And Now There is One | Page 5 | The Boneyard

And Now There is One

C

Chief00

There’s a little dichotomy going on - the recruits are tweeting they’re still going to URI (translated Cox head coach) but the existing players think he’s gone. Maybe they are just traumatized about Hurley leaving. I would probably hire Oates. Dooley may be more affordable and realistic. Due to holidays haven’t been too involved - early next week I will look into it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There’s a little dichotomy going on - the recruits are tweeting they’re still going to URI (translated Cox head coach) but the existing players think he’s gone. Maybe they are just traumatized about Hurley leaving. I would probably hire Oates. Dooley may be more affordable and realistic. Due to holidays haven’t been too involved - early next week I will look into it.

No chance Oats is interested . He's got an elite 8 team coming back. And he'll command 3.5m+ P5 in a year or two.

Plus, he and his wife are happy there. I don't think he would have come to UCONN either.

C

Chief00

No chance Oats is interested . He's got an elite 8 team coming back. And he'll command 3.5m+ P5 in a year or two.

I don't think he would have come to UCONN either.
I said Dooley was more affordable and realistic.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I said Dooley was more affordable and realistic.

But implied Nate was an option, when he isn't. That's what I was speaking to. He had no interest in the Pitt job even. You could just as well of said you could hire coach K. Haha

Dooley Becker or cox. Will be interesting. It's a big hire for them.

Reaction Score
The real question here is "Chief, If I said your name, would JC know you"????? Oops, wrong thread.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
On another note, I understood what you and stairmaster were doing these past two seasons. I thought it was a fools endeavor. At some point in time it becomes obvious that certain people are unwilling to consider different viewpoints and arguing with them is a futile endeavor. It becomes more about a battle to prove who has the most fortitude than about the issue of the debate.

My time is too valuable to take that path. However, I like balance regarding issues particularly because most issues are complex and reducing them to one or two bullet points reduces the ability to gain insight to those issues. So I applauded you guys with that in mind. More so because I knew the arguments you and stair were making were not necessarily the points you both would have preferred to have made. You guys were stubborn but to a half fault. Noble but futile cause.
If that's what you understand - I now understand

C

Chief00

But implied Nate was an option, when he isn't. That's what I was speaking to. He had no interest in the Pitt job even. You could just as well of said you could hire coach K. Haha

Dooley Becker or cox. Will be interesting. It's a big hire for them.

I said I like Oats but Dooley is more realistic/affordable. Basically, I think we are saying the same thing.
I really like Oats, but he’s not realistic - I think people know what that means. Even the casual fans get it.

Reaction Score
I said the week Hurley got hired it was going to be a “big week”. I also had previously said KO was gone before the axe fell which surprised some who thought UConn did not have the money.

Please keep in mind Year One of Hurley’s contract is actually $3.75m not $2.75m because UConn is paying first million of Hurley’s buyout.

As far as Bunkey on stage at the fetty concert - it sounded to me like the lyrics were saying whose coming here ? At any rate, the big call was KO leaving not Hurley coming. Besides Bunkey is always fun.

At any rate, you’re right Chief rolls with the punches.
You may or may not have an inside track. But when you said "next week is big". You provided nothing that avery media outlet was reporting. Even the most casual fan could have made that prognostication.

C

Chief00

You may or may not have an inside track. But when you said "next week is big". You provided nothing that avery media outlet was reporting. Even the most casual fan could have made that prognostication.
I agree my big call on this was KO leaving not Hurley coming. But, still the casual fans were frustrated with me due to “the gag order “ so I had been subtle - the Bunkey concert “look whose coming “ and the “Big Week”. Earlier I had said money wasn’t an issue which contrary to what you are saying now - many thought it would be.
But, Chief is use to that - people telling Chief how wrong I am and then when it happens it flips to everyone knew it would happen.

Reaction Score
But, Chief is use to that - people telling Chief how wrong I am and then when it happens it flips to everyone knew it would happen.
He didn't say you were wrong, he implied that you were intentionally vague. Everyone knew a Hurley decision was probably coming that week. If Hurley chose Pitt over us, it still would've been a "big week" and I'm sure you still would've been playing the "I told you so" card.

Reaction Score
He didn't say you were wrong, he implied that you were intentionally vague. Everyone knew a Hurley decision was probably coming that week. If Hurley chose Pitt over us, it still would've been a "big week" and I'm sure you still would've been playing the "I told you so" card.
Correct. Saying Next Week Big was a nothing post. Unfortunately I can't say a lot more because I do not want to be called to give testimony.

C

Chief00

When I say “Big Week” it’s for us - not Pitt or any other school. Chief doesn’t operate that way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom