Amida Workingout for the Celtics Today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amida Workingout for the Celtics Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's not going got be an NBAer so why waste the pick? Weller is hundred times better as is Amir Johnson - what are you guys seeing?

This won't happen he will be our starting C for at least 1/2 the year.

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah, right.....give us the percentage of those who do!

Considering Ollie has been coaching four years, he's had the following leave the program:
6 seniors
2 early entries
4 grad transfers
1 return to Germany to play pro
3 transfer out (PSU, Cal State Northrudge and American)

I believe all of the seniors graduated, though I didn't look it up (Napier, Giffey, Olander, Boatright, Calhoun, Nolan). So three is the number to leave and not graduate. One was booted, one was a second round pick and one is at the NBA draft combine. I am not counting transfers because kids transfer from all programs and all went to other D1 programs. So what percentage do you want? Are we counting grad transfers? those transferring? What exactly do you want? Are we counting Wolf, or would you have preferred Ollie/UConn had kept him?

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Considering Ollie has been coaching four years, he's had the following leave the program:
6 seniors
2 early entries
4 grad transfers
1 return to Germany to play pro
3 transfer out (PSU, Cal State Northrudge and American)

I believe all of the seniors graduated, though I didn't look it up (Napier, Giffey, Olander, Boatright, Calhoun, Nolan). So three is the number to leave and not graduate. One was booted, one was a second round pick and one is at the NBA draft combine. I am not counting transfers because kids transfer from all programs and all went to other D1 programs. So what percentage do you want? Are we counting grad transfers? those transferring? What exactly do you want? Are we counting Wolf, or would you have preferred Ollie/UConn had kept him?
The National graduation average for Men's basketball teams is 77%.
In 2013, the Uconn men's graduation rate was 8%; in 2014, it was 17%; in 2015, it was 20%. ..............."figger" it out.
So, "figger" it out.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

:eek:

I mean in all honesty, it's actually kind of depressing to see someone who calls themselves a "fan" of the UConn women go this far out of their way to impugn the members of the men's team. I don't know whether it's jealousy of the media attention the men's game receives or residual irrational hatred of Cahoun, but either way it's a really bad look for the entire UConn Husky fan base.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
In 2013, the Uconn men's graduation rate was 8%; in 2014, it was 17%; in 2015, it was 20%. ....."figger" it out.
So, "figger" it out.

LOL. I bet you have zero clue how those are calculated or what they mean. Ignorance must be bliss.

And I gave you the actual count of players under Ollie, percentages mean zip with the numbers we are discussing.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
In 2013, the Uconn men's graduation rate was 8%; in 2014, it was 17%; in 2015, it was 20%. ....."figger" it out.
So, "figger" it out.
Umm, what exactly are you getting at with "figger"...? And if it's even remotely close to what I think it might be, then you should be banned immediately.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The problem is that Amidah doesn't have to get drafted in the second round (I don't think that is happening) but all it takes is for AB, or any other kid, to think they have a good chance to be drafted.
Easy way for kids who've had a lot of smoke blown up their to mes up his chances. RP seems more mature than most. This system is an improvement, but it still leaves vulnerable kids stuck between college and pro coaches that make money off of them.

caw

Reaction Score
Umm, what exactly are you getting at with "figger"...? And if it's even remotely close to what I think it might be, then you should be banned immediately.

Did not even cross my mind he was implying what you are suggesting. That would be disgusting. I would hope the poster was not being that moronic.

Reaction Score
So, "figger" it out.

Where did this come from? Go put the curlers in your hair and watch another 60 point blowout and tell us how "that's how you play basketball"...hilarious you are even here spewing any crap.

Reaction Score
The only time someone leaving the program is a "bad thing" is when that person doesn't end up with a good job or transfer to another college.

People getting jobs (especially of the top 1% variety) is not something that should be considered a strike against a school.

And if someone transfers to another school while doing fine academically, that is also not a slam against the school.

Reaction Score
I could totally see Boston taking a chance on Brimah.

They have like 500 picks in the 2016 draft. They're going to have to store some prospects in the D-league anyway.

Reaction Score
So, "figger" it out.
Is 77% with or without Kentucky?

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
So, "figger" it out.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt your figures. What is their source? An 8% graduation rate means that one of 12 seniors graduated. Did we really have 12 seniors in 2013?

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt your figures. What is their source? An 8% graduation rate means that one of 12 seniors graduated. Did we really have 12 seniors in 2013?

There's about a six year lag period in the calculation. This years graduation rate incorporates kids who were there from '06-'09, or something like that.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So, "figger" it out.

most of that 77% you cite, which I question BTW, would switch places with just about any UConn kid who happens to be playing basketball professionally here or abroad

it's about preparing them for life, and a degree isn't always the best option, especially not during their prime earning days

it's not rocket science either

Reaction Score
most of that 77% you cite, which I question BTW, would switch places with just about any UConn kid who happens to be playing basketball professionally here or abroad

it's about preparing them for life, and a degree isn't always the best option, especially not during their prime earning days

it's not rocket science either

Doubt he/she hears you willie, too stupid to get it if he even posted that already. But spot on by you.

Reaction Score
Amida, good luck to him. If he stays at Uconn, of course this can only help him. Brad Stevens is a very smart man, and probably make a large impression in a short period of time. On a small note, Amida has a bit of a Robert Parrish characteristic in him. Maybe why Ainge wanted to look at him. Only speculating..

Reaction Score
Amida, good luck to him. If he stays at Uconn, of course this can only help him. Brad Stevens is a very smart man, and probably make a large impression in a short period of time. On a small note, Amida has a bit of a Robert Parrish characteristic in him. Maybe why Ainge wanted to look at him. Only speculating..

You mean "Chief"? ;)

Back to Robert Parrish and with all due respect, what characteristic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom