And Now There is One | Page 4 | The Boneyard

And Now There is One

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Chief: I hate being irrelevant

Chief congratulating Sid Wilson. Sid wearing a blonde wig here.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Why that created this avalanche of criticism is par for the BY course.

I'm going to answer you seriously and pretend I think this is a real thing.

Because you've created a bunch of threads and hi-jacked countless others over ~9 months talking about this "Blaze strategy" without giving details about what it actually entails other than it's a recruiting strategy.There is no reason to restrict this information. This frustrates people eager to learn more about the team and the off-court strategy. People see this unwillingness to explain and it makes them think your actions are a result of a need for attention or elitism (or that there is nothing to explain because it is made up). Your further condescension (see your reply to CL82) does nothing to dissuade these feelings. Thus, people mock and criticize your vague references to the strategy.

Reaction Score
Sometimes, something good can get swept away by bigger events. Blaze, which some put so much hard work into has had three knockout punches this week. When Chill was not retained this was inevitable. An amazingly successful strategy for 9 months and now one recruit remains, Sid Wilson. Sid thanks for staying. Sid make us proud. You were always special but now even more so. Go Huskies. Chief
I am happy to have Wilson as well but it's hilarious you say that signing Akinjo / Matthews / Kisunas was "an amazingly successful strategy"...........you could throw darts at the top 200 recruits names & the 3 names you hit that signed would be an equally successful strategy. KO & Chill asked tons of recruits to come to UConn & those happened to be the 3 that said yes. I imagine DH will fill those 3 spots in the 18 or 19 class with something that he's more in touch with & hopefully better.

Blaze strategy appears to have flamed out thankfully.

Reaction Score
I'm going to answer you seriously and pretend I think this is a real thing.

Because you've created a bunch of threads and hi-jacked countless others over ~9 months talking about this "Blaze strategy" without giving details about what it actually entails other than it's a recruiting strategy.There is no reason to restrict this information. This frustrates people eager to learn more about the team and the off-court strategy. People see this unwillingness to explain and it makes them think your actions are a result of a need for attention or elitism (or that there is nothing to explain because it is made up). Your further condescension (see your reply to CL82) does nothing to dissuade these feelings. Thus, people mock and criticize your vague references to the strategy.
Chief as you well know chiefin’ ain’t for the faint of heart. It ain’t easy being the Chief.

C

Chief00

I am happy to have Wilson as well but it's hilarious you say that signing Akinjo / Matthews / Kisunas was "an amazingly successful strategy"......you could throw darts at the top 200 recruits names & the 3 names you hit that signed would be an equally successful strategy. KO & Chill asked tons of recruits to come to UConn & those happened to be the 3 that said yes. I imagine Coach Hurley will fill those 3 spots in the 18 or 19 class with something better.
It’s amazing how much some take for granted. That was part of Blaze - do needs analysis and success profiles that go far beyond the rankings sequences that perhaps KO relied too much on. Happy Easter and Passover

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It’s amazing how much some take for granted. That was part of Blaze - do needs analysis and success profiles th@at go far beyond the rankings sequences that perhaps KO relied too much on. Happy Easter and Passover

As @auror asked here: And Now There is One

Define blaze strategy. What are those needs analysis and success profiles?

Reaction Score
It’s amazing how much some take for granted. That was part of Blaze - do needs analysis and success profiles that go far beyond the rankings sequences that perhaps KO relied too much on. Happy Easter and Passover
Or could it be that was Plan C after some players transfer & most of the better recruits you go after say no thanks? Yes, Happy Easter & Passover.

Reaction Score
Hahahahahahaha

Reaction Score
Stop using blaze. Abject failure as are you as any kind of prognosticator. You exist to laugh at
Not with.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it Chief!!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Chief is our guilty pleasure. Otherwise the majority of us would have him on ignore. What he imagined he brought to the Yard is gone now. Over the next few months Chief will reveal that he is on the inside with the new staff and is privy to info. Stay tuned.

C

Chief00

I think the issue, Chief, is that UConn recruited Wilson long before you called a summit of great basketball minds at a pizza place and the kid has been pretty candid that he wanted to leave St. Johns the second he got to campus and that UConn had been his preferred landing spot all along.

Some people see you trying to rewrite history by casting Wilson's arrival in Storrs as the product of the nonsensical "Blaze strategy" and they laugh and say, "Oh, that's just Chief being Chief" - I'm in that camp - and other people get angry because you're just making things up and trying to sound like everything that takes place is part of some plan you're privy to.

It's like when the Hurley deal got done and you immediately said that that was the reason you had played a random video of Bunkey dancing several days prior. Everyone knows you're completely full of ___, some people laugh at it and others get upset. I know Chief can roll with the punches.

I said the week Hurley got hired it was going to be a “big week”. I also had previously said KO was gone before the axe fell which surprised some who thought UConn did not have the money.

Please keep in mind Year One of Hurley’s contract is actually $3.75m not $2.75m because UConn is paying first million of Hurley’s buyout.

As far as Bunkey on stage at the fetty concert - it sounded to me like the lyrics were saying whose coming here ? At any rate, the big call was KO leaving not Hurley coming. Besides Bunkey is always fun.

At any rate, you’re right Chief rolls with the punches.

C

Chief00

When / how did Chill get the hook??
Essentially, he never was seriously considered by Hurley. I wished he had been, but Hurley is entitled to bring in his own coaching team. My hunch is Dan may believe Cox won’t be named URI coach and wanted that spot for him. His comment about mid Atlantic recruiting is consistent with that.

C

Chief00

Chief has contacts throughout the college landscape. Interestingly, the URI AD did not go to the F4 but is rather staying home working on his hire.
Lots of rumors on the URI campus about guys transferring, recruits decommiting to UConn. It may be just paranoia after what happened - but Chief expects news next week. Rick Pitino would love this job given the circumstances but Chief thinks it’s too soon to pull the trigger - but that’s a guess.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Chief has contacts throughout the college landscape. Interestingly, the URI AD did not go to the F4 but is rather staying home working on his hire.
Lots of rumors on the URI campus about guys transferring, recruits decommiting to UConn. It may be just paranoia after what happened - but Chief expects news next week. Rick Pitino would love this job given the circumstances but Chief thinks it’s too soon to pull the trigger - but that’s a guess.

The use of the buyout money is just one of a series of major decisions that Bjorn and school president David Dooley have no doubt discussed over the last few days. Bjorn has decided not to attend the Final Four this weekend in San Antonio in order to keep working on his search. He’s clearly committed to exploring several avenues and talking to some sitting head coaches, as well as weighing the option of promoting Cox.

Dan Hurley's buyout money gives Rhody some options

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

So who do you think gets the job

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom