid. So all I was trying to do is give Sid a little shout out to let him know how much he is appreciated.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I am with you - please don’t misunderstand my post. Sure, I am a little personally disappointed Blaze never really had the opportunity to play out except for Sid. So all I was trying to do is give Sid a little shout out to let him know how much he is appreciated.

I’ll never understand why you use the Boneyard, of all places, to give your guys shoutouts.

Reaction Score
Truly a special and unprecedented era of recruiting thanks to Chill and the Blaze strategy. I am not sure how many programs can handle losing 3 sub top 100 prospects but hopefully Hurley is up to the task.

Such wonderful, positive vibes from all of your posts. Not sure we'd survive without this consistent input, speaking of truly special.

Reaction Score

Go Huskies.

Chief
hahahahahahahaha

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44