And Now There is One | Page 3 | The Boneyard

And Now There is One

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Some folks just don't get it - at least some admit they are condescending - it's a start!
On another note, I understood what you and stairmaster were doing these past two seasons. I thought it was a fools endeavor. At some point in time it becomes obvious that certain people are unwilling to consider different viewpoints and arguing with them is a futile endeavor. It becomes more about a battle to prove who has the most fortitude than about the issue of the debate.

My time is too valuable to take that path. However, I like balance regarding issues particularly because most issues are complex and reducing them to one or two bullet points reduces the ability to gain insight to those issues. So I applauded you guys with that in mind. More so because I knew the arguments you and stair were making were not necessarily the points you both would have preferred to have made. You guys were stubborn but to a half fault. Noble but futile cause.

Reaction Score
Sometimes Chief you go and make one too many posts and go and blow the free aura you have built for some odd reason amongst the clueless here. Do less.

This is correct.

Christ I can only tolerate it for so long - typically 3-4 months then I lash out at the lunacy and then can handle it for another 3-4 months before the cycle starts again.

C

Chief00

It's unclear to me but I think it involved running a stagnant inefficient offense coupled with a failure to close out on three point shooters in order to get a coaching change in Storrs.

Well played Chief, very well played indeed.
CL82 - You know better than that nonsense - Blaze was solely a recruiting strategy. I have said that numerous times. It had nothing to do with game strategy or offense/defensive tactics.

C

Chief00

Yes, I know they can't say anything about a player. Which makes your idiotic blaze strategy even more ridiculous. The fact is, you're trying to say that the actions the staff took, AFTER the commitment, is what led to the commitment. That's your MO. Make a ridiculous argument, then tell people they just don't understand the nuance. You're a clown.

You have blown past the borders of total incoherency. I can’t even identify a cognitive idea in your post, never mind respond.

Reaction Score
CL82 - You know better than that nonsense - Blaze was solely a recruiting strategy. I have said that numerous times. It had nothing to do with game strategy or offense/defensive tactics.

Will someone please define "the Blaze strategy" for a somewhat new viewer of these august posts?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Will someone please define "the Blaze strategy" for a somewhat new viewer of these august posts?
Apparently people may or may not have met at a blaze pizza establishment where they may or may not have come up with a new recruiting strategy that goes something like recruit better in the 100 to 200 range in order to return UConn Mens Basketball to it's former glory.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sometimes Chief you go and make one too many posts and go and blow the free aura you have built for some odd reason amongst the clueless here. Do less.

If we start winning, the aura will abate. People look for certainty in times of strife. If there's no strife, there's no need.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Apparently people may or may not have met at a blaze pizza establishment where they may or may not have come up with a new recruiting strategy that goes something like recruit better in the 100 to 200 range in order to return UConn Mens Basketball to it's former glory.

Kudos to them for sussing that out. Though it begs the question as to why they didn't do exactly that then?

Reaction Score
WingU was reasonable in his conversation with me. Chief's act is endearing to some. Others hate his lies or exaggerations. I have a different viewpoint. I don't think it's healthy to support attention seekers or to be convinced anyone is above reproach but most of the stuff he's currently writing is harmless in my book. I have a feeling that the switch can go off for him and he'll get his followers to turn on someone.
I think Chief is cute. Kind of like the kid in school who just can't get any attention, so he makes stuff up to try and be relevant. He is in desperate need of a friend. I hope someone on here will take one for the team. I'm not sure how this forum would survive without the entertainment (aka, fake news) that he provides.

C

Chief00

I recognize the knives are out at anyone whose visible now because three recruits just decommited and we currently have nothing to offset that. It is what it is in a “hostile” coaching transition takeover.

The stated purpose of my original post was to say we still have one Blaze recruit left - Sid Wilson - and he can be a pretty special player. We are lucky to have him and Chief for one appreciates him.

Why that created this avalanche of criticism is par for the BY course.

Reaction Score
Sometimes, something good can get swept away by bigger events. Blaze, which some put so much hard work into has had three knockout punches this week.

When Chill was not retained this was inevitable. An amazingly successful strategy for 9 months and now one recruit remains, Sid Wilson.

Sid thanks for staying. Sid make us proud. You were always special but now even more so.

Go Huskies.

Chief
@Chief00, Wilson didn't have much of a choice. He sat this past season and didn't want to sit consecutive seasons. He would have been gone if it was guaranteed that he wouldn't have to sit out again. Same can be said for Gilbert.

Reaction Score
I recognize the knives are out at anyone whose visible now because three recruits just decommited and we currently have nothing to offset that. It is what it is in a “hostile” coaching transition takeover.

The stated purpose of my original post was to say we still have one Blaze recruit left - Sid Wilson - and he can be a pretty special player. We are lucky to have him and Chief for one appreciates him.

Why that created this avalanche of criticism is par for the BY course.

I think the issue, Chief, is that UConn recruited Wilson long before you called a summit of great basketball minds at a pizza place and the kid has been pretty candid that he wanted to leave St. Johns the second he got to campus and that UConn had been his preferred landing spot all along.

Some people see you trying to rewrite history by casting Wilson's arrival in Storrs as the product of the nonsensical "Blaze strategy" and they laugh and say, "Oh, that's just Chief being Chief" - I'm in that camp - and other people get angry because you're just making things up and trying to sound like everything that takes place is part of some plan you're privy to.

It's like when the Hurley deal got done and you immediately said that that was the reason you had played a random video of Bunkey dancing several days prior. Everyone knows you're completely full of ___, some people laugh at it and others get upset. I know Chief can roll with the punches.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think the issue, Chief, is that UConn recruited Wilson long before you called a summit of great basketball minds at a pizza place and the kid has been pretty candid that he wanted to leave St. Johns the second he got to campus and that UConn had been his preferred landing spot all along.

Some people see you trying to rewrite history by casting Wilson's arrival in Storrs as the product of the nonsensical "Blaze strategy" and they laugh and say, "Oh, that's just Chief being Chief" - I'm in that camp - and other people get angry because you're just making things up and trying to sound like everything that takes place is part of some plan you're privy to.

It's like when the Hurley deal got done and you immediately said that that was the reason you had played a random video of Bunkey dancing several days prior. Everyone knows you're completely full of ___, some people laugh at it and others get upset. I know Chief can roll with the punches.
Pin this at the top of the page.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom