And Now There is One | Page 2 | The Boneyard

And Now There is One

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am with you - please don’t misunderstand my post. Sure, I am a little personally disappointed Blaze never really had the opportunity to play out except for Sid. So all I was trying to do is give Sid a little shout out to let him know how much he is appreciated.
I love this post. Chief, I salute you.

15vets+gal052314.JPG

Reaction Score
What was Sid's options besides staying? Wouldn't he have to sit out again if he transferred since he took classes here as well or since he sat out one season he can play right away somewhere else.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Truly a special and unprecedented era of recruiting thanks to Chill and the Blaze strategy. I am not sure how many programs can handle losing 3 sub top 100 prospects but hopefully Hurley is up to the task.

"Sub top 100"? Scratching my head on this term.

Reaction Score
Do we actually get to know what you decided the "Blaze strategy" was now?

C

Chief00

I’ll never understand why you use the Boneyard, of all places, to give your guys shoutouts.

It’s a public forum of UConn fans - why is that so odd?

Don’t get me wrong, I express appreciation on a personal level but our Blaze prep research showed Millenials liked to be recognized and highlighted on social media.

Therefore, Chill would post non specific hype posts just prior to the public verbal. This was something the basketball program did not do pre Chill.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

Don’t get me wrong, I express appreciation on a personal level but our Blaze prep research showed Millenials liked to be recognized and highlighted on social media.

Therefore, Chill would post non specific hype posts just prior to the public verbal. This was something the basketball program did not do pre Chill.

With brilliant strategies like these I can't understand why we didn't land Reddish.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This clown is trying to convince us that our recruiting improved because we posted a hype video AFTER a recruit committed but BEFORE it was made public.

"Come to UConn, get more likes on the 'gram"

#ClownShoes
It's about as stupid as people writing anonymously in a forum believing their opinions are important.

#MostofusSeetheotherguysClownShoesandNOTourOWN

C

Chief00

This clown is trying to convince us that our recruiting improved because we posted a hype video AFTER a recruit committed but BEFORE it was made public.

"Come to UConn, get more likes on the 'gram"

#ClownShoes

You got it all wrong - Chill would post some non player specific post building anticipation - due to NCAA rule until someone actual signs coaches can’t say anything publicly about the player.

Last edited by a moderator:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do we actually get to know what you decided the "Blaze strategy" was now?
It's unclear to me but I think it involved running a stagnant inefficient offense coupled with a failure to close out on three point shooters in order to get a coaching change in Storrs.

Well played Chief, very well played indeed.

Reaction Score
It's about as stupid as people writing anonymously in a forum believing their opinions are important.

Did I say my opinion was important, or are you just assuming I believe that so you can try and score some points here.

Many of us, myself included, tend to be condescending on here, but at least we're honest. Chief is not only condescending, but he's been proven to be a liar. That's why he's a clown.

Reaction Score
As usual you got it all wrong - Chill would post some non player specific post building anticipation - due to NCAA rule until someone actual signs coaches can’t say anything publicly about the player.
Yes, I know they can't say anything about a player. Which makes your idiotic blaze strategy even more ridiculous. The fact is, you're trying to say that the actions the staff took, AFTER the commitment, is what led to the commitment. That's your MO. Make a ridiculous argument, then tell people they just don't understand the nuance. You're a clown.

Reaction Score
I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being a little concerned about filling those 3 slots this late in the game. But I believe that Coach Hurley has something good in the works, otherwise we probably wouldn't have the 3 open slots.
Meh, the season isn’t even over yet. Got five months before the next fall semester starts.

There will be tons of opportunities for late commitments and transfers.

Good post though

Reaction Score

If the former regime needed to have a meeting at a pizza place to determine that millenials like attention on social platforms it just shows how out of touch they were - I see a new "Real Men Of Genius" campaign for Bud Light coming on - we salute you out of touch college basketball coaching staff, your inability to grasp the obvious about those you want to come play for you tells everyone you'll soon learn that your key to the gym no longer works.

By research you mean looking at kids social media feeds, or looking at any of the tons of books written about marketing to Millenials or going one of 100's of conferences on the topic - christ you make it sounds like someone had to spend years of their life crisscrossing the globe and piecing together fragment of info to give the program the competitive edge.

Buffoons.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Did I say my opinion was important, or are you just assuming I believe that so you can try and score some points here.

Many of us, myself included, tend to be condescending on here, but at least we're honest. Chief is not only condescending, but he's been proven to be a liar. That's why he's a clown.
Even though I'm just expressing a worthless opinion, about this, you and I are in agreement.

I'll modify it slightly. The guy knows what he's doing. His cute act is a sham but effective. He was the ringleader when this forum hit Dyson hard.

He took hits over the years when fans moved on and he couldn't. It's a testament to his will. Not many could take the number of insults BigErn threw his way. So he created a persona that was nonthreatening, clown like. And that swung the pendulum in his favor with a number of posters.

His exaggerations and or outright lies don't bother me. It's the crowd that doesn't understand his motives that I'm concerned about. If people want to satisfy his attention seeking when he's being ridiculous that's on them. If he convinces them to turn on people that's another matter for me.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Sometimes Chief you go and make one too many posts and go and blow the free aura you have built for some odd reason amongst the clueless here. Do less.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Some folks just don't get it - at least some admit they are condescending - it's a start!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Some folks just don't get it - at least some admit they are condescending - it's a start!
WingU was reasonable in his conversation with me. Chief's act is endearing to some. Others hate his lies or exaggerations. I have a different viewpoint. I don't think it's healthy to support attention seekers or to be convinced anyone is above reproach but most of the stuff he's currently writing is harmless in my book. I have a feeling that the switch can go off for him and he'll get his followers to turn on someone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom